Group 7-day waking average?

@eggyg I got some Chris Brasher Gortex walking boots about 20 years ago and they are still going strong and I love them. Good luck with getting something comfortable and maybe carry some Compede plasters with you just in case.
I miss going up and down dales @rebrascora last long walk I took was in 2019 did the coast to coast for the macmillan cancer Trust I got my boots made to fit my feet by a little old man back in south Africa and their still going strong never a blister or a rub of any kind from them I would also say theres some amazing walking Shoes around now so you don't have to wear big old clunky boots if you don't want to @eggyg

9.4 bg, day 9 of Covid I think and still wiped out so not much else to report. May try leaving the house today but not to go far as I’m still symptomatic / testing positive.

I miss going up and down dales @rebrascora last long walk I took was in 2019 did the coast to coast for the macmillan cancer Trust I got my boots made to fit my feet by a little old man back in south Africa and their still going strong never a blister or a rub of any kind from them I would also say theres some amazing walking Shoes around now so you don't have to wear big old clunky boots if you don't want to @eggyg
I love my walking shoes but as I’m getting older I need ankle support, especially for the fells. I don’t like boots but it’s needs must I’m afraid.
:( I hate getting older, but hey, it’s better than the alternative. 😉

I just told her she's adopted!!

Attachments

• 20190809_140000.jpg
    20190809_140000.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
Morning all. I'm gonna have to buy some strips so I can post in this thread legally! 🙂

@rebrascora I am LOL at the rice pudding. I would never eat that, I'd feel it a waste of time with it being low fat. :D I likes full fat Ambrosia with pineapple jam dobbed in.

I'm watching the Peaky Blinders documentary, no idea why as I never watched the series. I do like Beaky Blinders on TikTok. :rofl: Have a good day all, this weather though!!!

@rebrascora I am LOL at the rice pudding. I would never eat that, I'd feel it a waste of time with it being low fat. :D I likes full fat Ambrosia with pineapple jam dobbed in
Do I not get extra points for adding butter, sugar and cocoa, Jan?
Low fat would not be my choice either but I bought it years ago (hence it being well out of date) when I was trying to be "healthy". I did my best to corrupt it with naughty things! Forgot to mention I also chopped up a square of dark choc and added that to it. Only thing I could have done to improve on it was to add a shot of rum and some raisins. Sadly there isn't going to be a next time to make that amendment. 🙄
Really don't like my levels going up to mid teens though or having to inject masses of insulin to bring it down.

I'm gonna have to buy some strips so I can post in this thread legally!
Jan, we love to hear from you even if it is "illegally", so don't use that as an excuse to abandon us. :D

I had an itchy rash on my leg after my knee surgery which I think was an allergic reaction to the Compore E dressing and the GP prescribed a hydrocortisone/ fusidic acid cream and also some hydromol cream and antihistamines and it worked well and took about 2 weeks to clear up completely. E45 didn't do much I'm afraid.
I have a friend with severe allergies. She once told me that E45 cream contains some form of detergent.

@janw could you be allergic to the washing powder you are using?

Morning all and 6.2 for me.

Inadvertently split my basal dose yesterday evening as I picked the wrong pen up which only had enough for half rations in it. Took the rest when I got home from the rehearsal studio. Result the flattest of flatfishes overnight.

Have a good day everyone.

Funnily enough we were actually in Hawkshead the village in December for a week’s holiday and bought fleeces in the shop. Fab shop but Hawkshead, the village, is a good hour and a half away as it’s south Cumbria and I’m north Cumbria. As for Hawkeshead, the shop, we used to have one in the city I live in but it went, like Cotswold which took over the shop space, years ago. I’m hoping Go Outdoors , which I’ve never been to will have what I want, I prefer Salomon as a brand as my current walking shoes and the ones before are/ were Salomon are great. My last boots were Berghaus and I’ve never got on with them, rub my ankles, nip my bunions, I might be a lost cause when it comes to walking boots though, never really found a comfy pair.
Hi Elaine - just nudging in here. I have had problems with my feet (Mortons Neuroma) from climbing Kilimanjaro - my friend says I donated my feet to charity! Anyway I was advised to get boots with nice wide toes and when I was in Keswick a few years ago I bought a pair of Altberg G-fit - they are BRILLIANT! Comfy from the word go and don't pinch my toes at all.

Morning all... raining one minute, sunny the next! Just hope the rain holds off over lunchtime and afternoon as I am venturing into town to meet a friend for lunch and do some shopping after.

5.8 this morning which I am well happy with as I really enjoyed https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/spinach-and-orzo-pilaf-with-paprika-prawns/ that I cooked for dinner. Never had Orzo before but it is delicious!

Not so happy with my BP this morning, 180/102. It's far too high and hoping not too dangerous as my appointment with my GP isn't until 13th.

@eggyg good luck in your search for walking boots. Mine are very heavy leather boots. I've had them since just after diagnosis because I thought the old ones were pinching... turns out it was neuropathy pain, They do so much nicer lighter ones these days.

Oops, no time for more as I have to jump in that shower and get on or I will be late... HUGS to all those struggling.

