Group 7-day waking average?

An unexciting 5.8 after sleeping in. Everything packed and organized for the great northern run except for listing convenient Tesco's en route through North Wales. My late husband always navigated by pubs, of which he had an encyclopedic knowledge, but then he wasn't taking furosemide but was looking hopefully for fluid in whilst I am seeking sites for certain fluid out! Have a lovely time and good numbers everyone while I am away.
Drive carefully and stay safe.

Bit of a late one today
6am was 11.7, took my pills and went back to sleep and woke back up again around 11am on 10.4 so take your pick. Both a bit crap :rofl:

@MeeTooTeeTwo Yay on the HS

Hope everyones day is going well 🙂

Hi everyone 🙂 at 6:53 BG was 10.8 so just 0.8mmols above target. 11.0u tresiba done.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day 🙂

oooh I get to add a 3rd waking reading in one day 😳
8.2 :D

Was getting visual migraine auras so took painkillers as soon as the head bumpies started to come on (pretty much starting with auras as I posted on here earlier) and crashed out for the afternoon.
Not sure if that was the warm up or the main event, have just woken up with a background headache and a little audio sensitivity but don't feel that "migraine hangover way" (as in wiped out). Not totally unusual but 50/50 if I'm done with it or not at this point.

My go to "fix" that allows me to stay awake with one one is a can of coke with dissolving aspirin dumped in and down it. (just fixes the searing pain but not the auras and symptoms).
Bit of a "which is the worst evil, migraine vs bg levels with the coke fix " 🙄

What I don't get is I would expect to see something silly on my meter on the back of a migraine and I see 8.2, If I am totally on track and do nothing to aggravate my blood sugars - they go up anyway - sod answering the meaning of life, I just want the answer to the meaning of my bg :rofl:

@gll Slight aside but being brand new to migraine I’m interested… how do you know a migraine is coming on not just a normal headache - do you get the visual symptoms? I’ve not had any of those. What painkillers do you find work? The “migraine cocktail” the hospital gave me worked to end it but they really knocked me out. Sort of glad to see it’s not just me that gets high bg with them though, maybe that’s my clue for a migraine coming on rather than a headache.

oooh I get to add a 3rd waking reading in one day 😳
8.2 :D

Was getting visual migraine auras so took painkillers as soon as the head bumpies started to come on (pretty much starting with auras as I posted on here earlier) and crashed out for the afternoon.
Not sure if that was the warm up or the main event, have just woken up with a background headache and a little audio sensitivity but don't feel that "migraine hangover way" (as in wiped out). Not totally unusual but 50/50 if I'm done with it or not at this point.

My go to "fix" that allows me to stay awake with one one is a can of coke with dissolving aspirin dumped in and down it. (just fixes the searing pain but not the auras and symptoms).
Bit of a "which is the worst evil, migraine vs bg levels with the coke fix " 🙄

What I don't get is I would expect to see something silly on my meter on the back of a migraine and I see 8.2, If I am totally on track and do nothing to aggravate my blood sugars - they go up anyway - sod answering the meaning of life, I just want the answer to the meaning of my bg :rofl:
I know the reason for combining paracetamol and caffeine as you find in coke or the combined pills is it helps with absorption of the medication, I had not heard the same was true with aspirin.

I know the reason for combining paracetamol and caffeine as you find in coke or the combined pills is it helps with absorption of the medication, I had not heard the same was true with aspirin.
Yea, the cocktail I have is 2 paracetamol, 1-2 naproxen, 1 sumatriptan, 1 metoclopramide and a coffee. Not sure how the caffeine in coffee compares to that of a coke, or whether it’s supposed to be sugary coke. I was too wiped out by the drugs to ask questions :rofl:

@gll Slight aside but being brand new to migraine I’m interested… how do you know a migraine is coming on not just a normal headache - do you get the visual symptoms? I’ve not had any of those. What painkillers do you find work? The “migraine cocktail” the hospital gave me worked to end it but they really knocked me out. Sort of glad to see it’s not just me that gets high bg with them though, maybe that’s my clue for a migraine coming on rather than a headache.
I think the symptoms can vary in people but flashing lights or fingers of light coming into your vision and then a diminishing field of view then followed by headache and nausea. Taking medication as soon as you suspect it coming on rather than wait. My daughter found that manipulation on her neck and shoulders by a chiropractor helped her migraines.

