Does anyone else struggle with checking their BG consistently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that will make for a good night's sleep.... Not!
Fingers crossed you get some sort of diagnosis from this rather than continuing to be left in the dark about your classification. Look forward to reading your next update.

bizarrely i've received an email at 10.30 this evening from the lady that performed my MODY testing. My results are in and i need to contact her on her mobile tomorrow.
What a random time to hear! Hopefully you’ll get a definitive answer!

I bet that will make for a good night's sleep.... Not!
Fingers crossed you get some sort of diagnosis from this rather than continuing to be left in the dark about your classification. Look forward to reading your next update.
Thankyou Barbara ! I slept ok, mainly because I’m pretty sure I wont be any further forward after the call so I’m trying to manage my expectations

*patiently waits for update*

And so the wait continues! Sorry Emma! :(

As you know there’s a forum full of folks here that will support you!

Did they mention what your next steps are?

Thanks Scott,
Nope she had literally nothing else to say other than back to the drawing board. 🙄

Thanks Scott,
Nope she had literally nothing else to say other than back to the drawing board. 🙄
Maybe LADA? Have you discussed that with them? I was Googling it last night to see if it was something that was covered by the same blood test

awww ems. I know its great news that you don't have to worry about the kids' risks, its not really a diagnosis that helps you.
super massive from the bottom of my heart hugs <3

Maybe LADA? Have you discussed that with them? I was Googling it last night to see if it was something that was covered by the same blood test
My consultant doesn’t really like the term LADA, but I am antigad positive. My insulin production is ok so I have no clue. No they won’t test for lada at the same time as MODY. Can’t remember which test you have had up to now Scott to determine your type ?

awww ems. I know its great news that you don't have to worry about the kids' risks, its not really a diagnosis that helps you.
super massive from the bottom of my heart hugs <3
Ahh thanks. That’s the one thing that made me feel better, got lots of kids, sisters nieces and nephews and a pregnant daughter! Don’t have to worry about them all now xx

My consultant doesn’t really like the term LADA, but I am antigad positive. My insulin production is ok so I have no clue. No they won’t test for lada at the same time as MODY. Can’t remember which test you have had up to now Scott to determine your type ?
For me I’ve had the antigad test to rule out T1, then straight to genetic testing.

I think LADA is a C-peptide test?

For me I’ve had the antigad test to rule out T1, then straight to genetic testing.

I think LADA is a C-peptide test?
I know you have probably told me this before but are you GAD negative then ? And have you not had a c-peptide ?

I know you have probably told me this before but are you GAD negative then ? And have you not had a c-peptide ?
I can’t even remember anymore :rofl: I’ll need to checkthe letter I got once I get home.

Never had a c-peptide test that I know of. Still waiting to get access to MyDiabetesMyWay to see everything I’ve had and all my results lol

Over 120 days now. Still haven’t got my results but I did get access to MyDiabetesMyWay this morning.

I’m listed as being Type 1 on record, which threw me off a little bit as I thought i was closer to Type 2, so that’s something I want to keep an eye on…

Hi Scott, I thought about you the other day. Thought you may still be waiting! Shouldn’t be too long now surely. Does it show any antibody testing online ? Can’t remember if you said you had had any done or not. My latest title is LADA. My dad had a LADA when I was little, it was brown and ugly, that’s all I can think of when I hear the word an ugly old clapped out banger :rofl:

Hi Scott, I thought about you the other day. Thought you may still be waiting! Shouldn’t be too long now surely. Does it show any antibody testing online ? Can’t remember if you said you had had any done or not. My latest title is LADA. My dad had a LADA when I was little, it was brown and ugly, that’s all I can think of when I hear the word an ugly old clapped out banger :rofl:
Can’t seem to see anything about the antibody testing. I can only see my previous hba1c results, but I might need to do a bit more digging when I’m home, because it’s quite tricky to use the website on my phone :rofl:

Did you finally get an answer then? 🙂 How does LADA differ from the others?

Yeah have a look, I would be surprised if they have put you down as type 1 without testing and if they have then they need to do some! LADA is just a really slow progressing type 1. That’s where the antibodies come in, see I have a small amount of antigad 65, I think there are 4 antibodies and these attack the insulin producing cells in the pancreas. There isn’t a huge amount of difference apart from that. A LADA is still technically a type 1 it’s just we like to self destruct at a more leisurely pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back