Before Tea/Evening Meal

I didn't test before tea this evening. I had a naughty tea though - we got food from Maccies and I had a Big Tasty and Cheese Melt Dippers... and then at craft evening where I had originally planned to not have any cakes because of the Maccies they had Lebkuchen so I had to have one of those... but did stop at the one.....

And it was a 6,6 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

Yesterday tea time 5.2

And it was a 4.7 for me this foggy evening, well it's been foggy all day actually.....

I was 5.0 today.
This was after lunch with old Uni Friends where, as a treat, I had omelette and chips and ate the lot.
I was expecting a high reading, as well. Maybe the walk home held it at bay.

Catching up here. Friday 7.2 but yesterday 9.3. Not surprised by 9.3 and expected higher. I was offered a pre Christmas chocolate éclair and could not resist. It was delicious and probably the first this century as I cannot remember when I last ate one - it may have been the swinging sixties! 🙂

There does seem a lack of posts in the last few days. Beware it is the season of temptation! 🙂

I was a bit naughty for tea - went out went out with some friends and after we'd finished the restaurant brought out four sample plates of all their sweets. Baklava, Cheese Cake, Ice cream, Brownies and other stuff. I have to admit I did indulge in a sample of each, and was quite shocked to find the BG at 6.2 an hour an hour later. I was expecting it to be far, far higher.

And a 5.4 for me this evening, pre-dinner that is.....

I was a bit naughty for tea - went out went out with some friends and after we'd finished the restaurant brought out four sample plates of all their sweets. Baklava, Cheese Cake, Ice cream, Brownies and other stuff. I have to admit I did indulge in a sample of each, and was quite shocked to find the BG at 6.2 an hour an hour later. I was expecting it to be far, far higher.

Keep an eye open for a delayed spike!

Well, twice today, I have injected 4 units for food and got distracted in the hour waiting for levels to drop into range and not eaten and then had to have emergency carbs to soak up the insulin. I think it was 9.9 tonight if I remember rightly. Jabbed 4 units knowing it would be an age before it came down, then got engrossed in something and completely forgot that I had injected the 4 units and suddenly had to eat a dark choc ginger biscuit to stop the drop and it levelled out in the mid/high 4s, so apart from that choc biscuit and some olives and cheese I have given up on the idea of a proper meal today. It was really nice speciality Manchego cheese though. :D Can't be bothered to try again with more insulin at this time of night. Disappointing and frustrating that all I got out of 8 units of insulin was a couple of JBs and a chocolate gingernut and yet the moment I go to sleep I am hypo, despite no evening Levemir! DF is just not playing fair with me at the moment!

Keep an eye open for a delayed spike!

I didn't seem to get one of those - it was 5.5 the next time I checked.

When I was on holiday and had a slice of pizza I was wearing a sensor and saw a small spike 2 hours after eating. Just went up to low sevens and then fell back down again shortly afterwards.

Back