I often get visual auras - either big blobby floaters with multi coloured edges around them (that was todays) or jaggy lines that are very vibrant or even just massive blurry or dead patches in vision.
I also get audo sensitivity when anything other than a low background noise is happening, eg someone speaking sends searing waves of pain through my head. Can vary in degree of sensitivity and pain.
I also (and this is a weird one) get so jumbled up with words (speaking and typing) and my brain is correct in what it wants to say but getting it out in the right order or using the right words can be a little funky. Can usually spot it better if I type something and read it back and go whaaat did I just write there :rofl:.
I do feel nausea occasionally but its mainly visual and audio for me.
I usually get 20-30 mins between symptoms and the build from a normal headache to not being able to function without meds and often sleep.
Afterwards I'm usually floored and 0 energy.

Haven't had many migraines since diagnosis in oct (maybe this is 2nd or 3rd one now) and my bg hasn't necessarily been high (for me) and I have even checked against blood pressure which is okay too.
Sometimes I get them on their own and nothing for ages between them, other times they come n clusters with a few a week for a few weeks then nothing for a while again.

Since diagnosis of D the general headaches have settled down which I always associated with migraine clusters (those probably were screamingly high bg numbers).

I know one trigger for me is time of the month but never been able to identify other triggers.

Friend of mine went to a clinic in London and they consultant said while they cant recommend it officially as treatment but the coke aspirin combo seems to work well for a lot of people. Doesn't seem to work as well with off brand coke and has to be full fat one too.
It really is a gamechanger for me but I didn't really want to drink a can of coke while still in double figures bg wise so figured the paracetamol and pepsi max and sleep could be tried first and I could still add aspirin and coke if I needed to.

Taking medication as soon as you suspect it coming on rather than wait.
100%
If I can get ahead of it, it is usually a much easier experience.

I never really got anywhere with the GPs and getting to the bottom of it. I found something that worked and am happy to be able to deal with it myself unless I can't anymore or it changes.

I haven’t had any visual changes whatsoever before they come on. Not sure if that’s just because not everyone with migraine gets auras, or whether it’s because I have aphantasia.

I’m going to have to get some coke or Pepsi max to try. Does sugar free not work as well as full sugar? I have no idea how I’d bolus for full sugar coke o_O

Congrats on the HS @goodybags.

Morning everyone. 9.8 on the new sensor, 8.7 finger prick. Monday has come around quickly, where did the weekend go?!

Congratulations goodybags

I came a close tease 5.1 again.

Decided to go for a bit of a walk on the beach yesterday motning. Seemed a little windy when I looked out of the widow at home. Marched forwards anyway!!! But I took my rain coat not to be defeated it it were to rain.

Well, the sea front was stormy, very cold and it dumped stormy, sleety rain on me twice. The howling wind drove the rain into my trousers. Soaked. Oddly though, because the wind kept blowing after the rain had gone my trowsers dried out completely.

In the end I walked for about 2.5 hours.

Actually I set off at about 8am thinking it was Monday and intended to just go to the shop to get some milk. Wrong! It was Sunday. So I decided to just keep going for 2 hours until the shops opened. Good exercise!!

Today I will venture out. Not sure how far (or not) I will go.

Beach was covered in sea shells yesterday. Evidence of stormy weather. I love crunching the shells when I walk. No idea why but it is just scrummy.

Have a great day today whatever you get up to

My eyes continue to improve. My night vision is slightly better and the right eye (the more difficult op) is markedly better than thd left!!

Morning Everyone. 11.9
Not a waking reading, that would mean I have slept and not dozed...
Today will be a challenge to nap just the right amount to keep me going.

gratz @goodybags with the HS 🙂

Have a great day everyone. Will catch up later on x

Morning all. 7.4 after getting up, forgot to zap with Frank!
Nothing exciting happening today EXCEPT I will be taking delivery of a new bread maker and inserts for my new and absolutely fabulous cushion covers. There may be pics tomorrow.

Have a Happy Monday everyone. 🙂
Congratulations @goodybags and @Sitosea on the HS. 🙂

6.8 this morning.

Sorry I missed a couple of days. I left my monitor at work...or so I thought. It was at the bottom of my voluminous bag. This weekend was very busy and forget to post.
As my school reports used to say - must try harder

Nick

Back