Food ideas with photos

In an attempt to keep myself enjoying food I am cooking new things. Tomorrow my breakfast will be this

Please can someone help me calculate the calories 🙂

In an attempt to keep myself enjoying food I am cooking new things. Tomorrow my breakfast will be this

Please can someone help me calculate the calories 🙂
It tells you in the nutritional information. No calculation needed unless you change the ingredients.

and also this, which i can see is 159 cals 🙂

It tells you in the nutritional information. No calculation needed unless you change the ingredients.
interesting I just added the ingredients to nutra check and it calculated it differently it was 22 g protein whereas the recipe says 15g and it is 337 cal on my app but 259 on the recipe, it may be the milk I added as 30ml, they said 1 tablespoon in the app so maybe less than 30ml also is a scallion a spring onion?

My local Morrisons has frozen butternut squash
I have a fresh butternut squash waiting to be used and a pumpkin in the garden and several marrows, so not short of or in need of buying veggies thanks. The Halloumi is a sub for Paneer not the squash.

I have really got into Kvarg yoghurts too, so whoever recommended them on here, thank you. My protein levels are what I am struggling to keep high as a lot of what I eat isnt high protein, and I am bored of chicken, but eggs are a good swap too

interesting I just added the ingredients to nutra check and it calculated it differently it was 22 g protein whereas the recipe says 15g and it is 337 cal on my app but 259 on the recipe, it may be the milk I added as 30ml, they said 1 tablespoon in the app so maybe less than 30ml also is a scallion a spring onion?
A scallion is a spring onion. A tablespoon is 20mls

There is no standard to any nutritional guide.
A "best guess" more than enough, so long as the information can't be deliberately misleading.
Take them all with a pinch of salt.
(Which again can just be a guess)

Ironically, after the above, Alexa reliably informs me it's 15ml?
I just use a spoon.
But then I have many different shapes and sizes of them too!
I have a measuring spoon and weighed the contents of it and it weighted 20g and as 1g = 1ml, I concluded 20ml.

I have a measuring spoon and weighed the contents of it and it weighted 20g and as 1g = 1ml, I concluded 20ml.
Is it an older spoon? Standard tablespoon nowadays is 15ml. Also was it water you weighed? That is 1g/ml but not all liquids are

Last edited:
20221017_194520.jpg

39g carb (26g in the burger bun)

Is it an older spoon? Standard tablespoon nowadays is 15ml. Also was it water you weighed? That is 1g/ml but not all liquids are
It was a set of plastic measuring spoons. The difference between water and milk would not have shown up on my digital scales anyway.
But you are right tablespoons cover a multitude.

It was a set of plastic measuring spoons. The difference between water and milk would not have shown up on my digital scales anyway.
But you are right tablespoons cover a multitude.
I also think it may be an American website so the measurements could also be different

Wow! Lentils and rice together. Hope you can get away them both better than I do each of them separately. I love lentils but they release more glucose in my digestive system than they are supposed to contain and they are really difficult to calculate. It is very frustrating. :( I can take or leave rice but will very occasionally have a couple of dessert spoons of it to soak up the juice if I am sharing a takeaway with my partner.
I've been absolutely fine on all of the lentils I've tried so far. I usually test food 2 hours or if I have a late dinner test at bedtime. Rice has been know to cause a rise for me but lentils don't do much. (Same with chickpeas, kidney beans and butter beans). For the rice I've worked out roughly how much to have as well depending on the type of rice.

Yesterday before dinner 5.7, before bed 6.3
Sunday 4.9 before 6 after 2h. 5.8 before bed. (Rice and lentils day)
Sat was the worst but I was expecting that. Lentils. Rice. And half a roti. I went to bed with a 7.8

For me it's the bread that causes more issues.

I bought some paneer last week but not decided what exactly to do with it yet
Prepacked paneer is great for convenience but lacks the softness of fresh so...

Dice it up in to large cubes. Boil for 2 mins or steam it ~4mins.

In a pestle and mortar or grater or whatever fresh or lazy ginger garlic and fresh hot chillies until it's a paste.

Large bowl -
½tsp Ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, chilli powder
¼tsp tumeric,
fresh lemon juice.
1tsp Tomato paste
1tblsp oil mix in to a paste. Add few tablespoons of yogurt. Mix it up.

Throw the drained paneer in to the bowl with big chunks of peppers onions and other veg (celery broccoli carrots)

Leave to marinated in the fridge for a few hours and stick it in the oven for 30 mins at 180 ish in a large tray. Serve with a wrap and salad or rice or whatever you can think of.

Optional - tandoori paste or powder instead of what I said but I do both my spice blend and a bit of tandoori powder to improve the flavour of the tandoori to my tastes.

Lots of salad and stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with garlic, artichoke, tomato herbs and lots of cheese) plus a bit of leftover pasta sauce I stole from my wife's plate.

PXL_20221018_183953707-01.jpeg

20221019_182456.jpg20221019_193427.jpg

2 course tea today! Carrot Soup with Salad Bag Pesto followed by Broccoli Potato Salad Bake (blitzed a leftover potato salad with 60ml milk and a bit of cheese to make sauce for the broccoli, plus cheese sprinkled on top). Total approx 33g carbs, and under 600 calories.

(Small plate and matching bowl, which is fairly shallow)

20221020_090734.jpg

Breakfast. My little muffins/cups for today were made with 3 slices chorizo for one and 3 slices Milano Salami for the other to line muffin tin, then one vine tomato and one egg mixed with milk between the 2. Plus a coffee with a little milk. Estimated 17g carbs total, without the plums it would only be about 5g

Back