Food ideas with photos

966 cals, 86.0gm carbs of which 51.0gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.2gm carbs)

L: Curried red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (38.7gm carbs)

D: Pork casserole, carrot and swede mash, peas, cabbage, broccoli (22.1gm carbs)

Pork and soup.jpg

914 cals, 77.4gm carbs of which 44.6gm sugars

B: Oatibix, blueberries, almond milk (24.7gm carbs)

L: Ham salad (12.6gm carbs)

D: Chicken cacciatore, carrot and swede mash, peas, cabbage (24.3gm carbs)

Oatibix and blueberries.jpgHam salad.jpgChicken cacciatore meal.jpg

Last edited:
L: Curried red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (38.7gm carbs)
Hi. Did you roast the squash and potato or just cook them in the pot from raw.

I'm doing this tomorrow and with the number of meetings in my work calendar I'm trying to decide if I want to be lazy or not.

Hi. Did you roast the squash and potato or just cook them in the pot from raw.

I'm doing this tomorrow and with the number of meetings in my work calendar I'm trying to decide if I want to be lazy or not.
I actually bought a prepared pack of diced squash and sweet potato (I'm a lazy cook!), and just put it in raw. But of course, pre roasted will give more flavour.

prepared pack of diced squash and sweet potato
I've seen them in the shops, sometimes work out cheaper and less wasteful. I'll do the soup on Friday now as it's a bank holiday and I'll have more time to do it properly. 🙂

I've seen them in the shops, sometimes work out cheaper and less wasteful. I'll do the soup on Friday now as it's a bank holiday and I'll have more time to do it properly. 🙂
I don't know if I posted the recipe, so I'm repeating it here for you.

600gm squash and sweet potato chunks
2 red peppers diced
1 onion diced
vegetable stock to poach (not too much - you can add but not subtract)
1 can light coconut milk
curry powder of your choice to taste (I used 1 heaped teaspoon korma powder)

I simmered everything except the coconut milk for 25 minutes, then I added the coconut milk for a further 5 minutes. When it had cooled, I blitzed it, and added more stock to the desired thickness.

Hadn't realised how long since I last posted, as I don't like to keep repeating the same thing day after day. But I'm making a concerted effort before my annual review and holiday

1032 cals, 43.1gm carbs of which 35.3gm sugars

B: Strawberry vanilla shake made with water and almond milk almond milk (9.2gm carbs)

L: Ham omelette and salad (9.9gm carbs)

D: Roast lamb, cauliflower cheese, peas, cabbage (8.1gm carbs)

Plus: Semi skimmed milk and Fybogel (12.8gm carbs)

Thank you for this it really helps to actually see what people can have to keep low carbs I will start taking photos to show nurse when I next have check up

Trying something new. Pan fried paneer with a side of tomato, cucumber and 2 black olives with olive oil and Italian herbs. I thought I had more olives, they come in their black brine so I didn't know I was keeping a jar with only 2 of them in the fridge! :rofl:

I like paneer, reminds me of halloumi but is not as salty. I should try with some seasoning or sauce for more flavour next time.

IMG_20240406_164101.jpg

Trying something new. Pan fried paneer with a side of tomato, cucumber and 2 black olives with olive oil and Italian herbs. I thought I had more olives, they come in their black brine so I didn't know I was keeping a jar with only 2 of them in the fridge! :rofl:

I like paneer, reminds me of halloumi but is not as salty. I should try with some seasoning or sauce for more flavour next time.

View attachment 29920
If you like curry, then try paneer, cauliflower, chickpea, butternut squash curry.

like paneer, reminds me of halloumi but is not as salty. I should try with some seasoning or sauce for more flavour next time

If you use a packet of paneer from the supermarket - Once you've cut the paneer steam for 2/3 mins or boil for 1 min. Changes the texture and make it softer like homemade paneer. (EDIT - should add that if you are pan frying it after you should pat it dry first.)

i like baked in the oven with loads of veg...

