Group 7-day waking average?

Morning Everyone.
8.4 for me along with a solid sleep. 🙂

Late posting again (been up a while). Trying to get organised to go pick up some more supplies. Daughter is now unwell too and we are fast running out of cough mix and she can't have lemsip due to her being on co-codamol and of course I cant find the decongestants I keep for her.
Still feeling rubbish. Not even sure if there is any point in calling GPs as it is viral and throwing antibiotics at it wont help and don't know if there's anything they can do to help with the coughing other than what I can get over the counter.

Gratz @rebrascora and @TinaD on the HS today :D

Have a great day everyone!

It was 4.9 for me first thing this morning. 🙂

And well done to @rebrascora & @TinaD for those special numbers.

Dez

Well hubby managed to fix my tester yesterday which is a shame as my reading today is an almighty 9.2. Had a lovely evening out with all the family for my daughter’s birthday and had a spaghetti carbonara, yum. However woke at 3 with awful reflux so had to prop myself up in bed which made my coccyx hurt and so couldn’t sleep. Am pooped.
Never mind. Congrats to @rebrascora and @TinaD on an HS that I will never see lol.
Have a good day all xx

Hi everyone, 6'5 this morning.
Last days I've been going for a walk after breakfast and had good BGs before lunch. I want to see how are my BG if I don't walk, so today I am sitting at home...for science :D
Actually I feel I am getting a bit of a cold, so I guess it could be good to stay warm here. I have to work tonight anyway, so I will get my daily walk then.

Morning good peeps. Bit grey and windy today.

6.0 on waking at 10am after a horrible night with the Libre going off telling me I was going low every time I fell asleep. I put a new pod on yesterday, on a place where I've used cannulas a fair bit, so not virgin territory. I dunno if it's something to do with the sucutaneous level being different to the old cannulas, but it seems like a quick absorption problem.

@ColinUK what a terrible thing, your friend being bullied online to the point he took his own life. How people can continue to bully his wife is beyond belief. What is the matter with people!

@rebrascora and @TinaD CONGRATULATIONS on the HS.

@eggyg - I sympathise with no shops... it's the same here in Cornwall. When we moved into our new house 5 years ago I had a choice of 3 fabric shops to get curtain fabric in just about the whole county. 2 were hideously expensive. In the end I looked in Dunelm (the 3rd), found some fabric I liked, took a note of the manufacturer and code, went online and got it £8 per meter cheaper. I made matching cushion covers. Unfortunately I used feather cushion pads which have gone really flat. I just need to find some better cushion pads now to put in them. Hence hubby's obsession with buying new cushions that are fatter. I keep telling him we only need new pads.

@Elenka_HM welcome to our merry little band.

Morning

6.7 today, off for my run later as didn’t get a chance yesterday and then another takeaway last night. Going to write this weekend off food wise as I have a roast planned for later and start afresh tomorrow. Currently making bread pudding for bake club.

@rebrascora and @TinaD - congratulations on your HS

@ColinUK - really sorry to hear your friend was bullied so badly by trolls he took his own life.

9.1 for me this morning not ideal but could be worst 🙂

Morning Everyone.
8.4 for me along with a solid sleep. 🙂

Late posting again (been up a while). Trying to get organised to go pick up some more supplies. Daughter is now unwell too and we are fast running out of cough mix and she can't have lemsip due to her being on co-codamol and of course I cant find the decongestants I keep for her.
Still feeling rubbish. Not even sure if there is any point in calling GPs as it is viral and throwing antibiotics at it wont help and don't know if there's anything they can do to help with the coughing other than what I can get over the counter.

Gratz @rebrascora and @TinaD on the HS today :D

Have a great day everyone!
It may be little consolation but over five weeks since my cold started and although I’m “only” coughing morning and night now ( noon is ok on the whole), I definitely feel loads better in myself. I’ve just been using painkillers and a lavender pillow spray and temple rub, it may be a placebo but I dare not use it every night now, I’m down to two pillows from using three for four weeks. Maybe next week I’ll try and wean myself off the lavender spray and get down to one pillow! I really can’t believe how much snot/phlegm/mucous can come from one small woman. I should be about 7 stone now. Hope you all eventually got over it.
PS had anyone else noticed the tissue shortage? No Kleenex Balsam to be had! Had to buy generic man sized and my poor delicate nose knew about it.

Morning good peeps. Bit grey and windy today.

6.0 on waking at 10am after a horrible night with the Libre going off telling me I was going low every time I fell asleep. I put a new pod on yesterday, on a place where I've used cannulas a fair bit, so not virgin territory. I dunno if it's something to do with the sucutaneous level being different to the old cannulas, but it seems like a quick absorption problem.

@ColinUK what a terrible thing, your friend being bullied online to the point he took his own life. How people can continue to bully his wife is beyond belief. What is the matter with people!

@rebrascora and @TinaD CONGRATULATIONS on the HS.

@eggyg - I sympathise with no shops... it's the same here in Cornwall. When we moved into our new house 5 years ago I had a choice of 3 fabric shops to get curtain fabric in just about the whole county. 2 were hideously expensive. In the end I looked in Dunelm (the 3rd), found some fabric I liked, took a note of the manufacturer and code, went online and got it £8 per meter cheaper. I made matching cushion covers. Unfortunately I used feather cushion pads which have gone really flat. I just need to find some better cushion pads now to put in them. Hence hubby's obsession with buying new cushions that are fatter. I keep telling him we only need new pads.

