Group 7-day waking average?

@freesia definitely something I’m going to do. Had a long chat with my daughter this morning who suggested the same. Am trying to go through all different ways my bladder reacts, eg walking, going upstairs, dancing etc etc and making a note of each as consultant wasn’t 100% sure it was all stress incontinence, could possibly be bladder spasms which is treated completely differently, but could be both. So confusing and don’t want to take the risks the op involves (particularly afterwards) if I dont need to. Thanks for your concern though x

@Robin How do I access the daily "Wordie"? I feel like I am out of the loop! I looked at the link @ColinUK posted with the newspaper article but I must be a bit dim because I couldn't figure out how to actually access the quiz itself. I did a search of Wordie and got other word games but not what you have been talking about. Help please!

@Neonpossum welcome to the thread.

@SueEK you'll make the right decision for you. Just take your time (in as much as you can).

@rebrascora Freddie Mercury and Queen is my top artist i've seen too. I been to quite a few concerts but he's definitely the standout best. I'm so looking forward to going back to gigs and the theatre again.

@Robin How do I access the daily "Wordie"? I feel like I am out of the loop! I looked at the link @ColinUK posted with the newspaper article but I must be a bit dim because I couldn't figure out how to actually access the quiz itself. I did a search of Wordie and got other word games but not what you have been talking about. Help please!
It’s Wordle with an L. If you google it with that spelling it comes up as the top hit. Otherwise, it’s powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle (Ive also found a Wordle archive, so I’m doubly hooked now catching up on ones I missed).

It’s Wordle with an L. If you google it with that spelling it comes up as the top hit. Otherwise, it’s powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle (Ive also found a Wordle archive, so I’m doubly hooked now catching up on ones I missed).
There’s also Absurdle which is much more difficult as it’s not got a predetermined word as the answer.

@Neonpossum welcome to the thread.

@SueEK you'll make the right decision for you. Just take your time (in as much as you can).

@rebrascora Freddie Mercury and Queen is my top artist i've seen too. I been to quite a few concerts but he's definitely the standout best. I'm so looking forward to going back to gigs and the theatre again.
Got tickets to see Simply Red on 8th Feb as a birthday treat. Not sure I am quite ready to go to into a stadium setting but missed out on Genesis last October because we didn't feel it was safe and really disappointed to miss it as that was the last chance to see them with Phil's failing health. My sister is dipping out on Simply Red but I think my friend will still go with me.
I think it is getting to the stage that we need to accept that we will get it sooner or later (as you have just experienced). I just don't want to risk putting any undue strain on the NHS at the moment, which is partly why I haven't been riding my horses much as I don't want to risk an injury. If it was later in the spring, when the worst of the winter strain on the NHS is over, I think I would feel happier about such exposure in an arena and now that they are scrapping testing and vaccine passports, I feel less confident about going rather than more, so I am a bit conflicted about it. Have seen Simply Red before and they were OK but not the biggest fan, but then just going to a gig seems like a huge treat as well as a risk! Can't win! If it was Freddie and Queen, I wouldn't think twice of course!!

@Robin Thanks for that. Doh! Combination of bad eyesight, dirty glasses (cleaning them now) and assumption. Hopefully I can play along now and perhaps manage to solve one or two or at least puzzle over your cryptic comments on this thread and perhaps use them as pointers when I get stuck.

Seems being under the weather is liked by my BG as got 6.3 this morning lol
LFT done this morning and came back negative, sore throat abating but rotten cold has now stepped up .
Online shopping done last night and being delivered later this afternoon - first time I have found an "early" space rather than a few days later or, more likely, click and collect only. Hubby has same as me now but was also complaining of pain in his back, so not sure if he has another kidney stone in the offing, he isn't looking "grey" yet, which is how he goes when it is really bad.
Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend

@Neonpossum welcome on in, we are a friendly bunch but be warned, the conversations can get a little off topic haha x

Got my login details today for mydiabetesmyway (only taken 3 months) so saved me a phonecall as my blood results are on there....hba1c - 61 🙂 (kidneys also fine wooo)

I think it is getting to the stage that we need to accept that we will get it sooner or later
I worried about getting it, especially back in the early days of the pandemic when nothing was really known and the warnings about getting it with D were dire. This last week hasn't been anything like i expected, no doubt down to vaccinations, maybe even the waning strength/variant. If we hadn't had to do LFTs for work i would have assumed it was a bit of a cold and gone to work as normal.

I do think we have to get back to normal. The economy needs to get moving, people have suffered with their mental health, businesses have been lost and children missed chunks of their education.

Mr Eggy has got hooked on Wordle. He started today with sweat then groin and then got the answer! 😛

I started with spear and then got it..... because Dez tipped me off it was a bit naughty! 😳 Can see why people like it. Simple and clever!

Just starting this but 5.6 this morning which was very nice for me
Welcome to the thread! It was remiss of me not to welcome you earlier so please excuse my lapse in basic politeness and social niceties 🙂

Good morning everyone. I judt had to have a lie in this morning until 4:45am! I woke at 4:30 am

BG 5.0 on the nose.

I notice that over the Christmas period where I indulged in some chocolate (especially as I started experimenting with it), a bit of whisky, more food than I should generally....I gained 1Kg!!! That is coming off pronto. Actually I am very surprised and pleased that it wasn't more.

I also notice again that if we make bread in the bread machine, not only does it taste delicious with a wonderful texture, but it does not upset my stomach. Before, for years, just one bite of shop bought bread would upset things terribly!!! I wonder what it is about shop bought bread that upsets things so.

Nothing planned for this 5th day of self isolation.

Have a great day whatever you get up to, or...

@Gwynn could it be that you just use “basic” bread ingredients and don’t include the additives which extend shelf life, or odd it the type of flour you use?
If I have good quality baguette then it’s minimal impact on BG (as long as it’s in moderation portion wise and not slathered in jam!) but if I pick up a cheap so-called French Stick from a certain major supermarket then my BG will rocket and my digestive system will complain.

6.0 this morning. And rousing myself to return to park run.

I’ve not run for a while as my mental health took a battering so retreated from the world.

I couldn’t face going to Park Run and seeing familiar faces as I couldn’t keep up with them. So I didn’t go. Which is obviously counter productive but it’s how the mind works of course.

So… I’m going to shower, maybe have a coffee and at least make my way to the start line. This week, honestly, if that’s all I manage then that’s a huge result.

(I’ll get dressed between having a shower and making my way to the start line of course!)

I also have accepted that I don’t have to actually run the half marathon to complete it, and complete it I will!

Back