Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small point that I've noticed ~ my avatar name doesn't have a capital W:( whereas everyone elses name begins with a capital letter!
Wirralass

Was it ever capitalised? Had I been asked, I would have said it was always lower case.

It seems likely someone with the relevant permissions can change it for you, but it would be utterly bizarre only for your name to have been changed.

Of course, my memory could be failing me badly.

When I touch the thescreen to start a post, my screen jumps up to the previous post/ signature so I have to scroll down again to see what I am typing.
If it’s of any help I use an iPad.

Last edited:
Just a small point that I've noticed ~ my avatar name doesn't have a capital W:( whereas everyone elses name begins with a capital letter!
Wirralass
Mine is still lower case, as it was, also eggyg's. No change!

I am finding buttons super-sensitive, so have been taken to unwanted pages when just moving the pointer from A to B.
@Josh DUK, please ignore the above point, I have worked out this is probably just me.
I have noticed an increasing tremor in my hands lately, and it is much worse when stressed - as I was when first using the new format.

@Josh DUK I don't know whether this has already been mentioned, apologies if it has. A very minor text thing on the Information section heading. It says that there is driving information as well as news on health books and useful links. But the driving forum is not in that section.

When I touch the thescreen to start a post, my screen jumps up to the previous post/ signature so I have to scroll down again to see what I am typing.
If it’s of any help I use an iPad.
This happens to me too.
It would be good if when you click to start a post it staid in the box.

If you do a reply as I have done here it does as it did before and outs a reply box on the screen including the PST to which you are replying

This happens to me too.
It would be good if when you click to start a post it staid in the box.

If you do a reply as I have done here it does as it did before and outs a reply box on the screen including the PST to which you are replying
Same here 🙂

I’m having some odd page things happen. The pages display fine but if I touch the screen to scroll they can be very wobbly in where the margins end up. Even if I stay with it centred when I hit reply everything skews.

I’m on IPad. I usually use it in landscape but this is also portrait after I’ve replied to a post and what happens as I type a reply.

Attachments

• 915D1CC6-EAF9-4898-83A4-F9FBB1A6F229.png
    915D1CC6-EAF9-4898-83A4-F9FBB1A6F229.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 6
  • D5FD12B1-E0F0-4F30-ADFE-5ECAC2445865.png
    D5FD12B1-E0F0-4F30-ADFE-5ECAC2445865.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 01B9E97F-7888-45F2-9A9C-2CACF5621BFD.png
    01B9E97F-7888-45F2-9A9C-2CACF5621BFD.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
Wirralass

I can change that for you if you want to change it?

Jolly good Josh but is anything being done to address the display issues on tablets? It really is very annoying!!!

Jolly good Josh but is anything being done to address the display issues on tablets? It really is very annoying!!!

I have been sending the bugs over the tech team. We are trying to tackle each one at a time, but I will contact them to see if they could prioritize this one first.

Thanks for the response Josh. I know bug hunting is a time consuming and sometimes thankless task but I have an inkling that there is one bug here which is causing a few issues and that it will be one of those "Doh" moments when it is found.🙂

@Josh DUK sorry to be a pest but this movement of the screen is driving me nuts, it makes my eyes go funny. I realise the tech team have a lot to do but is there anything my end I can do to fix the problem, I had the same problem with a puzzle site which I have had to stop using because of it? Sorry 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back