Before Tea/Evening Meal

Someone help me out here before supper it was 11.2 and now its 6.2 two hrs . i had fish pie and a coffee with cream . i would have thought it would have gone up a little .
Could be you had something on your finger or a dodgy strip. Always worth a retest if you hadn't expected as much as 11.2 from what you had eaten.

Mine started the day high and has got stuck. Tonight was 10.2 so have injected and waiting a while.
My Diabetes Nurse said never take Insulin with out anyfood, i said i have to if my Glucose levels are high like on 10-12 i would take 6-8 units of Novorapid insulin mu correction dose, the next sentance she said are you taking any correction doses, i just told her that yeas i am lol.

Could be you had something on your finger or a dodgy strip. Always worth a retest if you hadn't expected as much as 11.2 from what you had eaten.
I did expect it as I had the M&S sandwich. of sweetcorn and tuna. Yes, bread and I do not get on but hubby seems to be right it goes up but it will come back down. I have no idea why, sometimes it does other times it doesn't. My proof for keeping to the diet on holiday really renders me as if I have no idea why it does, does not add up. And yes I washed my hands before and that was actually the best of the two hands.

I did expect it as I had the M&S sandwich. of sweetcorn and tuna. Yes, bread and I do not get on but hubby seems to be right it goes up but it will come back down. I have no idea why, sometimes it does other times it doesn't. My proof for keeping to the diet on holiday really renders me as if I have no idea why it does, does not add up. And yes I washed my hands before and that was actually the best of the two hands.
If a sandwich is the only option I usually don't eat the crusts.

Someone help me out here before supper it was 11.2 and now its 6.2 two hrs . i had fish pie and a coffee with cream . i would have thought it would have gone up a little .
Could I please ask at what point did you take your insulin knowing that you were going to eat?

Could I please ask at what point did you take your insulin knowing that you were going to eat?
i don't use insulin as a fatty type two . im rather insulin resistant than not having any .

If a sandwich is the only option I usually don't eat the crusts.
I only had half . it was down again this morning to 6.8 f2f . before b fast it was 5.6 then post bfast 8.9 so you can guess what i ate for bfast this morning .

And it was a happy 5.8 for me pre-dinner on this absolutely beautiful day.

Six hours spent gardening today so I'm off to bed soon.

I was 5.7 after a day spent snacking and not doing much - oh, we went to Baddesley Clinton (National trust place in Warwickshire).

A rather higher than usual 9.1 for me pre-dinner this fine day.

Must have been that Mars bar I had with my coffee at 4.30 when I got home from my bike ride.

Hi all I am type 2 diabetic and my HB1C is around 8.2 since last 4 years so far and my doctor still put me in metphormin in London. But now slowly my eye bottor nerves started shivering. Any suggestions how to reduce my hb1c levels?
I am not sure 8.2 is ok or dangerous?

Ended up having a very late tea tonight number was 12.6 but had a snack an hour beforre before the snack was 6.5

Hi all I am type 2 diabetic and my HB1C is around 8.2 since last 4 years so far and my doctor still put me in metphormin in London. But now slowly my eye bottor nerves started shivering. Any suggestions how to reduce my hb1c levels?
I am not sure 8.2 is ok or dangerous?

Hello @m4madhav ! You are slightly in the wrong directory. Your HbA1c is definitely to high. In fact unless it is below 8.0 most hospitals will not perform routine surgery - in some cases it may be below 7.5 or 7. Your target should be 6.5.

You don't say if you are diet alone, diet plus Metformin or diet plus other drugs. The main treatment for Type II is diet, exercise and achieving a normal BMI (which you may be already).

From my days on the committee of Diabetes Support Group I would recommend a Mediterranean style diet limiting carbs (not just sugars) to 80gn - 100gm per day. Be especially wary of fruit as you can inadvertently consume more sugar, as fructose, than intended.

Good luck!

Back