Teaspoon of oil
Few tablespoons of yogurt.
Tablespoon of a spice mix like tandoori powder or curry powder, add other things like ginger, chilli, cumin, whatever you like or a paste like tandoori/tikka paste

Mix it all up and add the paneer and a load of veg and make sure it's all coated well

Leave in the fridge for an hour and have a tray bake 20 ish mins at 180 - serve with a load of salad and a wedge of lime.

Last edited:
IMG_20240423_153114.jpg

Today's lunch. A big spinach and chickpea salad with a dressing made of greek yogurt, olive oil, salt, dill and garlic powder. I enjoyed it. Also had a carrot and a couple of crackers to use some of that hummus I opened yesterday.

I don't usually put dressing (other than oil) in my salads but sometimes I miss a little "something". I struggle to finish store bought dressings and sauces on my own, so I'm trying to find simple ones to make at home. I like the yogurt based ones because I can always use the rest of the yogurt for breakfast or dessert.

I like the yogurt based ones because I can always use the rest of the yogurt for breakfast or dessert.
yogurt + mint sauce
yogurt + mint sauce + paprika
yogurt + mint sauce + fresh coriander + paprika
yogurt, oil, mustard, dried herbs, onion powder and/or garlic powder, s+p
tahini, lemon juice, salt pepper and a splash of water
lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and mint sauce. + s+p
ACV, olive oil, wholegrain mustard. s+p

These are the ones i make the most often. i use unsweetened coconut yogurt

It's been a month since I last posted. Now I'm making a concerted effort before my annual review and holiday, plus doing my 6-month BP checks

1027 cals, 75.8gm carbs of which 49.9gm sugars

B: Strawberry vanilla shake made with water and almond milk (9.2gm carbs)

L: Ham and coleslaw roll (32.9gm carbs)

D: Chicken cacciatore, carrots, runner beans, sprouts, mixed pepper sauce (17.2gm carbs)

Chicken low carb.jpg

Last edited:
Foul day here, so off to the pool

1060 cals, 60.2gm carbs of which 31.9gm sugars

B: Chocolate almond shake made with water and almond milk (9.2gm carbs)

L: Mushroom scramble on toast (19.9gm carbs)

D: Gammon, cauliflower cheese, peas, leeks (14.5gm carbs)

E: Aquafit

Gammon dinner.jpgMushroom scramble.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's 8.30 and I was up at 1.45am.
Drove to Okehampton and picked up my friend
Drove to Bristol Airport (abt 120 miles) and dropped her off
Started home and had a comfort stop plus breakfast
Just got in, going to have a drink and bed!!!

1353 cals, 103.2gm carbs of which 38.1gm sugars

B: Chicken and sweetcorn sandwich (at a petrol station) (43.0gm carbs)

L: Ham scramble on toast (18.3gm carbs)

D: Roast chicken, cauliflower cheese, peas, carrots, leeks, cranberry gravy (25.4gm carbs)

1109 cals, 81.2gm carbs of which 42.41gm sugars

B: Cafe latte (21.4gm carbs)

L: Poached egg, baked beans, toast (19.4gm carbs)

D: Smoked haddock mornay, cauliflower cheese, peas, carrots, leeks (24.4gm carbs)

4 days to my trip to Sicily!!

1095 cals, 79.7gm carbs of which 63.9gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: Chickestrone soup (10.9gm carbs)

D: Beef and vegetable stew, cauliflower cheese, peas, leeks (27.3gm carbs)

S: Strawberry and banana spritzer (13.2 gm carbs)

Back from a lovely holiday in Sicily with all that lovely food!! Pasta, risotto, gnocci, fresh fish (although I passed on the octopus!), arancini, cannoli. So now I must be VERY good!!

Nightmare journey home though - I forgot it was Bank Holiday. Both the M5 and A38 were more like a large car park. Also there was a problem with the airport buses to the Silver Zone car park. I landed at 1.40pm and would normally be home by 4.30-5.00. It was 8pm when I finally got home. It took 90 minutes to crawl the first 15 miles.

1272 cals, 128.7gm carbs of which 65.0gm sugars

B: Apple cinnamon almond shake (20.5gm carbs)

L: Tomato soup (27.2gm carbs)

D: Red pepper and potato omelette, salad (51.3gm carbs)

S: 2 squares dark chocolate (12.7gm carbs)

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

Back