Before Tea/Evening Meal

5.4 pre tea for me tonight

And 5.3 for me. At 2:30 I started physio at 11. 8 (ate extra) and after an hour I was 6.6 with a straight down arrow. Treated with 3 JBs and a Kit-Kat. Dipped the high 3s then came up and settled! Good I can keep an closer eye on things while exercising. Record drop is 12 to 4 in an hour (finger prick method)!

4.6 before lunch
6.2 after lunch.

Snack

6 before dinner
8.7 after dinner but I know I had potatoes with my meal and treated myself to 3x the amount of chocolate I would normally have after dinner, and it wasn't even dark. Just regular sugar filled dairy milk.and then it started snowing before I could go for a walk after dinner. Still have a few things to do so it'll go down quite a bit before bed.

5.0 for me. Having a snacky tea of some nuts, cheese and just a few tortilla chips as I'm not that hungry

And it's a low 4.2 for me pre-dinner this fine sunny end to Friday, even got out for a five-mile bike ride this afternoon
after such a dreadful start to the day.

Didn't get round to a pre-tea test due to rushing around trying to make the food (friend came over and I was late home due to kid missing the school transport and me having to go collect them). But post meal was 9.2 😳 maybe a couple too many biscuits for dessert with my wine....

Walked into the city centre for a record fair, had a cappuccino and walked back… felt a bit wobbly when I got in, so did a test and it was 4.2. Had a massive bowl of mushroom soup and a few slices of low carb bread (5g a slice) and a kvarg yoghurt.

Before tea was 4.8, and a couple of hours later - 4.8 again. Chicken with peppers and feta cheese and a side dish of mushrooms and peppers with konjac noodles… plus two bits of dark choccy.

Have been reading up on the circadian rhythm and how it affects blood glucose and insulin sensitivity… apparently there’s an afternoon increase in insulin secretion. Which does tie in with the low levels I seem to see in the afternoon. (When I wore libres I could see blood sugar start to fall around midday) Apparently, these changes can give non diabetics a similar reaction to rises as a pre-diabetic.

And it was a 7.5 for me pre-dinner this fine evening....

4.5 for me. I succumbed to the temptation to have 2 hot cross buns (someone gave a pack to me and I succumbed to the temptation..... Actually they gace me 2 packs, the other half of this pack is in the freezer with the 2 buns separated so I can have one at a time, and will take the second to church for someone else to have!). Then I was still hungry but it was late and I couldn't be bothered to do the roasted sprouts I had planned to do so I had some peanut/corn/choc crunch (one of the graze creations). 8.7 a few minutes ago which was 2 hours 20 so I guess not too bad for all those carbs.

And a reasnoble 7.7 after an up and down day after a bad night. Just woke adtrr a two hour nap but have headache so supper will be simple! 🙂Screenshot_20230312_182540_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

And it was a 6.1 for me earlier this evening.....

5.1 pre-supper. I had an early tea (of 2 slices of pizza... Got a TooGoodToGo "bag" from an American Pizza place) but that was in the middle of quite a lot of walking. The pre-supper reading was about 4 hours later I think :confused: . And I had one more piece of pizza as part of supper 😉. (I gave the other piece of pizza and the garlic bread from the box to my oldest kid for supper, quite happy with the deal on that - £4.33 altogether).

And a healthy 6.8 for me pre-dinner this evening which I'm pleased about after eating two bacon rolls and a KitKat whilst driving 130 miles to the Suffolk coast this afternoon.

A 4.9 before supper yesterday. Overall afternoon better than morning again. Did a Covid swab as I felt below par but it came up negative. Screenshot_20230313_183147_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

And it was a 6.8 for me pre-dinner this fine evening....

And it’s a 7.3 for me this evening.

Back