Group 7-day waking average?

@Griffin. Take it easy and don’t bite off more than you can chew!

(I’m sorry but I couldn’t resist!)

@ColinUK thanks for that. I had just given up on going for my morning walk as it has just started to rain. Felt a bit unhappy about that. But your comment really helped lift my spirits again. I will go out later on when it stops raining.

Without Excel and its really good, but quirky, macro language, I couldn't track, plan, control things either.

Many years ago I went on a strict diet and wrote everything down in little note books. It was really hard work, especially if I wanted to change items in a meal. Not just the writing but the constant calculations and recalculations. Back then I only tracked calories. Now I track tons of stuff.....easily.

The App even writes the report for me (along with all the graphs) when/if needed. Approximately 100 pages of automatically compiled report and it only takes about 45 seconds for it to do it.

Looking on the internet it seems that saturated fats are (also) responsible for raising cholesterol levels and some people are super responders to it. Everyone is different in their response.

It is a bit late on for me to address this aspect before my next blood tests. I may delay them for a month.

Of course if there has been no change or even an increase in my cholesterol levels then I will have to have another think.

Present strategy is

1. Reduce saturated fats significantly (new)
2. Take Daily plant sterol supplements
3. Reduce the amount of butter significantly and use olive spread instead
4. Take Daily psyllium supplements
5. Take Daily allicium supplements
6. Take Daily Coenzyme Q10 supplements
7. Significantly increased daily exercise

Daily exercise is an Interesting one. Around diagnosis time my average daily exercise was 5 minutes !! Now it is 94.5 minutes.

It is unfortunate that I don't have the initial data (in hospital) or the before data (didn't realise there was a problem). I think the comparison would have made fascinating, yet alarming, reading

5.6 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning all on this grey day.

7.6 this morning. No idea why.

Spent the last 2 days running round trying to get correct prescription items dispensed ahead of being on holiday (After chatting to her about my annual GP review I had asked the DN for a prescription via email and specified exact items and quantities needed) For some reason she removed my current Libre strips from my repeat meds and issued a script for the previous Accu Chek strips which I now have no meter for as it was the handset from my previous pump and I had to give it back to the hospital. I refused to take them at the chemist, but then had to get in touch with the surgery as I had no way of ordering the Libre strips since they'd been removed from my repeat meds. Fortunately I got a very helpful receptionist on the phone. I only got half the quantity of thyroid meds needed, so had to re-order those, but they are not in stock at the chemist, so another visit is needed either today or tomorrow. Then had to present myself at the surgery anyway for more blood tests for kidney function + feet tickling which should have been done before my review. It all takes a ridiculous amount of time. How people who work manage I do not know. Gosh I used to get my suitcase out and just throw clothes in!

I am awestruck at all the analysis people do... good for you @Gwynn.

@Lucyr just go and enjoy that curry and don't worry too much. Whatever it does to you can be corrected.

@Griffin. Hope the dentist visit is successful and apart from that just {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

5.6 after eating really rather late last night (although eating was a little salad and a shake).
Yesterday work asked me to train someone and part way through they burst into tears saying “I can’t do this, not today” which was a little unexpected to say the least! It went down to my training style I hasten to add!

Had a decent call with the ISVA team at SurvivorsUK after work and then decided to take myself off to see Top Gun Maverick hence the screwy eating times.

If you’re even thinking of going to see this because it might be fun then let me say go! Go see it at the biggest and best local cinema you have! It’ll be good on telly but it’s made for the big screen.

And whilst you’re watching it then remember that they didn’t CGI the aircraft manoeuvres or dogfights.
I watched the video of James Corden & Tom Cruise in the dessert yesterday - very funny and blimey, Tom Cruise can definitely fly a plane! Sounds like a great evening. Hope your new colleague is ok today? I eat much too late every night - not helped by the summer evenings when I think it's about 7pm and actually it's nearly 9 ...

Guess it also depends a bit on what the sauce is for the curry.

I’ve had a look at Carbs&Cals and gone through some of the items on there.
Some I’ve included as bigger portions as well as smaller just for comparison.
Hope it helps!
I need to get that app - it's brilliant!

