Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, 8.4 here 😱. Was constantly finding myself in double figures yesterday. Exactly the same thing happened last week. Unexpectedly high numbers at the start of the week, so much so that I upped my basal and did a couple of LFTs, then it mysteriously settled and I was fine at the tail end of the week. So can’t explain why the same is happening this week, maybe I just don’t like Mondays.

Good morning folks. A very nice, aesthetically pleasing 5.5. 🙂

First baby free Tuesday since the beginning of the year. Other grandparents arrived back from their travels yesterday, now I’m worrying because she hasn’t seen them foe over five weeks she won’t settle with them. She was very subdued yesterday, mum back at work after her brush with Covid, whether she’s under the weather or has got used with being with her mummy for a full week, I don’t know. She didn’t have a temperature or cough so don’t think it’s Covid but we both felt she wasn’t herself. We’ll miss her but it’s sort of a relief too.

Now what to do with our free Tuesday? Bake bread in my new super duper bread maker.🙂 It is huge! Haven’t a clue where I’m going to keep it, may have to demote my Kenwood Chef and put that in the utility room.

Cushion inserts also arrived yesterday. Glad to see this morning they’ve puffed up a bit, they came compressed and the cushions looked depressingly flat, it did say could be up to 48 hours before they “loft”, I did laugh at that, as the Wordle a few days ago was aloft and I remarked that that wasn’t a word in common use, although I’m not certain loft is the correct word for cushion inserts plumping up! I’ve added photos as I need your opinion, do I need another cushion in the middle? I’ve gone from five small cushions on each sofa, to just two large and they seem empty. A small square one in ochre/gold? Or a long rectangular one? Or nothing? #firstworldproblems :confused:

Have a good day everyone. 🙂

Attachments

• 29F949BA-9AC1-48AB-8C2C-D22E2324C27D.jpeg
    29F949BA-9AC1-48AB-8C2C-D22E2324C27D.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14
  • A4B3278F-F918-4855-98BF-F35CEB71A135.jpeg
    A4B3278F-F918-4855-98BF-F35CEB71A135.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 14
Morning all, 8.4 here 😱. Was constantly finding myself in double figures yesterday. Exactly the same thing happened last week. Unexpectedly high numbers at the start of the week, so much so that I upped my basal and did a couple of LFTs, then it mysteriously settled and I was fine at the tail end of the week. So can’t explain why the same is happening this week, maybe I just don’t like Mondays.
Well, if it’s good enough for Bob Geldof! 😉

Good morning all.

As is so often is the case, my diabetes is twinned with @Robin's and I have an equally disappointing higher reading this morning of 8.6 with levels going into double figures yesterday and needing several corrections to try to contain it. No idea why.

Got my telephone appointment with consultant this morning (fingers crossed for good results) and then going to see Simply Red tonight. First arena attendance for over 2 years and a bit apprehensive about it. Will be doing an LFT and wearing a mask.

@eggyg No wonder you are happy with cushions! They look absolutely fab. It looks like a professionally styled home that you would see in a magazine. Personally, I think just the two looks classy and understated but would have to see photos with the other options to be sure.
Oh and talking of Wordle, I got it in 2 this morning. (Breathes on finger nails and polishes them on lapel emoji)

5.7 I do miss being able to see what's happened at night.

Good morning everyone

BG 4.8 that's fine

Out for a walk shortly then a new App update to keep me busy later on.

Have a great day

Cushion inserts also arrived yesterday. Glad to see this morning they’ve puffed up a bit, they came compressed and the cushions looked depressingly flat, it did say could be up to 48 hours before they “loft”, I did laugh at that, as the Wordle a few days ago was aloft and I remarked that that wasn’t a word in common use, although I’m not certain loft is the correct word for cushion inserts plumping up! I’ve added photos as I need your opinion, do I need another cushion in the middle? I’ve gone from five small cushions on each sofa, to just two large and they seem empty. A small square one in ochre/gold? Or a long rectangular one? Or nothing? #firstworldproblems :confused:
Hmm, style v comfort. I suspect if you add more cushions people will just move them onto the floor when they sit down. (That’s what happens on my over-cushioned sofa!) And I think the new ones are big and bold enough to add the colour pop on their own (they do look really good, btw)
I'm sure @Lanny would tell us that a lot of lady skaters have been hoisted aloft by their partners in the skating this week, maybe it’s the word of the moment. I’m bragging this morning, I got today’s Wordle in 3, to OH's 4, but a large slice of luck was involved, because I can think of at least three more words that would have fitted.
Edit. Cancel the brag, I’ve just read @rebrascora 's post! Two really is just showing off!😉

5.7 I do miss being able to see what's happened at night.
Given you woke up with a perfect bg, what changes would you realistically have made if you could see the overnight bg trace? There’s no need to test just for the sake of it, better to focus on when the test is needed to drive a decision.

A nice round 5 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Morning

9.something here xx

Thanks @Robin I think you’re right, Mr Eggy always chucks them on the floor! The very ornate ones are just for show, they’ll be hidden when the hordes come round! We always sit on the other sofa. I need to change my curtains now!
Re today’s Wordle, there’s five of us now. Myself and Mr Eggy, eldest and youngest daughters and 15 year old grandson. I seem to bottom of the league at the moment. 4/6 for me today, yesterday was 6/6! But I had some sort of brain blackout and thought the yellow squares were correct AND in the right place! Today I had three greens and for some reason chose to ignore one and put in a completely different letter! I’m tired! 😛 Normal service will be resumed tomorrow I hope!

Last edited:
@eggyg No wonder you are happy with cushions! They look absolutely fab. It looks like a professionally styled home that you would see in a magazine. Personally, I think just the two looks classy and understated but would have to see photos with the other options to be sure.
Oh and talking of Wordle, I got it in 2 this morning. (Breathes on finger nails and polishes them on lapel emoji)
Thanks Barbara. Really pleased with them. Had had the others for five years and was sick to death of them. Just needed a refresh without haven’t to decorate.
Enjoy Simply Red, you’ll be Rolling back the Years tonight! 😉

Morning

6.7 today, with a very achy back, so no exercise today, hoping it heals enough to be able to do my London Winter run on Sunday. I have a follow up appointment with the consultant following my op last year so hopefully no further ops needed.

@eggyg - love the cushions, I think 2 is perfect.

@rebrascora - enjoy Simply Red tonight.

Have a good day everyone

6.6 this morning.

Morning everyone 🙂 at 7:06 yesterday BG was 14.1. Reason unknown. 11.0u tresiba taken. 2.0u humalog correction.

This morning at 7:08 BG was 5.5 so because I'm trying to get my hypo awareness back I need to treat anything below my bottom number of my target (6mmol) as a hypo. I had 4 dextrose tablets. Tested 15 minutes later and BG was 14.7!! I went and washed my hands and BG was 7.3 - I must've still had traces of dextrose on my fingers.
Did 11.0u tresiba.

Hope everyone has a lovely day 🙂

Morning all.

7.3 when I woke at 8 am which is rather surprising as I was in the high teens all evening - due no doubt to a 4 course lunch and 2 glasses of port with the cheese. Also I forgot to bolus until half-way through the main course because I was concentrating on getting the food on the table all at the same time whilst still hot.

@eggyg you have nicked my sofa! Well the ones we had in the last house, though we had 2 x 3 seater versions. Much too big for this house. Your cushions look lovely. As hubby said, cushions are subjective - our sofa seats are very deep and we are both quite small, so I need 2 cushions behind me in order to sit comfortably with my knees at the edge of the seat.

Back