Group 7-day waking average?

Morning everyone. I was 6.8 before bed, 5.1 at 3am and 7.0 at 9:30. Reduced my basal by 2u to see if it makes a difference after my three hypos yesterday. Let's see eh!

Morning everyone. I was 6.8 before bed, 5.1 at 3am and 7.0 at 9:30. Reduced my basal by 2u to see if it makes a difference after my three hypos yesterday. Let's see eh!
Glad to hear you had a good night Rosie 🙂 Hope the reduction works well for you! 🙂

Ok 3rd attempt to post today! A 6.8 for me this morning which is a pleasant surprise considering I only had 70% of my bolus last night due to a post meal hypo and the rise that never came. Capricious D. Consider all your posts liked and remember, remember the 5th of November. Careful with the parkin and plot toffee.

Ok 3rd attempt to post today! A 6.8 for me this morning which is a pleasant surprise considering I only had 70% of my bolus last night due to a post meal hypo and the rise that never came. Capricious D. Consider all your posts liked and remember, remember the 5th of November. Careful with the parkin and plot toffee.
Ooh! Parkin! 🙂 Sluuuurp! Don't think they even know what it is down here! :( Got to be worth a few units! 🙂

Not had Parkin for years. My nana used to make gorgeous Parkin.

Yaaaaaayyyyyy Poochie spooky numbers. Fantastic effort all good, good bloody damned good 😉
Mmmm, just had an 11 two hrs after lunch. However, pretty sure I know what it is - each time I have bread (I have Burgen), even though I bolus the correct number of units for it based on what it says on the back of the packet, it takes me an age to drop back. It makes no difference what time of day, so I don't think my insulin resistance is changing too much with brekkie, lunch or dinner, I think it is just bread. I guess I'll just have to have it very infrequently or bolus a higher ratio for it ( currently 1:10g).:(
Do feel as though I'm getting the hang of this lark though, just pesky bread.

Maybe dropping Lantus by a few units last night, was not a good idea. A disappointing 6.0 this morning

Reactions: Ljc
Maybe dropping Lantus by a few units last night, was not a good idea. A disappointing 6.0 this morning
Truly @Hazel, don't be disappointed by a 6.0, this is fine! I frequently wake up around the 6.0 mark, and remember that I have no basal, so for me it is a 'natural' waking level. Remember that there is a 'floor' as well as a 'ceiling' for blood sugar targets, and this is nice and safely within that range 🙂 How many units did you drop it by?

Mmmm, just had an 11 two hrs after lunch. However, pretty sure I know what it is - each time I have bread (I have Burgen), even though I bolus the correct number of units for it based on what it says on the back of the packet, it takes me an age to drop back. It makes no difference what time of day, so I don't think my insulin resistance is changing too much with brekkie, lunch or dinner, I think it is just bread. I guess I'll just have to have it very infrequently or bolus a higher ratio for it ( currently 1:10g).:(
Interesting, I have to alter my ratio for bread
white without insulin sends me straight up to high teens or twenties. Anyhow on with business, 6.3 this fine chilly s Sunday

Truly @Hazel, don't be disappointed by a 6.0, this is fine! I frequently wake up around the 6.0 mark, and remember that I have no basal, so for me it is a 'natural' waking level. Remember that there is a 'floor' as well as a 'ceiling' for blood sugar targets, and this is nice and safely within that range 🙂 How many units did you drop it by?
4 units

Morning...6.5 today...my third six in a row...blimey may be aiming for those fives soon...pleased with that.

Hi GG...I love bread...miss it so much...found the Warburtons protein bread...did fine with that...then problems finding it...bought some Burgen...BG's shot up...so avoiding all of it completely now...but still miss it.

Morning all. A not too shabby 5.5 today. Went to bed on a dark chocolate hob nob. Well, not literally, that would've been a bit messy.😛 Had cramp in the night & took me ages to get back to sleep, so expected higher BG this morning.🙂

Morning all, a 9.6 for me today.

7.1 this morning after an awful afternoon and evening ranging from 11 to 4.5.
Scrap my comment from yesterday re getting the hang of this. :(

God morgon min vackra diabetiker vinter soluppgångar. Today I check in with a down and dirty 8.2mmols.

You're my first my last my everything and the answer to all of my dreams. A little bit of the the old love walrus Barry White for you this morning and I have been dreaming about all of you :D

Back