Morning folks!
Woke up initially on 12.4..... after a hypo before bed when I walked up to the yard late to see the horses with active insulin on board, which dropped me like a stone. Tried just 1 JB as I knew I had carbs on board but needed a second one to bring me up..... then my levels headed upwards and I took a correction at bedtime for an 8.8 and rising and increased my Levemir by 1 unit but still continued upwards. I guess my liver decided to be a bit too helpful. 🙄 Anyway, I jabbed my morning Levemir and 7 units of Fiasp (breakfast bolus plus correction) and went back to sleep for an hour and woke up on a better 7.7 which meant that I only needed another 30 mins prebolus time after I got up. Now sitting at a steady 6.5 so looks like I am back in the driving seat!

@Griffin. Good to read a post from you after a few days of silence. I know you probably feel like you don't have much to post about or can't be bothered which is entirely understandable but we do miss you when you aren't here. Sending (((hugs))) from me too. Hope all goes well at the dentist.

Morning all. 11.6 many hours ago.
Was up before 5am, doing great until eyes were all swimming and blurry. Went to lay down and listen to something on you tube and did the inevitable and fell asleep again.
Bit annoyed with myself as I was supposed to be out on the bus in 10 mins from now and its too late. The flip side is I don't have to let daughter deal with the tesco delivery herself (forgot the timeslot when I had made other plans).

Hope you all are having a good day x

i'm going to say 5.9 as it what i was when woke at 6 this morning so looks like i made the right call to cut back another half unit of liverier yesterday evening. (just other week I was saying my insulin needs seem t be raising but i seem be reverting back) wondering if it all change tomorrow evening when I'm back to my usual place of residence. i id have that planed consistent in a coffee shop this morning as(a lovely pan a reason) this coffee shop(coffie#1) usfully has the carb information on their website.

Last edited:
Afternoon

7.7 this morning finished up the cake up yesterday so maybe why. Text was all off would have made a perfect Brownie, but was not right for a sponge cake.

Morning all. 6.4 here.

@Lucyr - I bolus for the main when it arrives (after eating a poppadom), then bolus for any carb I missed later on. I usually need a correction dose overnight too after a curry. Have a lovely time. 🙂

I’m thoroughly fed-up with this wind! I’m talking about the weather, of course. My plants look like they’re at a nineties rave - “wave your hands in the air like you just don’t care”.o_O

Good afternoon! 6'3 after a long lie in. Had a voicemail from my GP surgery to discuss my mental health, after last week's assessment, so I gave them a call. They said someone would call me between 2 and 6 pm. Went to the toilet 10 minutes before 2 pm, and came back to a missed call. Aaarhg! Now I'm stuck to my phone like my life depends on it and wondering if I should call back or wait. I don't like phone calls and all this back and forth is quite frustrating :/

@Elenka_HM My GP does exactly the same thing. They always call ten minutes before the time they're supposed to call.
I'd say call them back.

Well, called again (and hang out by accident and had to call a second time) and they said the GP will call me before 6pm but if I miss this one, I'll have to wait till tomorrow. No pressure. So won't take my eyes off the phone now 🙄 is a shame because the day is getting nicer now and would like a walk. Probably need one after this. I think what adds to the stress of a regular phone call, is every time I try I have to listen to the automated response and the list of options.

Hope I can get that call today because I don't feel like going through the process again tomorrow, with work and everything. Honestly, if they ask now how I am feeling, the answer would be *annoyed!" :D

TW: self harm thoughs.

Here I am again! In case someone is curious after all my phone rant, they called me. It was quite a short conversation after all. The therapist who did my assessment was concerned I might have suicidal thoughts and asked the GP to check, so they called to confirm I'm alive and willing to stay that way. Which I am, but I did mention self harm ideas which I understand is the reason why they are concerned. Asked if I would be happy to wait for my next appointment with the therapist, which I agreed to, and told me this service is usually very good and people feel better and better, and gave me a phone for mental health emergencies in case I need it. So I am emotional but reassured 🙂

Now, finally, let's go for this walk!! 🙂

Back