Before Tea/Evening Meal

I had 'dirty friday' lunch at 'German Doner Kebab' but treated myself to some spring rolls alongside the low cab 'gym box'. A couple of hours later I was at 5.1, which was weird.

Then I went to the pub, had a few drinks (Including a pint of beer, a bit naughty due to the carbs it contains) and walked home. Felt wobbly when I got in:

View attachment 25366
When I got up this morning, it had all returned to the 5s where it usually is.

I haven't had a drink since a few weeks before my amputation because of the painkillers I am on. I found with Guinness and the session ale at my then local I needed a packet of crisps to balance out the effect of the alcohol. Is was about a decade previous I gave up trying guest ales as most seem to create a teen spike and a cloudy 8% cider a hypo!

And its a ????? 3.6 for me pre-dinner this beautiful sunny and warm evening. First time
ever I've been in the 'hypo' zone, thought I was feeling shaky and weak an hour ago. Oh well,
there's a first time for everything I guess.

I haven't had a drink since a few weeks before my amputation because of the painkillers I am on. I found with Guinness and the session ale at my then local I needed a packet of crisps to balance out the effect of the alcohol. Is was about a decade previous I gave up trying guest ales as most seem to create a teen spike and a cloudy 8% cider a hypo!

I've tried stuffing myself with crisps, but it makes no difference. If I have a beer it seems to drop lower than if I just have spirits/mixers. Have no idea why, as beer is far higher in carbs!

My last reading before going out for a meal was 4.5, but that was after a walk home from the city centre.

A 5.7 for me pre-dinner this evening and that's after a day of gardening.....

About a 9 yesterday evening. Changed sensors as I was fed up with +25% one and new one took about six hours to bed in. On the meter to leaked at 11 and sensor said 3.6! :(

If I have a beer it seems to drop lower than if I just have spirits/mixers. Have no idea why, as beer is far higher in carbs!
A single shot of spirits is 1unit of alcohol, whereas a pint of beer is 3units. So I’m guessing you’re having more alcohol in a beer than in your spirit drinks, which makes more work for your liver and causes the bg drop. Depends what you’re drinking and what size though.

That’ll be it.
I drink so rarely I don’t look at the units!

I was 5.3 yesterday after a lunch salad of chicken & apple.
Then tea was salmon with fennel and orange. Delicious.
It was back down to 5.3 two hours later, although I forgot to clean my hands after handling orange and saw a 10 initially!

And a 6.8 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

After a yo-yo day starting with near hyperglycemia and over correcting with the Libre graph looking like a damped sine wave I finished about 8.6!

And it was a 4.9 for me this sunny evening after spending most of the day gardening.

Now going to cut the lawns while they are dry.....

And it was a 4.8 for this fine sunny warm day - up until 5.30 when it started to rain that is.

Raining best part of the day here but still achieved a 5.7 without any exercise, Now the sun
is shining so I may have a few-mile bike ride this fine evening.

I was 5.2.
Strangely, I find that after I've had more carbs than normal (Beer and crisps!) my readings are lower for a day or so the following day. I was 5.0 this morning, 5.1 before lunch, and 5.2 after lunch.

Anyway, today was the release day for the new Jethro Tull album (One of my favourite bands, although I was only a teenager in the late 80s when I discovered them!) so I've been listening to that as well as testing a particularly complex piece of software I'm working on. Due to the silicon shortage we had to port an embedded system to another CPU very quickly, and we ended up with two 'streams' of software, as the 'old' cpu development carried on for another product. I've spend weeks making it all work from a single project and it looks like it's all working now.

And a 6.9 for me - very close to breakfast. However, it did dip into the green mid-mirming and go into the red briefly after lunch! Had become sunny but heavy grey clouds are approaching! :( Don't get wet @Barrowman

And it was a 5.7 for me pre-dinner this fine sunny evening.

I finished cutting my privet hedges today thank the lord, I'm really getting too old for this, they are approximately
forty feet long and six foot six high in an L shape.

4.5 tonight despite fish & chips for lunch. Though there was a fair gap because I didn't feel hungry for a while.

4.4 tonight. And I weighed myself and I'm officially now only "overweight" not "obese". Not sure if that is a factor in getting more fasting/pre-meal 4s this week, or if that's mostly because I've been doing more walking

Back