Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all! It's a 5.8 from me.🙂 There was a doctor on GMB this morning who said Type 2 Diabetes should be renamed Walking Deficiency Syndrome!😱 Someone emailed in & stated he had been active all his life had Type 2. The doc replied by saying he must have late onset Type 1.🙄

Morning all! It's a 5.8 from me.🙂 There was a doctor on GMB this morning who said Type 2 Diabetes should be renamed Walking Deficiency Syndrome!😱 Someone emailed in & stated he had been active all his life had Type 2. The doc replied by saying he must have late onset Type 1.🙄
There was a thread posted about that yesterday, I saw the story online in the daily mail, I didn't click on it though as that kind of thing has always wound me up haha x

Forgot this morning to take my fasting BG so had a cup of coffee with semi skimmed milk and remembered half an hour later to test so it was 6.8 that's the highest for me (4 weeks newbie, supposedly pre-diabetic HBA1c 48 2 weeks later down to 43) could the coffee have affected it at all - anyone know?
No, it's highly unlikely, only a tiny amount of sugar in the milk, in the form of lactose 🙂

Forgot this morning to take my fasting BG so had a cup of coffee with semi skimmed milk and remembered half an hour later to test so it was 6.8 that's the highest for me (4 weeks newbie, supposedly pre-diabetic HBA1c 48 2 weeks later down to 43) could the coffee have affected it at all - anyone know?
Hi Jennibambi - you are doing so well with your HbA1c that's a big drop - well done

Dx Type 2 April 2016
Metformin withdrawn
Diet control and exercise only

No, it's highly unlikely, only a tiny amount of sugar in the milk, in the form of lactose 🙂
Caffeine always makes my blood glucose rise, so could be that if you're as sensitive to it as I seem to be. But also, it may just be your liver pumping out a bit extra glucose as your feet hit the floor, to gear up for the day ahead.

Morning all, a busy week but a nice HS of 5.2 today, after a few days of 5s and 6s :D

It's a mad old business, this D, init? 🙄

Some doctor he was, should be shot for saying that!

Morning... wow...not up until 05:45...a lay in for me...5.8 today.

Morning all happy April ... Its a 5.7 today

Morning all! A 5.8 today.🙂

Morning everyone, feeling a little more normal after brekky and a coffee, I look like a zombie in the morning lol, anyhow it's a 6.7 for me x

Morning... wow...not up until 05:45...a lay in for me...5.8 today.
Hope you enjoyed your lie in 🙂, you deserve even longer than that x

Back