Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, the print size is just about readable now, there's approx 90 characters per line instead of the 130 I was getting before. 75 per line would be even better....

The big one is the wobbly screen issue! I think we have pin pointed whats causing it, so waiting for the forum architect to look over it.
No wobble now. Thanks Josh

Please will you tell me how to change the title on one of my new threads. The old forum had a box to tick to 'edit' the title.
WL

Please will you tell me how to change the title on one of my new threads. The old forum had a box to tick to 'edit' the title.
WL

There should be three dots with a arrow pointing down on the top right of your thread. Click that and it will say edit thread. Its next to the watch/unwatch button.

Thanks for moving DUKs telephone number to the left. However, the donate box is still out of view.......
20200221_152152.jpg
You can see the donate box is now situated in a margin to the far RIGHT.
20200221_152215.jpg
If the telephone number is moved a bit further to the LEFT would it not then shift the donate box to the left too.... ever mindful of the 3dots; share icon; & I don't know what the other one is above the donate box!!

Sorry to bombard you with more queries Josh ~ I'm sure we'll get there in the end!
WL

Thanks for moving DUKs telephone number to the left. However, the donate box is still out of view.......
View attachment 13271
View attachment 13272
If the telephone number is moved a bit further to the LEFT would it not then shift the donate box to the left too.... ever mindful of the 3dots; share icon; & I don't know what the other one is above the donate box!!

Sorry to bombard you with more queries Josh ~ I'm sure we'll get there in the end!
WL

Cheers for this. The forum architect is still working on it.

@Josh DUK. Thanks for all you're doing to find a happy medium for us motley crew, it's very much appreciated🙂 It's almost the weekend ~ go home ~ reeelax ~ forget the upgrade for two days and come back refreshed on Monday with a clear mind🙂 Tell your Architect to do the same ~ or are you planning to work Saturday & Sunday? I hope not coz you deserve a break. Take care.
WL

PS.
You can please some of the people some of the time;
And you can please most of the people most of the time;
But you can't please all of the people all of the time.
WL

Last edited:
View attachment 13271
View attachment 13272

WL
Looks like that whole line is still a fixed with. Unlike the posts part. If you look at the bit with the page numbers, then Jump to new and Unwatch at the right, that ajusts. I think they need to copy the code in that. Not just move things along the line in the banner. It's possible it could be in a container/box. And the box is staying the same size.

This is how it displays on a PC screen (1920 x 1080, cropped the image, using Firefox). The banner is narrower than the posts. This isn't a proble, it just shows the fixed with nature of the banner compared to narrower widths.
forum.png
If I then narrow the Firefox window I get this (same machine):
forum2.png

Can we have a facility to go to first unread please ?
Carol
Top right of the thread, next to "watch" and underneath your name and the search box, there's a button which says "jump to new", Carol - clicking that will take you to first unread. The button doesn't seem to appear on threads where you've already been to the end of the thread though, so you won't see it on all threads.

Looks like that whole line is still a fixed with. Unlike the posts part. If you look at the bit with the page numbers, then Jump to new and Unwatch at the right, that ajusts. I think they need to copy the code in that. Not just move things along the line in the banner. It's possible it could be in a container/box. And the box is staying the same size.
I'm afraid I'm not really tech savvy smart Ralph. I'm a relatively newbie where computers & suchlike are concerned. I don't have a PC or laptop, I only use a Samsung Tablet.
I use Portrait mode but switched to Landscape mode to see what you're talking about, thus...20200221_173220.jpg
....but the search icon isn't fully showing and I cant adjust the screen page!
I'm sure everything will come out in the wash so to speak. Thanks for explaining things to me Ralph. It is appreciated.
WL

I use Portrait mode but switched to Landscape mode to see what you're talking about, thus...View attachment 13276
....but the search icon isn't fully showing and I cant adjust the screen page!
I'm sure everything will come out in the wash so to speak. Thanks for explaining things to me Ralph. It is appreciated.
WL
HHmmm the tablet should really let you zoon out!
You can see in your show how the banner is ignoring how much room it has.
Have you taken a photograph of your table? Use Power button & volume down together to take a screen shot.

I tried that but couldn't do it, so I took a pic of my tablet screen with my mobile ~ then took a photo of that with my tablet!!! That photo was then stored in my Tablet gallery so I could post it here. Long way round I know!
I can zoom to enlarge the page but it won't stay like that once I start typing:( nightmare!
Blah! I give up. Will try again after my dinner. Thanks again Ralph.

In the meantime on another subject can you tell me how I can stop adverts plz. I'm inundated with them. Once I've ticked the X or said they're not relevant or not interested etc I lose what I'm working on whether its the forum, games, or emails and I'm returned to the home page and have to start again!!! It's doing my head in:(
WL

@Josh DUK Thanks so much, the screen movement problem now seems to be fixed and my eyes are no longer wobbly, so much better. As @Wirralass says, go home and have a lovely weekend after a long and stressful week but we are all very grateful for your and the teams efforts solving our problems x

I still can’t see mine or anyone else’s signatures at the bottom of posts. All my settings are set to display then so I don’t understand. It’s not a major problem but I enjoyed seeing what people had to say.

In the meantime on another subject can you tell me how I can stop adverts plz. I'm inundated with them. Once I've ticked the X or said they're not relevant or not interested etc I lose what I'm working on whether its the forum, games, or emails and I'm returned to the home page and have to start again!!! It's doing my head in:(
You def shouldn't be getting that for this (or most other) sites! I never see ads when on this forum. There are some, particular websites that do pop ups. I avoid those sites as it does my head in too!
I wonder if you've got something bad installed. Maybe try an ativirus & malware programmes.

You def shouldn't be getting that for this (or most other) sites! I never see ads when on this forum. There are some, particular websites that do pop ups. I avoid those sites as it does my head in too!
I wonder if you've got something bad installed. Maybe try an ativirus & malware programmes.

DuckDuckGo browser? I installed it on one of my other computers and the Guardian website and even the Independent are now Ad-free for me. 🙂

I still can’t see mine or anyone else’s signatures at the bottom of posts. All my settings are set to display then so I don’t understand. It’s not a major problem but I enjoyed seeing what people had to say.
Have you tried unticking the option, clicking Save and then re-ticking it and Saving again? Maybe that will reset the signatures? I just re-ticked it and can see yours and others (Windows 10 with Chrome browser).

DuckDuckGo browser? I installed it on one of my other computers and the Guardian website and even the Independent are now Ad-free for me. 🙂
I thought that was a search engine. I'm using Firefox. Search engine, Digpile & Google.

There should be three dots with a arrow pointing down on the top right of your thread. Click that and it will say edit thread. Its next to the watch/unwatch button.
Kudos Josh, you're amazing, it worked! At last I did it!:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back