Food ideas with photos

Yesterday...
B. Creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with mixed seeds, mixed summer berries chia, psyllium, cinnamon and a tiny sprinkle of Nutty Granola. 2 cups of coffee with milk.
L. Some Manchego cheese and green olives. Aubergines and green pepper fried in olive oil. Cup of red bush tea.
EM. Chilli on a bed of cooked shredded cabbage (my favourite.. savoy) with a big dollop of full fat luxury coleslaw.
Half a glass of diet cola, a splash of cherry flavoured spring water, a splash of leftover pickled beetroot juice and topped up with water. Probably sounds disgusting but I quite like it and makes a long tasty drink.
It's all in the taste I don't knock anything till I've tried it

It's all in the taste I don't knock anything till I've tried it
That's a good attitude, I personally would skip the pickled beetroot juice tho... 😛

1493 cals, 74.0gm carbs of which 38.6gm sugars

B: Poached egg, baked beans, bacon, mushrooms (14.2gm carbs)

L: Ham and egg salad (9.9gm carbs)

D: Beefburger, new potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, leeks, sprouts and onion gravy (32.9gm carbs)

Soya mince Bolognese with carrots, onion, courgette and celery. Added a splash of red wine, some bay leaves, half a vegetable stock cube and a good amount of oregano. As always, I made enough for 2 or 3 days.

I like to have it with any type of carbs, but yesterday I just scooped it on some lettuce leaves and I'm pleased to see my BG didn't move at all. Might have other portion with some konjac fettuccine I have in the cupboard. I know some people have strong opinions about konjac products, for me is edible, just the texture is a bit strange.

IMG_20231102_164544.jpg

Soya mince Bolognese with carrots, onion, courgette and celery. Added a splash of red wine, some bay leaves, half a vegetable stock cube and a good amount of oregano. As always, I made enough for 2 or 3 days.

I like to have it with any type of carbs, but yesterday I just scooped it on some lettuce leaves and I'm pleased to see my BG didn't move at all. Might have other portion with some konjac fettuccine I have in the cupboard. I know some people have strong opinions about konjac products, for me is edible, just the texture is a bit strange.

View attachment 28121
Looks good

B. Usual creamy Greek style yoghurt with mixed summer berries and mixed seeds and cinnamon. Cup of coffee with cream
Chilli with salad and a big dollop of cheese coleslaw this afternoon. Salad was drizzled with balsamic vinegar and I crumbled blue Stilton over the top.
I have had a few olives with a mature crunchy Somerset Cheddar and another cup of coffee with cream since but levels have been drifting upwards today so had to run up the stairs 2x 20 times each time they breached the alarm level at 9.2, so haven't eaten anything else today.

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_161231505.jpg
    IMG_20231103_161231505.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3
Tonight’s dinner bolognaise pizza Sue’s is the one with Red Leicester cheese and topped with pear and peach chutney brought from the ladies at the local church
Mine has no cheese as my stomach doesn’t agree with melted cheeseIMG_0966.jpegIMG_0965.jpegIMG_0966.jpegIMG_0965.jpeg

Thanks for the compliment.
I think it would be a 500g pack of mince but I really don't weigh or measure anything. I just put a bit of this and a bit of that into my cooking knowing roughly what I am aiming for, until it looks and tastes about right. Then I find a suitable sized container/casserole to put it in.... that one was actually a bit tight as it just boiled over ever so slightly. I have just been and poured water into it to check the size and it looks to be a 2 litre casserole dish. It makes 6 portions.

It was a whole large head of cauliflower that I boiled, drained really thoroughly (important) and I added half a tub of cream cheese and a dessert spoon of wholegrain mustard to make the mash. Then I topped it with some red Leicester and black pepper which was a "speciality" cheese Ian bought me, that needed using up and the black pepper was a bit strong to eat the cheese on it's own, but worked on the top of the cauli absolutely great and gave it a bit of bite.... that is why the surface is a bit speckled with the specks of peppercorn.
I would highly recommend having it with piccalilli if you like it. It really lifts the flavour.
can i come for tea?

817 cals, 83.5gm carbs of which 47.1gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.2gm carbs)

L: HM Minestrone soup (19.0gm carbs)

D: 3-bird roast, new potatoes, cauliflower, peas, and cranberry gravy (36.2gm carbs)

E: Aquafit

Minestrone soup.JPGThree bird roast.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after a 5 week wait, due to weather and illness I think my gardener is coming. The weather actually says sunny spells although it’s raining at the moment.

1301 cals, 118.6gm carbs of which 43.0gm sugars

B: poached egg, baked beans and bacon (21.5gm carbs)

L: spinach and mushroom crispbake and salad (43.7gm carbs)

D: teriyaki chicken thigh, new potatoes, peas, cauliflower (34.3gm carbs)

Not posted for some time as I've been laid low with a streaming cold and tummy bug. Picked it up at aquafit and food has been a 4-letter word! Just getting back to eating although everything still tastes of nothing!

999 cals, 62.3gm carbs of which 45.3gm sugars

L: HM red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (20gm carbs)

D: Baked sausage, cauliflower, sprouts, green beans, carrots, onion gravy (16.5gm carbs)

Not posted for some time as I've been laid low with a streaming cold and tummy bug. Picked it up at aquafit and food has been a 4-letter word! Just getting back to eating although everything still tastes of nothing!

999 cals, 62.3gm carbs of which 45.3gm sugars

L: HM red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (20gm carbs)

D: Baked sausage, cauliflower, sprouts, green beans, carrots, onion gravy (16.5gm carbs)
Food sounds lovely
Wish you better soon

Breakfast was a half a tart apple off the tree stewed with cinnamon, with a few berries, mixed seeds and my usual creamy Greek natural yoghurt. Coffee with cream.

Lunch was another coffee with cream and a square of 70% dark choc with a spoon of peanut butter.

Evening meal was roast chicken leg and thigh with sweet potato wedges, cabbage, broccoli and courgette....
IMG_20231116_172604313.jpg

IMG_7703.jpeg

Here’s a load of ‘ancient grain’ bread from the Caldesi Italian book. Made from spelt flour, almond flour and oat bran.

Back