Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fine on my Android phone, though it does go tiny if I rotate it to landscape. (If I open it in landscape it's fine, though, so overall it's fine.)

I found my conversations by clicking on the little envelope symbol, between my name and the bell symbol, which is alerts, at the top right hand side of the page.
Thanks for that Robin.

Great to see how responsive Josh and the team are being to helping us find our way round the new format, as well as responding to any glitches. Thank you.

Reactions: Ljc
Having carefully chosen a picture to fit the shape of the frame, the change to a circular frame rather spoils the effect.

Thank you Josh and co, working my way around the site however the screen is moving about sideways when scrolling up and down, can I do anything to stop this?

I'm using my ipad in portrait mode, and I’m finding the lines of text are very long, and the print very small, as per the (hopefully) attached screenshot. Sometimes when I click on a new post, I get a brief glimpse of larger text and shorter lines, but then it jumps to long lines and small print. l. View attachment 13245
i completely agree. I have a visual impairment but before the change could enlarge it enough to comfortably read it on my iPad But now I can’t in landscape mode because the lines are too long And go off the screen. Ditto in portrait mode.
Quite disappointing as when we were originally asked for comments before the changes I thought that visual impairment would be taken into account and that quite a large number of diabetics have some form of visual impairment.
I could be wrong but I don’t think that Robin has visual impairment yet she’s also struggling to read it.

i completely agree. I have a visual impairment but before the change could enlarge it enough to comfortably read it on my iPad In landscape mode But now I can’t. Quite disappointing as when we were originally asked for comments before the changes I thought that visual impairment would be taken into account. I could be wrong but I don’t think that Robin has visual impairment yet she’s also struggling to read it.
I
I also find difficulty with small print
Carol

Signatures under our posts have vanished

Josh, I think some of the size and movement problems could be sorted if the telephone number/ donate button banner was moved to the left so that the right hand boundary matched that of the posts. If I minimise the screen to get everything in view then the writing is impossibly small.

Josh, further to last post... On my PC (Windows 10) every thing aligns perfectly with the banner (phone number and donate button) aligning with the right hand side of the main body text, so I suspect the problems reported by me and others are confined to tablets and no doubt specific to certain configurations of make and system. Good luck with sorting it out!

It seems fine so far on my iPad.

I have a couple of questions
How do I find my own threads . edit, just found them 🙂,
Find threads, which is next to new posts.

How do I change my avatar

Last edited:
Signatures under our posts have vanished
This looks to be controlled under the Preferences for your 'profile'. Just click on your avatar at the top of the forum and select preferences. There is one of the tick boxes on the right which says to display signatures with people's posts. 🙂

How do I change my avatar

It's in your account -> Your Profile. Hover over the avatar and Edit is displayed, allowing it to be changed. (Not sure what happens on something like an iPad where "hover" doesn't happen.)

It's in your account -> Your Profile. Hover over the avatar and Edit is displayed, allowing it to be changed. (Not sure what happens on something like an iPad where "hover" doesn't happen.)
Thank you . It worked.

For one glorious moment, I thought you’d fixed the print size, I got a layout I could read! But then I clicked away to something else, and it reverted to tiny.
DB15DB2C-EA52-4441-8502-D6C2CC864BC0.pngC76AA9EB-0948-4151-A979-3228BB4F9C18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back