Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josh DUK - I've just noticed that it's still possible to share posts on social media - I had thought people asked for this function to be disabled and you disabled it, or am I imagining things? I am very unhappy about the thought of it being possible for anyone to share anything I say on Facebook and similar places: it would make me feel I didn't want to use this forum any more.

I still can’t see mine or anyone else’s signatures at the bottom of posts. All my settings are set to display then so I don’t understand. It’s not a major problem but I enjoyed seeing what people had to say.

Merrymunky - not sure about in this version of Xenforo, but in some versions, signatures don't show on phones (and maybe tablets), if used in portrait mode. Could this be relevant?

Yup DuckDuckGo is a search engine and I use it as a default - you get very different results to Google which is dominated by paid for advertising. Only use google if I want to buy something and want to see who is selling what. To get rid of adds I use Firefox as browser with the Adblock and Ghostery addons. Virtually eliminates ads and snooping.

@Josh DUK - I've just noticed that it's still possible to share posts on social media - I had thought people asked for this function to be disabled and you disabled it, or am I imagining things? I am very unhappy about the thought of it being possible for anyone to share anything I say on Facebook and similar places: it would make me feel I didn't want to use this forum any more.
I agree totally. I do not use Facebook, or any other of the social media. To think my posts could easily be posted on these sites appals me, apart from being an illegal breach of my privacy. Until this function is disabled I will not be making any more posts on this forum.

@josh.
Here's another bug for you to mull over, I'm sorry! Will try to explain the best I can.

Above where I log in there's a box that says 'Stay logged in' with the option to do so ~ or not. So I tap on the 'tick' in the box coz I don't wish to stay logged in and the box becomes blank. Just what I want and I can go on my business reading & answering members posts as per.

However, the next time I go to log in, the box has a tick in it again indicating 'Stay logged in'. I dont want to stay logged in when I'm not on line and more to the point, who is ticking on that box to stay logged in? I don't get it! Seems I stay logged in whether or I want to or not!

I never had this problem with the old system. Hope you can suss this one out. Thanks.
WL

Last edited:
Merrymunky - not sure about in this version of Xenforo, but in some versions, signatures don't show on phones (and maybe tablets), if used in portrait mode. Could this be relevant?
I did wonder if it might just be a mobile phone type problem. I only ever use the forum on my iPhone.

I still can’t see mine or anyone else’s signatures at the bottom of posts. All my settings are set to display then so I don’t understand. It’s not a major problem but I enjoyed seeing what people had to say.
I can see your signature merrymonkey and everyone else's. I wonder why you can't?
WL

I agree totally. I do not use Facebook, or any other of the social media. To think my posts could easily be posted on these sites appals me, apart from being an illegal breach of my privacy. Until this function is disabled I will not be making any more posts on this forum.

Also do not use facebook and share your concerns about ease of sharing contributions to this site with that and the other data mining behemoths. It will not stop me posting because I realise that this is a public site and anything put on here could finish up anywhere. Once you press "post" it is out of your control come what may.

I too share concerns about our posts /info being shared with faceache and other places. I am pretty careful about personal info I put on sites but over time personal info builds up, I’ve made a few slips like I am sure we all do ..So please Diabetes Uk get this sorted now rather than later and pleas let us know when it’s sorted.

I also see people posting on here with what appears to be their full name ,which is not a food idea on any site.

Last edited:
I can see your signature merrymonkey and everyone else's. I wonder why you can't?
WL

What device are you using? I’m on an iPhone. Still can’t see any.

My eyes are tired😎 Even tho I wear reading glasses I'm having to squint in an effort to read the small print!😎😱 Can you not find a way to make the font size larger please? It would be appreciated if you can do.

On a lighter note re smilies, I do like the box that drops down🙂🙂🙂 Nice one!
WL

I'm using my Tablet but I'll go on my moby to see if signatures are shown there. If they're not then I think the problem you're having is mobile device related. I'll get back to you soon as.
WL

I’ve just checked on my iPhone and like you say there are no signatures, I do have them on my iPad though.

@merrymonkey. Hi again. I'm on my moby now & have had a rekky on the last 20 posts. Alas nobodys signatures are shown on my device either. Looks like your phone has the same problem too. Sorry it's not better news hun. x
WL

I can see the banner has been changed. It's narrower. However it's still fixed width and still too big for mobile devices.
Still need to make it variable/responsive, like the actual posts, and the Unwatch, post reply and preview buttons.

Hi @Josh DUK , thanks for all the hard work. It looks very good on my laptop, and I like the separation of the different posts, the blue strip showing a quote, and the pale blue box thing with each poster's avatar - all very easy on the eyes! Thanks also for darkening the signature info 🙂

Also do not use facebook and share your concerns about ease of sharing contributions to this site with that and the other data mining behemoths. It will not stop me posting because I realise that this is a public site and anything put on here could finish up anywhere. Once you press "post" it is out of your control come what may.
I too share concerns about our posts /info being shared with faceache and other places. I am pretty careful about personal info I put on sites but over time personal info builds up, I’ve made a few slips like I am sure we all do ..So please Diabetes Uk get this sorted now rather than later and pleas let us know when it’s sorted.

I also see people posting on here with what appears to be their full name ,which is not a food idea on any site.

I‘ve disabled the sharing buttons. Though posts on the forum are available to both registered users and ‘lurkers’ (which is one of the strengths of the forum) so you should remember that whatever you are posting and sharing here is public.

the issues I was having with the page moving etc all seem to be sorted now, thanks
I've still got it. Though it doesn't move as far as the banner is narrower than it was. It still doesn't fit on screen like everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back