Group 7-day waking average?

@gll I hope your appointment goes well and it's worth changing out of your pyjamas. Hugs!

Morning all... funny thin cloud cover with blue showing through, but still humid and sticky.

8.4 first thing, dropped to 6.7 now. No doubt the 8.4 is due to the hypo treatments at 1 am for a 3.4. 1 Dextrose and 1 ginger cookie seems to raise me into the 8s where it stays with a flat line all night, before dropping after I wake up. I must buy some jelly babies, will any brand do? Or is there a preferred brand?

BP was done this morning with the wrist cuff (which is pretty accurate) due to having the Omnipod on my right upper arm, 138/83 which is a vast improvement from what it has been. However I'm now on 7.5mg Bisoprolol, 50mg Losartan and 2.5mg Felodipine. I've been really struggling for the past 3 years. Oddly I often have better results in the surgery.

@Michael12421 I hope you can sort this basal adjustment out, otherwise is there any other basal you could use such as Levemir which is so much easier to adjust.

@gll good luck this afternoon.

Morning all... funny thin cloud cover with blue showing through, but still humid and sticky.

8.4 first thing, dropped to 6.7 now. No doubt the 8.4 is due to the hypo treatments at 1 am for a 3.4. 1 Dextrose and 1 ginger cookie seems to raise me into the 8s where it stays with a flat line all night, before dropping after I wake up. I must buy some jelly babies, will any brand do? Or is there a preferred brand?

BP was done this morning with the wrist cuff (which is pretty accurate) due to having the Omnipod on my right upper arm, 138/83 which is a vast improvement from what it has been. However I'm now on 7.5mg Bisoprolol, 50mg Losartan and 2.5mg Felodipine. I've been really struggling for the past 3 years. Oddly I often have better results in the surgery.

@Michael12421 I hope you can sort this basal adjustment out, otherwise is there any other basal you could use such as Levemir which is so much easier to adjust.

@gll good luck this afternoon.
I often wonder what cocktail of BP meds they decide on, my other half has 2.5mg bisoprolol, 100mg Losartan and 5mg felodopine. He does get a terrible tickly cough tough. Losartan I think is the culprit.

7.8 this morning, but with the weather and not being able to resist a magnum yesterday evening.

Had an interesting morning yesterday at the optician’s went for my routine yesterday test (not diabetes one), right eye had deteriorated very badly, I have a cataract which is not advanced enough to need surgery yet and had a scan which showed I have Posterior Vitreous detachment, which doesn’t get treated, anyway new prescription should help with the blurriness that I get When looking at screens.

Missing both @Lanny and @SueEK hope you are both doing ok.

7.8 this morning, but with the weather and not being able to resist a magnum yesterday evening.

Had an interesting morning yesterday at the optician’s went for my routine yesterday test (not diabetes one), right eye had deteriorated very badly, I have a cataract which is not advanced enough to need surgery yet and had a scan which showed I have Posterior Vitreous detachment, which doesn’t get treated, anyway new prescription should help with the blurriness that I get When looking at screens.

Missing both @Lanny and @SueEK hope you are both doing ok.
That’s exactly what I’ve got Lorraine, but in both eyes. No treatment, but I find the floaters, particularly the large upside 7 in my right eye very annoying at times. Great getting old is it? :rofl:

@Pattidevans Lidl JBs work just fine for me and cheap enough at 59p a bag if I remember rightly.

That’s exactly what I’ve got Lorraine, but in both eyes. No treatment, but I find the floaters, particularly the large upside 7 in my right eye very annoying at times. Great getting old is it? :rofl: Group 7-day waking average?
I thought that is what you had as well as I knew I had seen it on this thread, yeah getting old is wonderful. When they say things are age related I think well that is not me, I am not old, then I remember I am getting there.

bolus insulin added and basal changed, paperwork being done and i can hopefully pick it up at GPs at the next appointment in just over an hour 🙂 happy crying not hiding under the duvet crying

@Gwynn I think I did quite a bit of research into the BP monitor.
Previously I had a self inflating one which was a pain to use to beautiful to look at. That had to go on to the upper arm.
This is much easier being wrist and it’s got quite clear indications that it’s in position or off slightly.
I’m checking mornings and evenings now just to get data for the doc.

@ColinUK which model of bp monitor do you use?

So other drs appointment. he listened to my heart and lungs (no issues detected) but wants to send me for a chest xray and heart scan to be sure.
said it could possibly well be lymphoedema (my aunt has it and shes the closest thing to mums family history as I have now).

@ColinUK which model of bp monitor do you use?
Omron RS7 Intelli IT

I’ve hunted through receipts and can confirm that I bought it on eBay for £44 in March 2021.

3F9D8961-82F1-4924-BE1E-5D0B0C68365A.jpeg

8253F869-9A11-40C4-B0CB-7731707C60AA.png

Thank you insulatard! Taken nearly two weeks and regular increases in units but we’ve gone into the 5s and a house special to boot!

Morning everyone. 12.5 on waking. Fingerpick confirmed about the same.
night 1.png
Smooth lines and my libre aren't something I ever usually use in the same sentence.
Dinner last night was a little hit n miss but as I have been warned fiasp doesn't like higher numbers but I was done with dinner in about 4 hours (another rarity) and was on half the bolus units I'm to have normally during the switchover 🙂
I can only assume the blip around midnight was dinner insulin being done with and waiting for new basal to kick which has been shifted from my old timings?

Todays plans - need to do a bunch of housework, we have new doors being fitted tomorrow so needs to be strangers in the house level of clean :rofl:

Have a fab day everyone x

Well done @merrymunky on the HS :D

Back