@Elenka_HM welcome to our merry little band.
We have Dunelm but not a huge selection, The Range, always a bit cheap looking I think and nothing amazing. TKMaxx occasionally have some nice cushions but usually only one of each. No department stores anymore, apart from House of Fraser which would be fine if I wanted a football shirt on my sofa! The nearest city would be Newcastle, they’ve Fenwicks and John Lewis. But I don’t like shopping and 120 mile round trip to buy a cushion just doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t have a sewing machine anymore so making my own is out of the question. Fingers crossed the ones I’ve ordered are ok.

We
Hi everyone, 6'5 this morning.
Last days I've been going for a walk after breakfast and had good BGs before lunch. I want to see how are my BG if I don't walk, so today I am sitting at home...for science :D
Actually I feel I am getting a bit of a cold, so I guess it could be good to stay warm here. I have to work tonight anyway, so I will get my daily walk then.
Welcome to this thread. Re the walking and BGs. The effect of exercise can last up to 48 hours. So yesterday’s walk could still effect today’s readings. Conversely, a lot of exercise can raise your BGs! Welcome to the fickle world of D!
PS I love walking and do it for fun, and because it’s good for me, physically and mentally, lower BGs are a bonus.

We have Dunelm but not a huge selection, The Range, always a bit cheap looking I think and nothing amazing. TKMaxx occasionally have some nice cushions but usually only one of each. No department stores anymore, apart from House of Fraser which would be fine if I wanted a football shirt on my sofa! The nearest city would be Newcastle, they’ve Fenwicks and John Lewis. But I don’t like shopping and 120 mile round trip to buy a cushion just doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t have a sewing machine anymore so making my own is out of the question. Fingers crossed the ones I’ve ordered are ok.
We have a Range behind the house. It's OK for some things, bur the selection of each category is quite small. Dunelm is 30 miles away.... Exeter (109 miles away) has the nearest department stores. So I can sympathise @eggyg. Hope you like your new cushions when they arrive.

We went to Windsor, Berks (where I used to live) last September. I got really over-excited at the lovely things available in the shops!

We

Welcome to this thread. Re the walking and BGs. The effect of exercise can last up to 48 hours. So yesterday’s walk could still effect today’s readings. Conversely, a lot of exercise can raise your BGs! Welcome to the fickle world of D!
PS I love walking and do it for fun, and because it’s good for me, physically and mentally, lower BGs are a bonus.
Hello! I've read in the forum that exercise and diabetes can be quite tricky! And I feel I am still "playing on easy mode" because I don't have to consider bolus insulin yet. Still a lot to learn, of course.
I love walking as well, agree with the positive mental effects 🙂

Good afternoon or evening whatever you call it at 16:50pm 🙂
At 7:06 my BG was a super dooper......15.9. Reason - is it a delayed reaction from my chinese last night? Anyway I had a 2.5u humalog correction and did 11.0u of tresiba.

It may be little consolation but over five weeks since my cold started and although I’m “only” coughing morning and night now ( noon is ok on the whole), I definitely feel loads better in myself. I’ve just been using painkillers and a lavender pillow spray and temple rub, it may be a placebo but I dare not use it every night now, I’m down to two pillows from using three for four weeks. Maybe next week I’ll try and wean myself off the lavender spray and get down to one pillow! I really can’t believe how much snot/phlegm/mucous can come from one small woman. I should be about 7 stone now. Hope you all eventually got over it.
PS had anyone else noticed the tissue shortage? No Kleenex Balsam to be had! Had to buy generic man sized and my poor delicate nose knew about it.

the "how can one person generate so much mucus" has crossed my mind multiple times.
Every coughing related muscle hurts, coughing up blood in the mucus now (small bits nothing worrying).
I've given up with tissues and onto toilet roll now, needing miles of the stuff 😉
I seem to be either up half the night coughing or waking up feeling like someone is sitting on my chest and coughing/choking/gagging it all up when I wake up then ticking over with coughing fits all day.
I've been loading up with painkillers and cough mix to thin it all as much as possible alongside vapour rub n paracetamol.

Bought a pulse oximeter today to double check because of breathlessness and was just googling what the readings mean...can't bloody breathe at all now for laughing and crying because laughing hurts :rofl:
  1. Switch the pulse oximeter on and place it on your finger. It works best on your middle or index finger of either hand, it should not be used on your ear.
I'm done o_O

the "how can one person generate so much mucus" has crossed my mind multiple times.
Every coughing related muscle hurts, coughing up blood in the mucus now (small bits nothing worrying).
I've given up with tissues and onto toilet roll now, needing miles of the stuff 😉
I seem to be either up half the night coughing or waking up feeling like someone is sitting on my chest and coughing/choking/gagging it all up when I wake up then ticking over with coughing fits all day.
I've been loading up with painkillers and cough mix to thin it all as much as possible alongside vapour rub n paracetamol.

Bought a pulse oximeter today to double check because of breathlessness and was just googling what the readings mean...can't bloody breathe at all now for laughing and crying because laughing hurts :rofl:

I'm done o_O
[/QUOTE
I found sudafed mucus relief very effective but it sounds as if you may have a chest infection so may need antibiotics.

Good morning All
A 10.1 this morning at 05:30. Too many biscuits with the coffee last night
Oh well let’s look forward.
I have a course for work today about disability awareness. I think the trainer is going to have fun and become slightly annoyed with a hidden disability.
Have a good day!

6.9 this morning and off to work. Have a good day all.
@ColinUK what a sad story about your friend, I’m sorry for all concerned x

Back