Group 7-day waking average?

5.9, and woken up starving. Having a minimal spend on shopping couple of weeks to use up what’s in the house (mainly freezer) so will have to see what strange combinations of food there is for todays breakfast and packed lunch.

Good morning everyone! 5'4 today.

For the past few days I've been stuck in a routine of working in the morning, nap, eat, working in the evening and sleep again (don't get enough hours in the night, that's why I need the naps). Also getting headaches and going near hypo in the evening. Basal seems fine for the rest of the day and I have carbs before my shift so, guess is just the movement and the accumulated effect from previous days.

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow. Not that I have crazy plans: laundry and first assessment for the talking therapy. I'm getting a bit nervous that I don't know where to start, even thinking I have no reason to go. Then I remember some stuff that has crossed my mind and think, yeah, it's worth a try.

@Lanny I watched the first 2 series of Derry girls and loved it, looking forward to the third! 🙂

Another!!!
1652944448375.png
:D

Dez

8.4 for me I think I made the right decision about cutting half a unit back on my livermir though as departure having a biscut at around 11last night on 6.8 I was still there at 10 to 4 this morning.

Morning all.

5.7 this morning, so fingers crossed my overnight basal adjustments are working. Now need to tackle 9 am - 12 noon, just need a slight increase in basals during that time.

@gll from what you describe of your numbers (which are coming down slowly, but still too high) it would seem that you most definitely need a rapid acting insulin for your meals. I'm sorry, my memory is shocking these days, but did you get the CPeptide and GAD antibody test results? I really think you need to contact the nurse and ask for a bolus insulin.

@Michael12421
I suppose that technically I was but no ill effects at all.
Which says to me that you are losing hypo awareness. It might be a good idea to run a bit higher for a while in order to regain awareness, cos it's worrying how often you are low on waking. I hope you do not live alone... HUGS.

@MeeTooTeeTwo and @NotWorriedAtAll congrats on your HSs. Dez... what @eggyg said!

@eggyg has the courier given you a chance to designate a safe place for your parcel?

@Michael12421

Which says to me that you are losing hypo awareness. It might be a good idea to run a bit higher for a while in order to regain awareness, cos it's worrying how often you are low on waking. I hope you do not live alone... HUGS.
I do live alone, apart that is from my dog, but she has not mastered the art of dialling 112!

It has been a while for me too but delighted to see that I am making up a trio of HSs with such great company..... See evidence below....
IMG_20220519_083234721_BURST000_COVER[977].jpg
So pleased I knocked a unit off my Levemir last night.... down to 4.... despite my lovely mid range straight line the night before on 5 units. There is definitely more gut instinct and intuition with my basal doses than science but I am getting it right more often than wrong, so I'm happy with that.

Anyway, congrats to my fellow achievers this morning @MeeTooTeeTwo and especially @NotWorriedAtAll on your first HS. :D 😎

Rode all 3 of my rideable horses yesterday. (the old lady is past carrying weight on her back). Not sure I have ever achieved that in a day. MeMe was very anxious going out on her own but safe and such a smooth ride, Rascal was, as usual, explosive... at 24yrs old he is still a juvenile delinquent and will be until the day he dies.... or he kills me 😱 .... and Rebel was just perfect, because he is a star!

I see I have another swarm in the plum tree but looks to be in a better position so hopefully will get this one. Just a tiny cast swarm but at this time of year they should do fine.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

I have just spent 41 minutes of my life on the end of a phone, listening to horrible 'music' in various NHS queues trying to find out what has happened to my hearing referral. It has been 7 weeks since the referral was made.

I did eventually get passed across to the right department who basically said it should only take about 3 more weeks until I hear something from them.

I did find the whole thing a bit frustrating, however the people on the end of the phones in each department were very kind, understanding and helpful.

And why did my surgerys queuing system keep pushing me up and down the queue rather than just down. Very odd.

Rant over. Zero progress, sort of. At least I learned that the appointment will be at a more local site than Blackpool!!! Walkable too.

@Gwynn I’m guessing a walk to Blackpool might be further than your normal morning stroll!

@ColinUK yup and a bit more dangerous with some seriously scary major roads along the way with no footpath on some of them.

Not sure I could make it that far and arrive in a reasonable condition either. But it is an intriguing thought. I might give it a go if I can find a safe way to get there, just as an experiment though.

Morning (well just about)

Another 6.9 today, managed a run yesterday and going to yoga tonight, so making progress on the anxiety front.

@NotWorriedAtAll @MeeTooTeeTwo and @rebrascora - congratulations to you all on your HS.

@Michael12421 - worried about you with such low numbers, hope they have come up now.

@ColinUK - I also have a place at the Royal Parks Half Marathon. So three in row for us. Also my Exante box is due any day now, so I'll look to you for support.

@ColinUK - I also have a place at the Royal Parks Half Marathon. So three in row for us. Also my Exante box is due any day now, so I'll look to you for support.
Yay!

With the Exante shakes I always rinse the packs when I take them out of the boxes as they've inevitably got shake dust all over them. If any have split then take photos and tell customer services right away and they'll offer to replace the busted ones.

Back