COVID and Flu Boosters

I had the Flu and Covid vaccine on Saturday and felt rough Saturday night and Sunday and missed work Monday.I had high BG and 2 hypos but feeling a lot better today.

Got mine tomorrow and until I saw this thread hadn't even thought about the impact on my blood sugars. Guess I need to remember I'm not quite as fit and healthy as I keep thinking I am 🙂

Flu jab done , and just aware of where it went in. Very smooth operation by GP practice in neighbouring church. COVID booked for Thursday (like you @Docb -keep local pharmacy going).

I hope your arm is on the mend @eggyg . I am one who likes ironing!! Crisp ironed cotton sheets -bliss. A definite one for my desert Island discs luxury.

I had the Flu and Covid vaccine on Saturday and felt rough Saturday night and Sunday and missed work Monday.I had high BG and 2 hypos but feeling a lot better today.
It is interesting how it impacts each of us. Glad that you are on the mend now Chris

Both of my jabs booked at lunchtime today. Urggh...... oh well best get it over with. No word on the shingles jab yet. Poor husband had a 2 day AF episode after his jabs last Saturday. Don't know if it was related, but all the tests at hospital came back clear. Brought him home yesterday morning.

Got mine tomorrow and until I saw this thread hadn't even thought about the impact on my blood sugars. Guess I need to remember I'm not quite as fit and healthy as I keep thinking I am 🙂
I do not see myself as unfit because I have diabetes.
Vaccines affect everyone but many don't know how because they don't measure themselves as much as we do.

My BG was affected by recent surgery when I had my jab and didn't spot any further impact.
I did notice the dead/bruised arm. My recent surgery was on a broken elbow which had resulting in swelling and bruising. The jab was in the same arm. Overnight, I was confused how the bruising had made its way up into my bicep making it even harder to sleep on that side. In the morning, I remembered it was the jab not the surgery. o_O

Just been in and out on the conveyor belt, it was my diabetes nurse doing the jabs at the table I was sent to! I complimented her on them being the gentlest 'sharp scratches' I've ever experienced. Touch wood, I've never had high BGs after any jabs, and no SEs..there’s always a first time, I suppose, I shouldn’t tempt fate!

I had my second shingles jab in August was sore for several days. I booked covid flu at local surgery weeks ago. Due second Saturday in November. Last year had separate days. I'm taking my sister tomorrow. I'm slightly concerned because I went to my language class this week having missed three lessons to my cold bug and all who had had two jabs together said how awful they felt including one who said she could hardly walk and another who said she felt floored. We are all retired but active and the one who was floored plays international sport and is very active. The person who had them on separate days was fine. Fingers crossed.

@saffron15 I think that is just another example of us all being different.
As a full time worker, I chose to have mine both on the same day to minimise impact to my working week. Apart from a sore arm, I felt fine.
This is the same as I have done for the last 3 years and been fine every time.

The only caveat I would add is, being under 65, I probably had a different covid jab to your retired friends.

Both of my jabs booked at lunchtime today. Urggh...... oh well best get it over with. No word on the shingles jab yet. Poor husband had a 2 day AF episode after his jabs last Saturday. Don't know if it was related, but all the tests at hospital came back clear. Brought him home yesterday morning.
I hope he is over it now, my other half has it occasionally. When he was in hospital a year ago with a severe Crohn's flare up he had it contiguously and kept expressing concern expecting them to get the cardiologist but not a bit of it. He was sent an urgent cardio appointment for 8 months time but once home he arranged a private appointment and they reassured him it was not life threatening and booked an echocardiogram. He was prescribed what they called a pill in the pocket to take if the episode lasted more than a day, he has not had to use it to date. He does have ongoing medication for it.

I hope he is over it now, my other half has it occasionally. When he was in hospital a year ago with a severe Crohn's flare up he had it contiguously and kept expressing concern expecting them to get the cardiologist but not a bit of it. He was sent an urgent cardio appointment for 8 months time but once home he arranged a private appointment and they reassured him it was not life threatening and booked an echocardiogram. He was prescribed what they called a pill in the pocket to take if the episode lasted more than a day, he has not had to use it to date. He does have ongoing medication for it.
I was about to say he is fine as his heart went back to normal yesterday but it is fibrillating again this morning. He is on regular medication and has an extra pill to take if episodes don't resolve within a few hours. Will see how the day goes....

Back