Freestyle Libre 2 to become real time continuous glucose monitor in UK from mid July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t look like there’s an update available yet in my app store

Question - Does anyone here use Libreview on a make/model of Android phone that on isn't on Abbot's 'compatible phones' list?

Ours are both Xiaomi ones - and Pete is certainly using apps on his apparently successfully - eg personal internet banking (Santander) also that for a Sum Up machine which is linked to a charity's PayPal bank account, which he empties into the HSBC one pretty frequently, being the Treasurer thereof and all those seem perfectly fine. Only difference is, different models cos he had his first to try it - then that one was no longer offered at the same price when a month later he ordered mine, so not 'absolutely identical'.

Anyhow - D clinic tomorrow PM, so .......

Wasent the update meant to land on the 12th July? (So tommorow)
In theory but no one’s seen any official announcements from abbot themselves that I’ve heard of so far

Wasent the update meant to land on the 12th July? (So tommorow)
I've only heard middle of July, so fairly vague. Regardless, it's completely normal for version updates to be offered at different times (presumably to try and avoid breaking everyone at the same time).

It may not have been authorised by Abbott, we don’t know who has leaked it. Can’t imagine it’s a current employee, though, if they want to keep their job!
I don't understand the initial post, doesn't freestly libre 2 cgm now? My hypo alarm will go off without me scanning it so therefore is it not always cgm?
Thanks in advance
A

I don't understand the initial post, doesn't freestly libre 2 cgm now? My hypo alarm will go off without me scanning it so therefore is it not always cgm?
Thanks in advance
A
I think the difference will be that , at the moment, if the alarm goes off, you have to scan to find out what your BG is. After the update, you will be able to see your BG without scanning.

I start my next sensor on the 12th in the training session so hoping before then and not just after
Two weeks of scanning whilst the transition happens should not be a challenge.
Many of us have been doing this for years.

Since having to use a phone to scan for a couple of weeks (since I lost my reader), I can now totally understand why this is such an attractive prospect. The reader is so quick and easy to use and small and comfortable to handle that it never seemed troublesome to scan and I wondered why people really wanted this full CGM option. After two weeks of having to open the phone and then open the app and wait whilst it buffers before I can scan and then wait for a result.... I now "get it". The touch screen seems to be less responsive too and I am incredibly frustrated by it and cannot understand why anyone would choose this system over a reader, so can now definitely see the value in having at least one step of the process removed.
Admittedly I am also having to cope with the frustration of getting used to a new phone (an iphone from using an android for many, many years and hating that as well), so I know that I am likely not judging the situation impartially but really not impressed with using a phone and pretty sure I will be going back to the reader, even once full CGM is working on the phone. I think the reader's functionality could be improved but on the whole the very small benefits of the phone app in no way counteract the awkwardness of using it. Maybe if I was more tech savvy and used one of the unofficial apps it would work better for me but I am not sold on the Libre app or the iphone for that matter.

Two weeks of scanning whilst the transition happens should not be a challenge.
Many of us have been doing this for years.
My phone doesn’t scan well which is why I use the alternative apps. I obviously will go back to the official app for 2 weeks from today as it’s NHS funded but it will take me a few minutes to scan each time.

Since having to use a phone to scan for a couple of weeks (since I lost my reader), I can now totally understand why this is such an attractive prospect. The reader is so quick and easy to use and small and comfortable to handle that it never seemed troublesome to scan and I wondered why people really wanted this full CGM option. After two weeks of having to open the phone and then open the app and wait whilst it buffers before I can scan and then wait for a result.... I now "get it". The touch screen seems to be less responsive too and I am incredibly frustrated by it and cannot understand why anyone would choose this system over a reader, so can now definitely see the value in having at least one step of the process removed.
Admittedly I am also having to cope with the frustration of getting used to a new phone (an iphone from using an android for many, many years and hating that as well), so I know that I am likely not judging the situation impartially but really not impressed with using a phone and pretty sure I will be going back to the reader, even once full CGM is working on the phone. I think the reader's functionality could be improved but on the whole the very small benefits of the phone app in no way counteract the awkwardness of using it. Maybe if I was more tech savvy and used one of the unofficial apps it would work better for me but I am not sold on the Libre app or the iphone for that matter.
Well, just goes to show how different we all are! I found the reader clunky, non-intuitive, a pain to enter information, and a nuisance to have to carry around as well as a phone. Scanning with an iPhone is no problem if you learn to get it in the right spot, but nevertheless I’m looking forward to the update like many others!

Well, just goes to show how different we all are! I found the reader clunky, non-intuitive, a pain to enter information, and a nuisance to have to carry around as well as a phone. Scanning with an iPhone is no problem if you learn to get it in the right spot, but nevertheless I’m looking forward to the update like many others!

You are so right! We certainly are all different!!
It isn't so much the actual scanning, it is getting to that stage and the time it takes to buffer before it will scan and how long it takes to display the result and then the awkwardness of inputting data. It is having to carry my phone all the time which I really resent. It is too big and heavy to go in a trouser pocket and I can't just put it down somewhere safe when I am working at the yard or outside and it still be near enough and wearing my back pack when I am trimming horses feet or strimming or fencing just isn't practical.

You are so right! We certainly are all different!!
It isn't so much the actual scanning, it is getting to that stage and the time it takes to buffer before it will scan and how long it takes to display the result and then the awkwardness of inputting data. It is having to carry my phone all the time which I really resent. It is too big and heavy to go in a trouser pocket and I can't just put it down somewhere safe when I am working at the yard or outside and it still be near enough and wearing my back pack when I am trimming horses feet or strimming or fencing just isn't practical.
Dare I say - "horses for courses"🙂

After two weeks of having to open the phone and then open the app and wait whilst it buffers before I can scan and then wait for a result
You shouldn't need to open the app (it'll open by itself), but you do need to unlock your phone and wait for the scan to happen.

Hi all
Been following this thread for a few days, the app had just updated, but you need to scan using the phone a new sensor, sadly I put a new one on 9am this morning, typical.Screenshot_20230712_111328_Google Play Store.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_111328_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_111328_Google Play Store.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi all
Been following this thread for a few days, the app had just updated, but you need to scan using the phone a new sensor, sadly I put a new one on 9am this morning, typical.View attachment 26616
Bet it’s the same for me, I’m in the warmup period for new sensor but no app update was available before I started it.

Just updated the iOS version of the app to get the latest version and all I get is a blank screen then it crashes:( I have seen lots of other people getting this issue too. Thank goodness Shuggah is still working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back