Group 7-day waking average?

I have tested before I get out of bed and I’ve tested after pottering for about 20mins etc and after pottering it’s always lower sometimes even a whole point lower.
That's interesting and slightly unusual..... assuming those tests were done on the same day and perhaps similar results repeated on other days. With diabetes we always recommend not to draw any conclusions from any one set of results.... always look for recurring trends before drawing any conclusion because there are so many other factors which can affect BG levels. Things like stress, ambient temp., how well or poorly and how long you slept, illness or infection. Food, exercise and medication are the 3 main players but there are about 42 factors in total which can throw a spanner in the works and cause rogue results.
Diabetes can take quite a heavy mental toll on you if you are too hard on yourself. As a perfectionist myself I have had to accept that "absolute control" is beyond anyone's grasp and you have to be satisfied with good management but accept that it won't be perfect. It takes some getting your head around but being able to shrug and let it go when you get duff readings and say to yourself, I don't know why that happened but I did my best and that is all I can do..... or of course.... I might have done this or that better and I will try that next time and there will be plenty of "next times" to experiment and see if you can improve on it. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the experimenting and not worry too much about the results. 🙄

Good day all. Perished isn't in it. Over 10 this morning but own fault for eating bag of Easter eggs and one Bourneville Egg that family got me. I finished the latter off with my Slimfast. Like you do. Onward and upwards. 🙄

Good day all. Perished isn't in it. Over 10 this morning but own fault for eating bag of Easter eggs and one Bourneville Egg that family got me. I finished the latter off with my Slimfast. Like you do. Onward and upwards. 🙄

I don’t post much on here these days Ditto but I do miss your self deprecating humour. That gave me a laugh! :D

That's interesting and slightly unusual..... assuming those tests were done on the same day and perhaps similar results repeated on other days. With diabetes we always recommend not to draw any conclusions from any one set of results.... always look for recurring trends before drawing any conclusion because there are so many other factors which can affect BG levels. Things like stress, ambient temp., how well or poorly and how long you slept, illness or infection. Food, exercise and medication are the 3 main players but there are about 42 factors in total which can throw a spanner in the works and cause rogue results.
Diabetes can take quite a heavy mental toll on you if you are too hard on yourself. As a perfectionist myself I have had to accept that "absolute control" is beyond anyone's grasp and you have to be satisfied with good management but accept that it won't be perfect. It takes some getting your head around but being able to shrug and let it go when you get duff readings and say to yourself, I don't know why that happened but I did my best and that is all I can do..... or of course.... I might have done this or that better and I will try that next time and there will be plenty of "next times" to experiment and see if you can improve on it. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the experimenting and not worry too much about the results. 🙄
That’s 100% how I feel! I am that perfectionist too.
I will try to do just accept that I am doing my best and carry one 🙂

Yeah the same time roughly each day 🙂 I am tempted to get up at like 4am to see what it’s like then

@Ditto Did you blitz the egg in the Slimfast shake or just dip it in?

Yeah the same time roughly each day 🙂 I am tempted to get up at like 4am to see what it’s like then
Alternatively you could perhaps try the 14 day free trial of Freestyle Libre which is the sensor that many of us Type 1s use. The criteria for the trial will be on the Abbott Laboratories website but you just have to be diabetic (any type), not used Libre before and have a suitable mobile phone to scan it, to qualify for the free trial I believe. It is applied to your upper arm and takes readings every few minutes which it stores for 8 hours, so as long as you scan every 8 hours or more frequently of course, it will download all the data to your phone so you can see exactly what is happening day and night every few minutes..... Beware though as it is highly addictive and expensive to self fund (£50 a shot) when the trial ends. It can give you some really useful data though and some people just use it intermittently every few months to do a bit of intensive testing. Of course you may not wish to self fund at all after the trial and there is no commitment to do so. Most people love it though even if it does have it's limitations.

Beware though as it is highly addictive and expensive to self fund (£50 a shot) when the trial ends.
I can see myself asking my parents for Libre sensors for my birthday if I don't get them on the NHS :rofl:

Last week the nurse said I probably don't qualify yet, but they would push for them if I feel I need them. I think I can live without for now, though they would be convenient at work. I got upset yesterday when I was feeling weird, went to test in a discreet corner and my manager asked why I didn't wait for my break, and said I should tell them and go to the staff room instead. I'd rather do it my way because a) if I am hypo, I'm not delaying the treatment and b) if I'm alright, I'm not wasting more time. Plus, if I have to tell them every time I want to test, I feel they will question me if I do it more often, and that may impact my decisions around testing, even if it shouldn't.

Oohhh! Bantering with customers: I miss that at times; then, again, I don’t miss hearing the sane things time & again! :rofl:🙄😉

My family had a restaurant from 1975 to 2010! 🙂
Oooh! My grandparents had different bar/restaurants along their life, and my dad and aunts used to work there when they were younger. I was too little when they closed the last one, after my grandad passed away. When I was a teen I wished it was still open so I could have my first job there lol. I have ended in hospitality years later, life sure works in mysterious ways! Some of my relatives judge me for that, but I think my former bar owner grandma is proud 🙂

Oooh! My grandparents had different bar/restaurants along their life, and my dad and aunts used to work there when they were younger. I was too little when they closed the last one, after my grandad passed away. When I was a teen I wished it was still open so I could have my first job there lol. I have ended in hospitality years later, life sure works in mysterious ways! Some of my relatives judge me for that, but I think my former bar owner grandma is proud 🙂
Your relatives judge you? Try being Jewish, gay and fabulous!

8.3 today spent most of the day in a and e today.

Your relatives judge you? Try being Jewish, gay and fabulous!
It's Catholic family and bisexual here! But clearly not as fabulous as you Colin ! 😉

hi I’ve even following this thread for a while I was diagnosed T2 in Jan so still newish but find it really helps to see everyone’s journey with the numbers! I take 2 Slow release Metformin in an evening with my meal and currently my highest readings of the day are on a morning!

Example today 8:4 but I went to bed at 5.1 @11pm last night and stopped eating my evening meal at 7 then walked for 40 mins after and I had chicken cheese bacon salad. I see a range of numbers during the day usually from 5.9-7.9 but my morning reading is rarely below 7. It’s making me think what am I doing wrong and this is all stop my 1AC from coming down as my goal is to get off metformin( I have side affects with SR and Standard)
It can depend on when you do your morning test as some people find as soon as the get out of bed their level can go up, referred to as foot on the floor phenomenon. It is your liver being super helpful in releasing glucose to give you energy to do those morning tasks.
There seems to be little you can do about it not happening though eating something as soon as possible can help.

Have you got a little red circle with a white exclamation mark top left of the screen? I get that sometimes and usually it means that something in the settings has been switched off... though I don't remember changing anything.
There is but everything is turned on, i've even turned them off and back on again. Sensor change is due Sunday so i'll hold on. Currently sitting in a car park as levels dropped really suddenly to hypo 🙄

Good evening 8.4 this morning
hoping for something more ”normal” tomorrow morning

Last edited:
Back