COVID and Flu Boosters

both me and hubby booked in for both jabs on the 21st October just wondering if its ok to have the jab in the arm with my libra on as I think they would put one in each arm

Should be fine. I've been having both vaccinations on the same day for a couple of years and I've been continuously wearing Libre sensors for longer than that.
thanks it will be the first time for me with both on the same day, I have always felt really bad for up to a week with both the jabs so didn't want it to effect the libra working as well

Well thats me vaxxed up… if your having one put something on that goes right the way up your arm… I had to get 1/2 undeessed because my sleeve wouldn’t go up high enough!!

booked mine for Saturday morning both at same time this year 😎

Mine done this morning at the crack of dawn, in and out in 10 mins and yes they do it quite high up on the arm, not quite the shoulder but almost.

Had my Covid booster done about 2:00pm. Two hours later hit by a wave of tiredness as if I had done multiple physio sessions but so far no painful arm like the spring. Doing ready meal as last time I tried cooking when I fell so tired a got a small but painful burn! :(

Had my Covid booster done about 2:00pm. Two hours later hit by a wave of tiredness as if I had done multiple physio sessions but so far no painful arm like the spring. Doing ready meal as last time I tried cooking when I fell so tired a got a small but painful burn! :(
Now mine was completely opposite, really sore arms this time but none last. It was done on Thurs but OK now, no other effects.

This morning, I got up early for the weekend and dressed in my “stab vest”. There’s nothing special about it except I have warn it for all my other covid jabs. It is tighter than other t-shirts I have been hauling over my broken arm but I was pleased when I managed it.
I debated which arm I wanted to use for both jabs. I have had both flu and covid in the same arm for the last two years and I see no reason to end up with two dead arms. So, did I want to use my broken arm or deaden the only one that works properly?
I went down the the GP surgery where the waiting room was split between over 65 and under 65. I went to the reception to make sure I was on the list. They took my name, date of birth and asked what time I thought my appointment was. I got all of this correct.

I got the day wrong. 😱
I’ll repeat the stab vest and debate with myself on Tuesday morning but hopefully have something to show for it.

Flu jab yesterday, Covid jab booked for October 13. Then a few weeks needle free, Hba1c in November. NEXT. Form an orderly queue o_O.

I had my Flu Thursday, my Covid is next Wednesday, and then I am having my second Shingles the following Wednesday.

Ohh, not eligible for Shingles jab, YET. No doubt I will be able to add that one ro my October list eventually.

have mine 19:50 on Tuesday at the doctors surgery. Good to see the practice diabetes nurse getting some overtime.

Ohh, not eligible for Shingles jab, YET. No doubt I will be able to add that one ro my October list eventually.
I thought the shingles vaccine was a one off and not like flu and covid with multiple strains that vary year on year.
Unless I am wrong, it will not be part of your ongoing October list.
Details are here

Shingles jab is definitely a one off. And, to the person who says they hate jabs - this one is 1,000% better than having ruddy shingles!

Oct 7th for flu jab. Haven't heard about Covid yet. First time for flu jab in 20 years!! Don't intend to spend Christmas in hospital this year
I was just wondering if Wales had also been sending invites.
We are same age, and with CKD I should get the covid booster, but have yet to be contacted for either flu or covid jab

Last edited:
Was are same age, and with CKD I should get the covid booster, but have yet to be contacted for either flu or covid jab
You don’t need to be contacted to book your jabs in England at least

Back