Morning all 18.1

As per usual, I started my post and got side-tracked 🙄
Nothing much to report here. Surveyor tomorrow for bathroom refit planning. I guess its going to be a housework day today 😉

@GRIFFINLONEWALKER huge cheers for you for seeing single digits. Forgot what they look like :rofl:

I have a friend with severe allergies. She once told me that E45 cream contains some form of detergent.

@janw could you be allergic to the washing powder you are using?
Still using Persil which my mum began using when I was younger (may still use), though I've long since changed to the liquid version. Haven't changed anything like that, I'm quite a stickler for the "tried and tested and used most of my life" products - I know I can be sensitive to change so prefer not to.
I've used E45 products over the years and not had a problem with them, it seems to be helping a bit, along with the baby lotion - thought that would be gentler than moisturiser plus already had it to hand. I managed sleep earlier last night, albeit about 2 hours at a time, better than it has been anyway. Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.

6.4 this morning but was sipping camomile and honey tea throughout the night with a wee bit of added sugar, plus my stress levels were up a bit, so will just have to take it as it stood.

back from the torture session ouch is all i can say about that little escapade i feel like i've been used as chew toy by a whole team of rugby players.
i'm not sure if i've said thank you to lovely lot im super grateful for the encouragement and the cheers when things are going in the right direction this thread has made me realise that no man is a island and we can all do with asking for a little help and guidance from time to time . i've spent a few years in the wilderness i coming back slowly getting the help i need letting people back in and accepting that i can't do this on my own, i picked up my camera today and i actually took some photos something i've not done since my wife passed away three years ago.
sounds silly but tis a big thing for me im finding me again and its pretty special anyways ill stop with the hyperbole and i`ll go climb back in my box lol
you guys are awesome
that is all ........
oh if it's ok with you guys i'll keep on posting the pics of the hellhound i have files of photos that have never seen the light of day lol
keep smiling you awesome folks you !!

Still using Persil which my mum began using when I was younger (may still use), though I've long since changed to the liquid version. Haven't changed anything like that, I'm quite a stickler for the "tried and tested and used most of my life" products - I know I can be sensitive to change so prefer not to.
I've used E45 products over the years and not had a problem with them, it seems to be helping a bit, along with the baby lotion - thought that would be gentler than moisturiser plus already had it to hand. I managed sleep earlier last night, albeit about 2 hours at a time, better than it has been anyway. Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.
My ex husband turned out to have a food allergy to raspberries which brought him out in a really itchy rash on his back and thighs. He had no idea but rasps are one of my favourite fruits so we were having them more often than he would normally eat them. It took ages to figure out the cause and I always thought it was weird that the rash didn't affect his mouth or face but just his back and legs.... human bodies are odd in how they respond to things sometimes. Pleased it was him and not me considering I eat rasps pretty much daily now with my diabetes.

back from the torture session ouch is all i can say about that little escapade i feel like i've been used as chew toy by a whole team of rugby players.
i'm not sure if i've said thank you to lovely lot im super grateful for the encouragement and the cheers when things are going in the right direction this thread has made me realise that no man is a island and we can all do with asking for a little help and guidance from time to time . i've spent a few years in the wilderness i coming back slowly getting the help i need letting people back in and accepting that i can't do this on my own, i picked up my camera today and i actually took some photos something i've not done since my wife passed away three years ago.
sounds silly but tis a big thing for me im finding me again and its pretty special anyways ill stop with the hyperbole and i`ll go climb back in my box lol
you guys are awesome
that is all ........
oh if it's ok with you guys i'll keep on posting the pics of the hellhound i have files of photos that have never seen the light of day lol
keep smiling you awesome folks you !!
The great thing is that you are one of "us" "awesome people" now too, helping to put a smile on others faces with your quirky posts and fab dog photos and making a difference to how we feel too. Yes, keep posting. We love them!

Afternoon

8 exactly for me today, thing going forward my lunch break will be the only opportunity I get to come on here, due to volume of work.

hope you are all having a good day.

My ex husband turned out to have a food allergy to raspberries which brought him out in a really itchy rash on his back and thighs. He had no idea but rasps are one of my favourite fruits so we were having them more often than he would normally eat them. It took ages to figure out the cause and I always thought it was weird that the rash didn't affect his mouth or face but just his back and legs.... human bodies are odd in how they respond to things sometimes. Pleased it was him and not me considering I eat rasps pretty much daily now with my diabetes.
Funnily enough my hubby suggested strawberries to me, so I'm giving them - and all other fruit - a miss now. I never ate much by way of fruit before and added it to my diet to be healthier - so it could be that - I know full well that I can suddenly get a reaction to something after years of happily eating it.....life can be very unfair at times! lol

13:11 BS 8.2 Still, a bit disappointing but, pills, 86 Tresiba & 54 NR in for Breakfast mark 2! Which is going to be gobbled once I’ve posted: trying a bit of pre bolusing! 🙄

A Very Good Afternoon to you all! 😉

About to enjoy a day of Masters golf! 😛😎:D😉

Back