Before Tea/Evening Meal

Did another pasta experiment at lunchtime (with a 1 hour split bolus) and clearly it went well :rofl:. Maybe a smaller portion next time, I just wanted to see if I could cope with a little bit more.
Twas yummy anyway.

Dinner will be a correction and maybe some food 😉

Haven't posted on here in a while so thought I better just to say I'm alive. I was 9.3. blood sugar's have started to be a heyeire again after setllete down for a while. But seem have no sorted my backfast and lunch radtio(even though timings still need a bit of work) also been getting worse again heath wise

7.4 for me, but levels have been persistently high all day, needing stacked corrections right from this morning after breakfaast and even this afternoon despite both vigorous and more steady prolonged exercise, it has still gone up instead of down. 🙄
i have bolused 5 units for a low carb meal of chicken casserole with savoy cabbage tonight which should need no more than 2u and still not budging an hour later. Hate it when it is like this and I am constantly fighting to keep levels from hitting double figures, despite increasing my basal last night and this morning.... and the night before. My liver can certainly knock out some glucose when it wants to!! I have no idea how much Levemir to inject tonight. After all that exercise I would usually need a reduction, but not looking like it at the moment. Will hang on a bit longer to see what happens before I make a decision.

I get fotf that can rival a full on meal some days. its so frustrating when you body works against itself.
When I was first diagnosed my FOTF used to be wild like that and rise 6mmols in an hour or less, but it is usually much more settled now, maybe because I inject my bolus insulin before I get out of bed, but today my liver has been churning the stuff out like there is no tomorrow. I am a bit concerned that it will run dry during the night and my muscles will suck what glucose there is out of my blood as a result of the exercise I have done and leave me hypo, but really don't want to go high through the night either which is also perfectly possible. Think I will be setting a 2am alarm and making some adjustment through the night. I have reduced the Levemir by 1unit (from 5 to 4) and levels seem to be stable in the mid 7s so hopefully that is a good guess.

Well, after an incredible frustrating day trying to get software working, I didn't drink much, had no lunch, didn't do my walk and felt horrible. So I was surprised to get 5.1 on the Contour Next. I also forgot the Metformin this morning. I just received a free Contour Plus meter, so tried that and got a 5.2. Which value shall I use? 🙂

6.4 for me tonight but once again, several corrections during the day to keep in range. High meat content chipolata sausages with more savoy cabbage (I am working my way through a huge head of cabbage this week on my own, but really enjoying it) and a mixture of chilli jam and sour cream and chive dip used as a sauce. Probably doesn't sound great but it was quick and easy and warming and yummy!

Well, after an incredible frustrating day trying to get software working, I didn't drink much, had no lunch, didn't do my walk and felt horrible. So I was surprised to get 5.1 on the Contour Next. I also forgot the Metformin this morning. I just received a free Contour Plus meter, so tried that and got a 5.2. Which value shall I use? 🙂5

5.15 +/- 0.05! 🙂

A 6.8 for me this wet and windy evening on holiday on the Norfolk coast.

6.4 before dinner
Followed by 2 errors and a 7.2 before bed.

I had my hba1c test on Monday and find out the results tomorrow so wish me luck. If anyone wants to guess the figure feel free to send me a message. Winners will be announced once I know my result. See the disclaimer about the prize for the winner.

6.3 tonight. (Though the Libre2 is getting worse.... it thought 3.3.... and 2 hours after tea thought 3.9 compared to fingerprick of 8.5.... I have sent them some info through the "contact us" form on the website and hopefully they will email me back soon. I'm not terribly good at remembering to call people during the day so figured at least if I send some info they can get back to me).

I had a lovely tea of mashed swede & carrot and chicken breast pieces (free from Iceland through Olio) followed by a few chocolates (2 dark Lindt Lindor, 1 hazelnut Lindor and a mini Reeses peanut butter cup) which were a small part of a £1 Lucky Box from Approved Foods! I got absolutely loads in this one, lots of sweets for the kids and a few snack things for me were easily worth the money and then I've already given away most of the bits I wouldn't eat/drink via Olio. (Included "no added sugar chocolate raisins"..... because using sweeteners in the chocolate makes so much difference with natural sugar dense raisins??? They were still about 80% carbs and 60% sugar!!!)

mashed swede
How carby is the swede? I've had celeriac but I haven't come across any swede while I've been shopping recently so I haven't bought any. Assuming it's similar to turnip?

How carby is the swede? I've had celeriac but I haven't come across any swede while I've been shopping recently so I haven't bought any. Assuming it's similar to turnip?
I should think pretty similar to turnip, and people do use it as a good substitute for potato.
It always used to be something we had mixed with carrots when I was a kid.

Turnips and swede along with kale were animal fodder when I was young. Can't stand them or sprouts!

I would have thought it would be similar to turnip. I ate it in a commercial product - 54% carrot, 44% swede and a little butter, salt and black pepper according to the label, and 200g serving is apparently 15.8g carbs.

Checked Samsung Health and that reckons that swede bought from different supermarkets (diced or whole) varies from 2.3g to 5g carbohydrate per 100g so lower than carrots

Last edited:
Turnips and swede along with kale were animal fodder when I was young. Can't stand them or sprouts!
I had some lovely roasted sprouts this week, just with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of pink himalayan salt!

Do you dislike savoy cabbage as well?

Back