Does anyone else struggle with checking their BG consistently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait...you have coffee and didnt share 😡

now thats a party :rofl: who is brining the extra insulin for the crackers?
I will be happy to bring insulin (as long as you don't mind Fiasp 🙄 ), port and maybe some olives as well as the lancets for a St Swithin's day party on Friday. 😎 Whose pad are we rocking up at? Hope you have good taste in cheese Emma?? A nice blue Stilton for me please or I've got a real thing for Manchego at the moment plus the usual suspects... a good mature Cheddar, maybe a nice Lancashire or Cheshire or even a vintage red Leicester?

I will be happy to bring insulin (as long as you don't mind Fiasp 🙄 ), port and maybe some olives as well as the lancets for a St Swithin's day party on Friday. 😎 Whose pad are we rocking up at? Hope you have good taste in cheese Emma?? A nice blue Stilton for me please or I've got a real thing for Manchego at the moment plus the usual suspects... a good mature Cheddar, maybe a nice Lancashire or Cheshire or even a vintage red Leicester?
Probably not to everybody's taste but I like Italian hard cheese. Favourite meal at the minute, whole little gem lettuce leaves shaved Italian cheese and make them into chicken wraps… lovely

Didn't get any results through but I've been referred by the endocrinologist for yet another blood test! Only had one three weeks ago! Feels like I'm getting blood taken every other week...

I saw a notification and got excited...boo
any idea what bloods they want this time?
Didn't you know you open yourself up to everyone wanting a piece (or vial) of you now? :rofl:

I saw a notification and got excited...boo
any idea what bloods they want this time?
Didn't you know you open yourself up to everyone wanting a piece (or vial) of you now? :rofl:
Nope! I’ve started asking when I’m there now. A while back I had an appointment which was basically a chat with the endo and she asked if I could do blood samples while k was there. They took about 5/6 vials, but I didn’t even know what they were for. Then didn’t hear anything back.

Got another appointment to get more blood taken at the hospital, so o asked what it was for, and it was for my MODY testing, which I’m still waiting on the results obviously.

Then I got requested for blood tests at the GP. I asked what for. This time was for my hba1c.

Now I’ve got this one next week, so I’ll be asking the nurse when I get there :rofl:

Then I’ve got my retinopathy test the week after! Busy busy haha!

Possibly a repeat of something that’s already been tested I’d imagine if it’s requested by your endo.

I was super nice the other week, Drs was doing bloods (non D related) and i offered the dsn a few free vials while I was at it :rofl:

Possibly a repeat of something that’s already been tested I’d imagine if it’s requested by your endo.
It's strange, because it's a hospital that I've never been to before (even though it's more local to me)

From memory my very first endo appointment , by blood tests were hba1c, thyroid, I want to say amalayse (probably not spelt right) and other pancreatic enzymes, prolactin, kidney and liver function. Cpeptide was done at the same time but was urine most hospitals prefer blood cpeptide.

From memory my very first endo appointment , by blood tests were hba1c, thyroid, I want to say amalayse (probably not spelt right) and other pancreatic enzymes, prolactin, kidney and liver function. Cpeptide was done at the same time but was urine most hospitals prefer blood cpeptide.
I wish I had paid more attention at my first endo visit. I'm sure they told me everything that was getting done and what was getting taken for what, but as soon as I left the room the info went out my head

I wish I had paid more attention at my first endo visit. I'm sure they told me everything that was getting done and what was getting taken for what, but as soon as I left the room the info went out my head
Well results requested by your doctor will be available through their website but the hospitals will be on a different system. Don’t worry I don’t listen either, I’m usually having a full blown panic attack when I’m in hospital , but that time I was sent from one hospital to another with a printout of requested bloods, so although I don’t listen I do have a photographic memory :rofl:

Well results requested by your doctor will be available through their website but the hospitals will be on a different system. Don’t worry I don’t listen either, I’m usually having a full blown panic attack when I’m in hospital , but that time I was sent from one hospital to another with a printout of requested bloods, so although I don’t listen I do have a photographic memory :rofl:
I'm in NHS Scotland, so we can't see our records online. To do so, I think we need to request to see it via the doctor.

Yeah I got my little results sheet with all my hba1c stuff, cholesterol, blood pressure for every visit I went to. Then had a wee questionnaire on the back like "how are you coping?" and "what goals do you want to work on?" :rofl:

Ahh your Scottish … I didn’t realise. Yes I also had to request permission from gp to access results but there was no problem with that and it was done virtually immediately. Those questions are easy
How are you coping… I’m not
What goals do you want to work on… not being diabetic

Ahh your Scottish … I didn’t realise. Yes I also had to request permission from gp to access results but there was no problem with that and it was done virtually immediately. Those questions are easy
How are you coping… I’m not
What goals do you want to work on… not being diabetic
That's pretty much what I put :rofl:

mydiabetesmyway has some labs on it if you are registered on there (annoyingly not all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back