Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all - sun and clouds today.

7.0 - despite adjusting basal I still had a hypo from midnight to 3am, then a steady rise. Clearly I need to adjust again.

@SueEK glad to hear your news. Have a nice time at the caravan.

@ColinUK - how mysterious. Like you, I'd be concerned. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

@Grannylorraine and @TinaD hoping things settle for both of you soon.

Nothing much on today... grocery shop at Tesco since they kindly sent us a coupon for £4 off if you spend £30 and maybe a drink with friends early evening.

Morning All.

17.2 I think it's fair to say antibiotics are kicking my bg's butt. Just hope its also kicking the infection's butt in the process.
Last nights readings make the 17 look good 🙄. Feeling a bit like roulette when I prick my finger :rofl:
Not much I can do but keep a close eye and keep checking keytones. Will start a thread if I feel unsure of anything later on but was warned it could be all over the place x
Breathing kinda just hurts all the time now so glad I got started on stuff already 😉

Todays plan is as little as possible and lots of hydration :D

Hope everyone has a fabby friday
@ColinUK @Grannylorraine @TinaD hope things get better through the day for you all x

10:37 BS 7.5 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Up briefly, or maybe not, as I have a GP phone appointment at 11:30 this morning about my blood tests on Valentines Day! I’m up earlier to call as last time I was on the phone for over an hour by which time GP had called while my landline was engaged & my mobile rang just as I finally got through the phone queue! So, I’m calling at 11 which is just coming up now! Bye for now!

Good morning everyone. Its a glorious sunny day here. Just been out for a 2 hour walk on the beach.

I can't quite believe it but my wife has been much better this week since the last major melt down. These ups and downs sure wear me out. I never know when the next disaster will strike nor what it might be about.

BG 5.3 this morning. It's teasing me again

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Hi guys, this is my first entry. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been newly diagnosed a few weeks ago where my blood levels were 29mmol. Now they range anything from 6-13. This morning 6.8 so very happy.
It's nice to read what everyone is doing as I am housebound so unfortunately my life is pretty boring. The most excitement I have is injecting myself 4 x a day .
Can't wait for the summer to come so I can at least sit in my garden with my best friend my dog Kaiser

Attachments

• 20190401_170500.jpg
    20190401_170500.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi @Lyna Welcome to the thread. Pleased you found your way here and hope you soon feel you are an integral part of our little community.
Great waking reading this morning, so congrats on that. Kaiser looks like a star. What breed is he?

@Benny G Many congrats on achieving a House Special this morning. Well done!

@Lyna Hi! And welcome to the thread!

Well, my liver has gotten worse again & in for more blood tests next Thursday at 10am. Told GP that the last few weeks I’ve had increasingly worse bouts of dry heaving, retching as he called it, when I first wake up that’s very similar to what I had just before my fatty liver diagnosis around 10 years ago now? And this few days this week I keep getting these hard lumps on the right hand side of my face right at the hairline & have 4 f them now. They’re not like spots & are very hard! So, GP will have a look at them while getting my blood tests next week!

Opticians done - all ok
Popped to the GP and the receptionist said "It doesn't matter what 111 says, we have no appointments left today unless they book you in so the doctor can see you Monday."

I showed the receptionist the readings from the morning and she's obviously been well briefed by the GP as she snapped "Where did you get these from? You're not testing at home are you because the doctor doesn't like that?"
I mean seriously wtff!!

Anyway the three most recent readings today (roughly 10am, 11am and 12pm) have been:
5.2 (I know right!!)

All double checked by taking two readings a time and they've been identical.

As it so happens I'm booked in from my annual review now on the 15th March so at least i'll get my feet tickled and my HbA1c checked.

Hi guys, this is my first entry. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been newly diagnosed a few weeks ago where my blood levels were 29mmol. Now they range anything from 6-13. This morning 6.8 so very happy.
It's nice to read what everyone is doing as I am housebound so unfortunately my life is pretty boring. The most excitement I have is injecting myself 4 x a day .
Can't wait for the summer to come so I can at least sit in my garden with my best friend my dog Kaiser
Hi Lyna, welcome to the forum and the thread! This little corner is very nice and social, and helps me feel connected. I hope you like it as well 🙂

Last edited:
Opticians done - all ok
Popped to the GP and the receptionist said "It doesn't matter what 111 says, we have no appointments left today unless they book you in so the doctor can see you Monday."

I showed the receptionist the readings from the morning and she's obviously been well briefed by the GP as she snapped "Where did you get these from? You're not testing at home are you because the doctor doesn't like that?"
I mean seriously wtff!!

Anyway the three most recent readings today (roughly 10am, 11am and 12pm) have been:
5.2 (I know right!!)

All double checked by taking two readings a time and they've been identical.

As it so happens I'm booked in from my annual review now on the 15th March so at least i'll get my feet tickled and my HbA1c checked.
Sounds like the receptionist at our GP who we call Huff the Tragic Dragon.
I wonder what sent your blood glucose sky high?

Talking of opticians my retinal screening came back all clear, thank goodness as it was over 2 years since my last one.

Hi @Lyna Welcome to the thread. Pleased you found your way here and hope you soon feel you are an integral part of our little community.
Great waking reading this morning, so congrats on that. Kaiser looks like a star. What breed is he?

@Benny G Many congrats on achieving a House Special this morning. Well done!
Thanks for letting me know about it.

He is my rescue dog from a killing station in Hungary and he is a cross Hungarian puli. If I let his fur grow he would look like he had Dreadlocks similar to double the dog from the old children's programme the magic roundabout. He is like my assist dog. He never leaves my side and knows when I am having a really bad day. I think he rescued me x

Welcome Lyna. This is a very sociable, helpful, diverse forum where, thankfully everyone seems to happily chat about pretty much anything. I too have found that it helps me feel connected, being very isolated myself.

I hope you find this forum to be a bright star in your life

G'day all. 🙂

Back