Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all.
4am was 23.3 so downed a bunch of water and went back to sleep for 4 more hours for another go at fingerprick roulette and got a much more sensible 15.5.
Aren't antibiotics fun 🙄. I think its fair to say they are still kicking my butt (and bg) all over the place.

Wordle in 3 today :D
Anyway a day of naps and pottering about doing what I can is todays plan 🙂

Have a great day everyone
Wow. I’d have guessed antibiotics would drop bg from fixing the infection but seems the opposite!

12.9 for me this morning. Woke up with a cold and a headache bad enough that I’ve had sumatriptan for breakfast, with a few units of insulin to bring the bg down

@freesia pick me up on the way? Anyone else need a lift to go to dinner at eggyg's house?
Count me in, can you divert to Brighton please lol. If not do you deliver @eggyg ? 🙂

Ho hum, good morning everyone. 4.8 here.

Just been out for 1.5 hours walk on the beach. Sunny but nippy too.

Not much planned for today. Gotta work out how to cook the chicken in the ninja foodi for this evening.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.

What is this Wordle thing everyone is talking about here?

Morning all and today it was possibly 4.1 although the libre graph seems to suggest I woke up at the bottom of a compression low. Other side of the room 7.6. Before breakfast 4.9 on the finger.

Yesterday's excitement was the screen on my old laptop giving up the ghost. Can't complain, it only cost £300 11 years ago. Transferring files and programmes to my newer one a bit of a bind but we're up and running with all my music software.

Hopefully today will be uneventful, no bits dropping off cars or laptop screens dying.

Have a good day everyone.

I still find this attitude to self-funded blood testing utterly extraordinary. I remember my doctor told me after being diagnosed to come to this very site to learn more about the condition. I explained this to the nurse a couple of months later including the fact that I did some self-testing and she verbally launched into me. It was like I had told her to kill her first born. Since them I have never mentioned to any medical person that I test my blood.

*My* experience of the GPs and my diabetes can be largely described as lazy and ignorant. Including one conversation where my doctor rang me up with the results of a blood test and declared I was not diabetic, until I reminded her that she had diagnosed me six months previously and she was testing my blood to see if I had a Vitamin B defficiency caused by the metformin she had prescribed.

@ColinUK I genuinely would ask your surgery why their receptionist feels qualified enough to dispense medical advice. Then I would change surgery.
It’s actually one of the highest rated surgeries in the local area and with my MH history I’m reluctant to change even though I’ve been told the following over the years:

“Just stop testing and take the pills”
“You could lose weight but frankly I’d not bother”
“Have you considered turning to Jesus?”

There are two GPs there now and they’ve very different bedside manners to each other. One just wants to cut to the chase and will ask what you want to get from the appointment very bluntly whereas the other is much softer I guess. It’s like he’s exploring whatever the problem is along with you and discovering the next step as you do. Granted that sounds very odd but it’s quite reassuring with mental health stuff whereas the blunt one is ideal for physical stuff.

Wow. I’d have guessed antibiotics would drop bg from fixing the infection but seems the opposite!
tell that to my stupid backwards body :rofl:
What is this Wordle thing everyone is talking about here?
link to wordle
Click at your own risk, not that it is a dodgy link, but you will find yourself doing it everyday 😛
(its a daily word game)

Don't know - I left my device at work and have no strips for the free Contour next or the Gluco Navii one I bought (I call this one the Random number generator!).

I've pretty much decided to cut back on it, as it looks like my BG is under control with diet, 1 metformin (Will this be doing much?) and exercise. I'll use it for 'new' foods and the occasional check or if I find things are going out of control. I did 3 months without using one just relying on carb counting and it worked OK. (Although I have a feeling it might have gone up when have the next test.)

New Scientist had a snippet this week that Travel sickness tablets had been shown to work well for migraines in some of the research subjects.
Wonder if travel sickness tablets are anything like the anti sickness tablets I’ve been given for the migraines. I only take them when I feel like throwing up though.

