Before Tea/Evening Meal

Weird, not sure what is going on with my levels.
Just a 25 minute walk home and I was feeling a bit funny.
IMG_5508.jpeg

And it was a 5.1 for me pre-dinner this fine sunny evening......

4.5 after getting a lift home after work - followed by a pub visit, the beers and piles of crisps!
IMG_5518.jpeg

And it's a 7.4 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

5.6 for me, after a burger in five guys for lunch.
Yum.
I occasionally treat myself and levels seem to come back down afterwards without a problem.

7.2 I have had a really quiet day. My evening meal I used my own idea and just charted the items in the diet app and was pleased with the result. Piri Piri chicken with stir fry veg so so tasty. yum I'll check in later and see what damage I've done but 7.2 is not in range yet.

7.2 I have had a really quiet day. My evening meal I used my own idea and just charted the items in the diet app and was pleased with the result. Piri Piri chicken with stir fry veg so so tasty. yum I'll check in later and see what damage I've done but 7.2 is not in range yet.

What range have you been set? One of my consultants wanted 3.9 to 12 but I said 3.9 to 10 but try for 3.9 to 8.

What range have you been set? One of my consultants wanted 3.9 to 12 but I said 3.9 to 10 but try for 3.9 to 8.
Not been set a range but think its 4-7 and under 9 after.
However as my HBA1c was 108 and I am not on medication I am getting there and doing well.

I don't have tea on Friday - we finish early, so I leave the office, browse the record shops (Today bought second hand LP by Japan and reissue by Ride) and have some lunch and coffee. About the only time I get to myself without hassle from kids/etc, although I did get hassled via text message!

Piri Piri chicken with stir fry veg so so tasty. yum I'll check in later and see what damage I've done .
7.4 so i think thats a good one.

7.4 so i think thats a good one.
I'm happy with anything under 10, my target range was set between 4 and 10 which apart from one hypo I've
been in that range for the past 14 months,

I'm happy with anything under 10, my target range was set between 4 and 10 which apart from one hypo I've
been in that range for the past 14 months,
yes i was thinking more i was 7.2 and 7.4 after the meal. So will have that again it was lovely.

I was 5.3 after a day spent snacking and lounging around… oh, setup a Linux box as Time Machine, and bought some records in Leamington Spa and mooched around an art festival - most of it too middle of the road for me, lots of the same old stuff, although I did like some work by a local glass artist.

Stuffed myself with potatoes, meat and veg for tea, after eating piles of chickpeas. About an hour later BG was 6.7. Decided to go for a short walk, just found the block, down to 4.3 when I got back. Felt very energetic!

I was 5.3 after a day spent snacking and lounging around… oh, setup a Linux box as Time Machine, and bought some records in Leamington Spa and mooched around an art festival - most of it too middle of the road for me, lots of the same old stuff, although I did like some work by a local glass artist.

Stuffed myself with potatoes, meat and veg for tea, after eating piles of chickpeas. About an hour later BG was 6.7. Decided to go for a short walk, just found the block, down to 4.3 when I got back. Felt very energetic!
Are you type 1 on meds or Type2 ? I an asking as just wonder what you do to get lovely low levels

Are you type 1 on meds or Type2 ? I an asking as just wonder what you do to get lovely low levels
Type 2, currently not taking any thing - am supposed to be on 500mg of Metformin, but have stopped it as an experiment (GP wanted me to stop it last year).

I stick to a low carb diet (Although today has not been low carb!) and try to get a walk in every day. I do find a walk + carbs leads to low levels.

Pre-dinner this fine evening it was a 6.1 for me, I'm happy with that.

Back