Food ideas with photos

Passionfruit is mostly seeds with a little juicy coating each so very different in texture. Taste wise it's quite sharp/tangy. I'm not sure how else to describe the taste apart from "tropical"
they are amazing, i used to have them nearly every day but now read that the tropical fruits are high in sugar!

they are amazing, i used to have them nearly every day but now read that the tropical fruits are high in sugar!
typical 4g per fruit
so not too bad

811cals, 69.1gm carbs of which 46.8gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.2gm carbs)
L: HM Yellow soup (16.1gm carbs)
D: Teriyaki chicken thigh, cabbage, leek, cauliflower, peas, carrots, corn (19.9gm carbs)
S: Strawberries (4.9gm carbs)
E: Aquafit

Teriyaki chicken 2.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone following my posts, you will see I fill up with a lot of vegetables - over half a plateful most times.

956cals, 73.0gm carbs of which 41.3gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Cheese omelette, baked tomato (3.5gm carbs)
D: Roast chicken, cabbage, leek, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, new potatoes(34.4gm carbs)

B Greek Yoghurt, walnut and raspberries. 7.7g
L Cheffar cheese and egg mayo salad. 19.3g
D Chicken Tikka Marsala Cauliflower rice and Raita 17.5g
Snacks mainly coffee and whipped cream and cheese 3g
Total 47.6 g carbs. 1464 cals

Yes carbs low cals high uet scales are down .
I slept all of the nights unheard off and slept yestetday afternoon. Must be the tablet. Fora bit of thirst and tiredness loving this med for weight loss.
For anyone following my posts, you will see I fill up with a lot of vegetables - over half a plateful most times.

956cals, 73.0gm carbs of which 41.3gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

D: Roast chicken, cabbage, leek, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, new potatoes(34.4gm carbs)
I have found most vegetables in the quantity i like ate 4 to 7 carbs . last night i had one heck sausage snd just the veg i normally would have

i had my usual veg and sausage casserole without the sauce and the veg alone 39 carbs normally what id like for two meals .

Lunch today...
IMG_20230819_140225124.jpg
Nothing like a good fry up with egg, black pudding and courgette but then made it a bit healthier with salad leaves cucumber and red pepper and some pickled beetroot plus a dollop of mayonnaise as I don't have any cheese coleslaw at the moment. Took 10 mins to cook and put together and was really tasty and I would estimate no more than 20g carbs ...I gave it 2 units of insulin anyway.

Not been on for some time.

977cals, 46.5gm carbs of which 28.2gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Almond vanilla shake (8.6gm carbs)
L: Mushroom and cheese omelette (0.9gm carbs) on 8" dessert plate
D: Stewed steak, sprouts, peas, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, new potatoes (20.5gm carbs) on 10" dinner plate

Cheese and mushroom omelette.jpgStewed steak dinner.jpg

My wife fancies Mediterranean Turkey-stuffed Peppers for tea. Looking at my food diary we've had that 5 times before, going back to 2021, though not since March. My post-prandial readings average 5.3 (two 5.5s and three 5.2s) so it's a good one for me. I'll test 2 hours afterwards to see if that's still the case. My money's on it being a waste of a test strip, though.

This is the recipe, if anyone wants to give it a try:-

That does sound good @Martin.A I may well have to try that recipe very soon.

As I predicted I wasted a test strip after our Mediterranean Turkey Stuffed Pepper tea. Post-prandial was 5.0, so my average for this dish (5.3) doesn't change. Shan't bother next time. Still, with a portion being only 15g carb it's not that surprising.

748cals, 66.4gm carbs of which 30.5gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Boiled egg and soldiers (14.6gm carbs)
L: 200ml Gazpacho (7.8gm carbs)
D: Roast beef, peas, carrots, broccoli, new potatoes (28.1gm carbs) on 10" dinner plate

Boiled egg and soldiers.jpgGazpacho.jpgRoast beef pieces dinner.jpg

810cals, 67.8gm carbs of which 38.3gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Scrambled egg on toast (16.4gm carbs)
L: 200ml Gazpacho (7.8gm carbs)
D: Gammon and pineapple, green beans, baby corn, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, new potatoes (27.5gm carbs) on 10" dinner plate

Scrambled egg on toast.jpg

Just returned from taking my friend to the hospital to visit her husband, then was treated to a Sunday roast by her. So a BAD carb day today

2000 cals, 190gm carbs of which 55.1gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Boiled egg and soldiers(14.6gm carbs)
L: Roast beef, small Yorkshire pudding, 2 roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, leeks, red cabbage (horrifying 108gm carbs according to my app)
D/S: 200ml Gazpacho and 8 prawn siu mar (40.6gm carbs)

1113cals, 79.5gm carbs of which 56.0gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Almond vanilla shake
L: Prawn salad
D: Lemon sole, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, green beans
S: Nectarine, 6oz beef

Lemon sole dinner 2.jpg

Last edited:
Had my diabetic review yesterday and I also booked flu and COVID jab number 5. Another review in 3 months.

913cals, 67.9gm carbs of which 45.9gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Boiled egg and soldiers (14.6gm carbs)
L: Prawn and yogurt coleslaw salad (12.2gm carbs)
D: Pork chop, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, green beans (14.6gm carbs)
S: Nectarine (10.8gm carbs)

Prawn and coleslaw salad.jpg

Last edited:
Another day taking one friend to hospital, then meeting another friend this evening. So eating out twice but still sticking to my daily carb limit through what I hope are good choices.

1393cals, 78.1gm carbs of which 42.5gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Strawberry almond shake (9.2gm carbs)
L: KFC chicken fillet salad (27.8gm carbs)
D: Tandoori chicken, salad, mushroom bhaji, poppadum, cucumber raita (25.4gm carbs)

1115cals, 57.5gm carbs of which 34.4gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Scrambled egg on toast (10.3gm carbs)
L: Ham and yogurt coleslaw salad (12.2gm carbs)
D: Salmon, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, green beans, new potatoes (19.2gm carbs)

949cals, 45.0gm carbs of which 27.2gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Strawberry almond shake (9.2gm carbs)
L: Ham and cheese omelette (1.1gm carbs)
D: Roast beef, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, new potatoes (19.0gm carbs)

Last post before I fly off on holiday for a couple of weeks. I'm self catering in order to manage my diabetes.

1430 cals, 68.0gm carbs of which 35.0gm sugars (includes daily extras of Benecol and milk)

B: Scrambled egg on toast (10.3gm carbs)
L: Spam salad (15.0gm carbs)
D: Beef burger, carrot and swede mash, peas (27.0gm carbs)

Back