My blood glucose has just hit 28. It seems the normal carbs was not such a great idea. I'm going to have some sandwiches to see if that helps
You've done it again Benny.... I have no idea how to respond. Choices between "HaHa" "Oh No", "Wow" and "Care" Take your pick as to which one is relevant, because I haven't a clue but I am drawn to all 4.
If it is any consolation I would hit high 20s after toast and cornflakes. Hope you had a generous sprinkle of sugar on them too and marmalade on the toast, just for good measure!
Sometimes you just have to show this diabetes who is boss😉!

You've done it again Benny.... I have no idea how to respond. Choices between "HaHa" "Oh No", "Wow" and "Care" Take your pick as to which one is relevant, because I haven't a clue but I am drawn to all 4.
If it is any consolation I would hit high 20s after toast and cornflakes. Hope you had a generous sprinkle of sugar on them too and marmalade on the toast, just for good measure!
Sometimes you just have to show this diabetes who is boss😉!
I think they might not be telling the truth but are trying to upset me in some way. They said on my thread that they only eat 30g carb per meal maximum and seemed offended that I don’t eat low carb. So I suspect lies and trying to insult me in some way about my high bgs here.

I struggle to read people because of autism though so it might be that they’re trying eating carbs because that’s what I do, and they need more insulin to match them.

Either way, hopefully the sandwiches and insulin result in good bg

@Benny G I now see where this all comes from as I have read your posts on @Lucyr 's other thread. I agree with your post there and the idea of reducing carbs from meals when levels are high makes absolute sense to me but it seems you are now being rather sarcastic. Not sure that comes across well or comfortably from my perspective.

I think they might not be telling the truth but are trying to upset me in some way. They said on my thread that they only eat 30g carb per meal maximum and seemed offended that I don’t eat low carb. So I suspect lies and trying to insult me in some way about my high bgs here.

I struggle to read people because of autism though so it might be that they’re trying eating carbs because that’s what I do, and they need more insulin to match them.

Either way, hopefully the sandwiches and insulin result in good bg
Yes, @Lucyr. As you can see from my post above, I am now up to speed and I can see how you would take it that way. I very much hope that Benny doesn't mean to be hurtful or upsetting, but it is easy to read it that way. I think it may just be his sarcastic sense of humour but it does come across badly now I have read the comments on the other thread.

It doesn’t come across as humourous to me, or as supportive in any way, comes across more as hurtful.

@Benny G I withdraw my other options. Take my response as a disapproving, scowling, finger waving emoji, even if I agree with your logic in principle.

@Lyna welcome to the thread, most of us are bonkers but we help each other along.
Have a good day all x
@SueEK , you're so right, most of us are bonkers that's probably why we all like this site. Mad but friendly and helpful:rofl:. Mostly 🙂

Last edited:
I was so angry with my body this afternoon that I fed it iced fruit cake, several large bits. It wasn't actually as good as I anticipated, too sweet, so remainder went in the bin. Fell asleep for 4 hours. BG then 12.1. Pain levels are now down to uncomfortable rather than "bite the carpet" levels. Back to sensible diet tomorrow - at least I avoided the opiates and feel a bit more accepting of my mortal habitat.

18:54 BS 9.0 Didn’t stay up long this morning & was asleep again soon after: time; haven’t the foggiest! Tresiba 4 & a half hours late as I slept through the 15:30 alarm for it. But, it’s in now, with pills, NR & munching a Trek cocoa oats protein bar for breakfast as I caught up on this thread! 🙄 My chest & cough finally felt clearer & so managed to catch up, at last, on my sleep! Just had a couple of trips to the little girls room during my long sleep to catch glimpses of bright sunshine through my open bathroom window which gave me a thought that it maybe my annual bout of hayfever that’s been hitting me?:confused:

Oooh! A party at @eggyg ‘s! Is it too late for me to strap on my flying jet pack to cross the sea from The Causeway Coast to you for dinner? 😉😛

@ColinUK what’s encanto? I haven’t heard of it! :confused:

Hope you all had a Wonderful Day today & a Very Good night, coming up, for you normal lot while I’m off kilter, AGAIN! :D😉 BUT, I feel all bright eyed & bushy tailed now as my chest has turned a corner to make me feel better!🙂

Back