Group 7-day waking average?

I just got a text from my surgery, starting with "Dear Elena, we strongly advise you to quit smoking", then offering different resources to help. Sounds a bit aggressive considering I don't smoke to begin with
After my last Diabetes review at my surgery, where nurse had ticked the box 'I have never smoked' as usual, I noticed it said on my notes 'Offered smoking cessation advice'. They’re obsessed with box ticking, but then it doesn’t produce the right answers!

Oh and many congratulations to @rayray119 on your House Special this morning. Seems a shame to consider a Levemir reduction just when you are getting nice waking readings but you have to do what you feel comfortable with.
yeah it just does seem to go down a bit despite a stack. I haven't mind up my mid yet. I'm enjoying the single figures now. but i might just motiter what happens over the next day or two. shame I can only do things in half units and sometimes I find that adjusting by half units is a bit too much for me, hey ho just have to go with the flow and either comprise by carbs or fast acting. but i'm enjoying the single morning readings when i spoke after struggling for a while a few weeks back.

Yesterday I forgot my meter at home and I felt a bit weird after work so ate a small cereal bar before walking home and tested as soon as I got there, I was at 4'5 so seems the carbs were not a bad idea.
Just a thought come to mind. you work in a set place right. is there somewhere you can keep a spare metter and test strips there, incase you forget. so you can still keep an eye on levels? just an idea 🙂

Just a thought come to mind. you work in a set place right. is there somewhere you can keep a spare metter and test strips there, incase you forget. so you can still keep an eye on levels? just an idea 🙂
It's a very good idea, Ray 🙂 I will consider it, though I'm a bit worried because I like to keep my spare meter at home in case I forget the other somewhere else :D also think I would like to get an extra Fastclik pricker because I don't like the one that comes with my spare meter (which is actually the same model as my main one, good for the strips, I got the Fastclik as an extra from a lovely nurse).

@Elenka_HM
the other thing is to put the 2nd meter in your bag with a spare finger torture device and just split a pot of strips into an empty one.
Always leave main one at home.
I have a fastclix too. Can pick up a spare on amazon for about £15 🙂

I went back to sleep this morning again. Don't know why I'm so tired all the time of late. bg is improving and was hoping I would loose this sleepiness. Can be sat there wide awake one min and the next my eyes are swimming and I'm crashing hard. bg is usually as expected (stable) and feel totally fine after a sleep. Random times of the day and not linked to activity.
Its on the ever growing list of stuff I need to discuss with the gp when my levels are lower and more stable so can't blame diabetes for everything.
I feel like I need an MOT. :rofl:

@Elenka_HM Could you treat meters like some of treat reading glasses and pick up a couple of cheap ones and keep one at home and one at work?

It's a very good idea, Ray 🙂 I will consider it, though I'm a bit worried because I like to keep my spare meter at home in case I forget the other somewhere else :D also think I would like to get an extra Fastclik pricker because I don't like the one that comes with my spare meter (which is actually the same model as my main one, good for the strips, I got the Fastclik as an extra from a lovely nurse).
@Elenka_HM
the other thing is to put the 2nd meter in your bag with a spare finger torture device and just split a pot of strips into an empty one.
Always leave main one at home.
I have a fastclix too. Can pick up a spare on amazon for about £15 🙂

I went back to sleep this morning again. Don't know why I'm so tired all the time of late. bg is improving and was hoping I would loose this sleepiness. Can be sat there wide awake one min and the next my eyes are swimming and I'm crashing hard. bg is usually as expected (stable) and feel totally fine after a sleep. Random times of the day and not linked to activity.
Its on the ever growing list of stuff I need to discuss with the gp when my levels are lower and more stable so can't blame diabetes for everything.
I feel like I need an MOT. :rofl:
Larger Boots also sell and they sometimes have offers on them, and the cassettes.

My new case is looking extra organised now, for whoever it was that likes the idea Could do with a new apidra pen though as mine gets a bit stiff pressing the plunger when you get towards 1u of the dose

Attachments

• 191EF23A-7F87-4680-A19E-4AE56ED27F2B.jpeg
    191EF23A-7F87-4680-A19E-4AE56ED27F2B.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
My new case is looking extra organised now, for whoever it was that likes the idea Could do with a new apidra pen though as mine gets a bit stiff pressing the plunger when you get towards 1u of the dose
That’s was me ! I have one too now 🙂

Attachments

• 26B6A3FA-68F6-489D-BDF4-FF217553D225.jpeg
    26B6A3FA-68F6-489D-BDF4-FF217553D225.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 12
Morning. 5.4 for the second day in a row.

And thankfully I’ve just eased back below 100kg with a 99.6kg reading.

Today’s mainly going to be spent sorting out some really awful work someone else supposedly finished yesterday and stressing about police updates or lack thereof.

I’ve also got a call with an ISVA team later as I’ve decided to at least explore the notion of having one with me if I do get to testify in court.

Meanwhile, as it’s dry and sunny out right now, I’m going to get dressed and go on a walk for a few hours so I’ll see you all later!

Good morning - 5.2

As my Libre 2 stopped working on Saturday I put in a prescription then (didn’t expect it till at least Tuesday) . I went in the chemists on Monday as I was in town anyway and it wasn’t in but they checked the system and it hadn’t been processed. I went in there yesterday and it still hadn’t been processed so the chemist suggested I speak to my GP. I did that and they asked me why I was using so many test strips.. well if I don’t have a sensor on then I will use more test strips. I get GPs don’t know much about diabetes but isn’t that just common sense?

7.2 was 3.7 and around 4.40 this morning. Not sure if I actually fell. Going out for backfast today so we'll see if I rise or fall on the way up moaning livermirs not in yet.

Morning all. Woken by the alatm at 4.9, going up to 6.2 when i got up and 5.4 by breakfast. D is behaving itself atm, managed another day 100% yesterday! Off to work in a few minutes, only three days left before half term but still serms so long away. Theres just too much to do.

Have a good day everyone.

Larger Boots also sell and they sometimes have offers on them, and the cassettes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen the cassettes at least in my local Boots.

Good morning everyone and I had a 5'7.

Yesterday one of the duty manager told me that he has found me in Tinder. Thank god all my pictures are decent lol!

Morning, 7.1. Have switched my lantus to mornings instead of evenings now to reduce overnight bg drops and keep the lantus peak during the day. Glad it didn’t lead to too big a spike in the morning though

Good morning everyone. The peace here is wonderful. So much so that I slept way beyond my normal waking time...7am !!!!

It looks cold, damp, dark clouds, very windy out there this morning. Hmmmm

BG 4.9 that'll do me

Nothing planned for today, just wallowing in the peace and quiet.

Have a great day whatever you are doing (or in my case, not doing)

Back