Freestyle Libre 2 to become real time continuous glucose monitor in UK from mid July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not have been authorised by Abbott, we don’t know who has leaked it. Can’t imagine it’s a current employee, though, if they want to keep their job!
I believe some of the admin that run the Facebook group are either Abbott shareholders, or participate in patient user groups that Abbott use for their products.

Of course, one would have expected a general announcement in the news media and on television to have taken place first.

hopefully it will run smoothly and give libre users new functionity, but libre have previos for c*cking IT up

I wonder if the updated libre 2 (realtime) will still need the 1 hr start up?
Hello,

The “hour period” on start up is in place to allow the sensor to adjust to the hectic surroundings with the interstitial fluid when the sensor is applied. From my understanding.

Knowing how shambolic Abbott handle any news? Though I have no issue with the products. I’ll see what it can do for me, when it happens.

Hello,

The “hour period” on start up is in place to allow the sensor to adjust to the hectic surroundings with the interstitial fluid when the sensor is applied. From my understanding.

Knowing how shambolic Abbott handle any news? Though I have no issue with the products. I’ll see what it can do for me, when it happens.
Hello,

I wonder if the updated libre 2 will allow fixing and starting of the new sensor an hour before the old sensor ends? So no missing data. Must be possible.

Have there been any further updates or communication on this?
It’s not mid July yet. I’d expect that’s when we’ll hear officially.

Just had a conversation with DSN who has confirmed they have been told this is happening and should take place from this month, July.

I was told you would receive a notification in the app with some instructions.

That’s all I know.

I was asked whether I wanted to switch back to Libre 2 or stay on 3, she said it made no difference to her.

She said something about moving forwards Libre 3 would be used for people on pump therapy only.

Be interesting to see when people start receiving info/notifications.

Be interesting to see when people start receiving info/notifications.
I start my next sensor on the 12th in the training session so hoping before then and not just after

I had my training session this morning and when i enquired i was told that ‘exciting things are coming and to update the app when prompted’ so I would take that as official confirmation but still no date.

My Freestyle Libre 2 READER is working but will not charge and has run out of battery. I have have contacted Abbots, the company as they are not selling the readers online anymore. I use mine when it's not appropriate to have a phone or when I want to be more discreet. I cannot find one to buy apart from on amazon at £238! Waiting for Freestyle to come back to my enquiry. Has anyone got one they do not use and that I could buy? Thanks

My Freestyle Libre 2 READER is working but will not charge and has run out of battery. I have have contacted Abbots, the company as they are not selling the readers online anymore. I use mine when it's not appropriate to have a phone or when I want to be more discreet. I cannot find one to buy apart from on amazon at £238! Waiting for Freestyle to come back to my enquiry. Has anyone got one they do not use and that I could buy? Thanks
Why not just wait for replacement from abbot?

I do, I never use it! I think i used it once or twice when I first got my libre but then just found it easier to switch to phone as it was just another thing taking up space in my pancreas party bag. Happy to dig it out and see if it holds a charge after being left in a drawer for almost 2 years!

I also have a spare if needed. Happy to post it if you haven't already found one =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back