Before Tea/Evening Meal

It was 7.1(after a corenetion of 11.4 ealier only checked this time as I wanted to make sure I was on range for this evening).

Just had pancakes wasn't sure of the carb count as my house mate was making them. So just went with the flow and will deal anything occurs later
I don't need the care symbol I'm with the having guestimate and deal with things either way. When first dianoisged I would freaked out it but now sometimes it's worth it. I'm alot more comfordent now well apart with Indian that I can still freK out about I find portin sizes very hard to estimate with that so need warning if that's going to a thing. But in gernally I'm almost more coferdent that I was at first

I didn't actually take a measurement tonight, but I figured this was as good a thread as any to post my tea in! I decided to try making myself low-ish carb pancakes by using ground almonds instead of flour. Took a bit of fiddling and adding ingredients as the first one completely fell apart (though still tasted ok!) but I got to a recipe that worked for smallish pancakes in the end (50g ground almonds, 2 large eggs, 150ml milk, 1/2 tsp baking powder). Might play with it again another day, though probably not too soon as the ground almonds meant it wasn't a low calorie meal! By losing the carbs from flour I was able to have kiwi fruit and blueberries and even a little maple syrup on my pancakes and still keep the carbs for the meal to about 45g (with about 3g being because I was using up oat milk which is slightly higher in carbs than cows milk) which I was very pleased with. I made normal pancakes for the kids though, they wouldn't have appreciated mine :rofl:

5.3 for me before tea last night

And it was a 6.0 for me pre-dinner this evening.

5.5 for me yesterday.

And it’s a 5.1 for me pre-dinner this very chilly evening.

4.7 for me. Got a bit chilly at the zoo cos I forgot to grab my coat when leaving the house. So had a nice hot cup of herbal tea when we got home before thinking about making tea! It was necessary to have some cake with tea though, so I'm curious what my post-meal BG will be

Estimated 8 off Libre. The low alarm went so as I was doing washing up I didn't prick but had 3JB. Then an hour after I ate the high alarm went. Rest at 11.9 bur Libre would not read. Near four hours before it did. TIR now around 85%:(.

6.1 on about 2 hours 20 after starting to eat with 77g carbs. I'm feeling a little more inclined to think that now I have lost enough weight that my diabetes is in true remission - maybe it was 4 stone I needed to lose as I wasn't convinced at 3.5 stone that it was. Still planning on mostly sticking to low carb and trying to lose a bit more weight though

Estimated 8 off Libre. The low alarm went so as I was doing washing up I didn't prick but had 3JB. Then an hour after I ate the high alarm went. Rest at 11.9 bur Libre would not read. Near four hours before it did. TIR now around 85%:(.
Did you drop low and eat the 3 JBs after you had eaten your meal... whilst you were washing up? If so, in that scenario I would have just had 1 JB to stop the drop and then the carbs from my meal would have done the rest. It was likely the timing of the prebolus which was a little bit out. Perhaps the meal was just a little slower to digest than the insulin was to absorb.
What do you have your low alarm set it?

And it was a lowly 4.2 for me pre-dinner this evening......

Did you drop low and eat the 3 JBs after you had eaten your meal... whilst you were washing up? If so, in that scenario I would have just had 1 JB to stop the drop and then the carbs from my meal would have done the rest. It was likely the timing of the prebolus which was a little bit out. Perhaps the meal was just a little slower to digest than the insulin was to absorb.
What do you have your low alarm set it?

Think it's 4 - nursery set the alarms for me. Was starting to feel low so didn't stab myself! 😱hno'

5.7 before tea. 5.3 after chicken, cauliflower, broccoli and some chips.

4.5 before tea last night for me

Back