Food ideas with photos

Just eating my lunch which I premade at the weekend and froze in portions to be defrosted and then heated in the mornings, then taken to work in a food flask. My food flask was £10.99 from Trespass.

Todays lunch is brown vegetable rice (half the portion it reccomended on the pack, cooked with added veg), and chilli (made this with half mince and half lentils then added kidney beans and various veg). Does have quite a few carbs because of the rice beans and lentils but quantities could easily be adjusted to suit your targets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6
Only looked at a few, made me realise my lunch was rubbish! :D

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 3.56.57 PM.png
This was my main meal yesterday. Home made keto sandwich bread with fewer than 1g carb per slice with cream cheese and ham inside the sandwich. Home made coleslaw made with grated white cabbage 1/4 of a small one), 4 radishes, 1 chopped spring onion, a quarter of a small carrot, Hellman's organic mayonnaise and a splash of vinegar and half a teaspoon of dried dill and a quarter teaspoon of Dijon mustard. The coleslaw was enough to share with my husband who had a slightly larger portion than mine and had his ham etc in a Greek style flatbread.

Only looked at a few, made me realise my lunch was rubbish! :D
I do sometimes have less impressive, less healthy things, but I don't always post those 😉

Dinner tonight was a risotto marinaded hosin chicken breast with onions, carrots, garden peas and yellow peppers with vegetable stock
Don’t know about carbs ? But tasty

Attachments

• 07CD0A4C-712C-4D45-9D98-7376DE478637.jpeg
    07CD0A4C-712C-4D45-9D98-7376DE478637.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
  • FD9E1D92-7302-4CFE-8F32-49EAB30A8F63.jpeg
    FD9E1D92-7302-4CFE-8F32-49EAB30A8F63.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 7
I do sometimes have less impressive, less healthy things, but I don't always post those 😉
Same. I eat everyday but i post here couple of times a week. But that's also because you guys don't need to see the same thing over and over again.

Also... Half the time it isn't anything special or pretty. Tonight I'm having a Quorn southern style burger (8g) and veg and salad. Pretty boring really.

Tonight’s dinner home made triple cooked chips, marrow fat peas, chicken breast wrapped in bacon baked in garlic butter and gravy made from the meat juice mixed with bisto 2EE84572-E9DD-4723-9720-BE4AE9CADA8C.jpeg

Sage and Onion Sausages (Vegan) with tomatoes onion and brocolli, this was lunch/dinner combined will just have some cashews and a yoghurt later to keep within carbs and calories 🙂

Attachments

• vegan sausages.jpg
    vegan sausages.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 6
My meals over the last few days, all seem not to spike, there is one rogue one in there though, see if you can spot itBacon and Egg.jpgbeef casserole and veg.jpgbraised beef with cabbage and veg.jpgbrownies.jpgcauliflower satay with brown rice and veg.jpgcod in parsley sauce and veg.jpgcod in parsley sauce and veg.jpgSpinach Omelete with runner beans.jpgstir fry with mince and extra veg.jpgnormal vegan sausages with onion and tomato.jpgomelete with tomatos.jpg

Yummy! Did you have the cake on it's own or with a meal?

Can someone do a pic of their plate next to a tape measure? Interested to see the physical volume - can't really judge without a point of reference. Thanks

Kinda lazy today. I used a uncle Ben's microwave rice, this is just under half a pack. Served with a homemade curry, quorn, black chickpeas. also threw in some broccoli to bulk it out because I needed more veg.

PXL_20221013_185544981-01.jpeg

A couple of photos from the past week - this one is leek & cabbage & broccoli soup (tastes better than the colour suggests!) with a small piece of cheesy bread and butter pudding - approx 1.5 slices of a medium carb bread, with a bit of cheese and egg & milk, 38g carbs

20221010_193800.jpg

Then this is a small amount of 5 colour pasta (approx 50g uncooked) with salad bag pesto and coleslaw & chicken quiche, 42g carbs

20221014_142509.jpg

And fried chicory, cherry tomatoes (added to the pan when chicory nearly done just to soften a little) with sausages in "lighter Danish bread" and burger sauce, 37g carbs

20221015_204825.jpg
Forgot to take a tape measure pic, will have to do that later

Attachments

• 20221015_204825.jpg
    20221015_204825.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 4
I needed to use a salad bag up, so this is spring onions, cherry tomatoes, crispy salad leaves, 2 sliced sausages and homemade (salad bag) pesto. Not low fat but low carb (approx 20g) and under 500 calories for a very full plate! Tape measure added for you @andyp64 - I wasn't sure if you would prefer inches or cm.

20221016_184531.jpg

Oh I didn't take a photo today I was in wayyyy too much of a rush. Lentils and rice and I topped it off with some baked tandoori paneer cubes

I bought some paneer last week but not decided what exactly to do with it yet

Oh I didn't take a photo today I was in wayyyy too much of a rush. Lentils and rice and I topped it off with some baked tandoori paneer cubes
Wow! Lentils and rice together. Hope you can get away them both better than I do each of them separately. I love lentils but they release more glucose in my digestive system than they are supposed to contain and they are really difficult to calculate. It is very frustrating. :( I can take or leave rice but will very occasionally have a couple of dessert spoons of it to soak up the juice if I am sharing a takeaway with my partner.

I make a butternut squash, cauliflower and chickpea curry and then add some dry fried/grilled cubes of paneer.
I use halloumi instead (easier to find in the supermarket) and like you I put it in my cauliflower curry... Yum!

I use halloumi instead (easier to find in the supermarket) and like you I put it in my cauliflower curry... Yum!
I usually buy in COSTCO but as most of the supermarkets locally cater for an Asian population it is available. But yes halloumi is a good alternative. We also like halloumi with Portobello mushrooms and spinach.

Back