Before Tea/Evening Meal

6.0 on the Libre2. It's mostly been within 1 mmol of fingerprick so I'm just doing that for first thing now and then rolling with the Libre since it's mostly to see the patterns etc that I wanted to try it and it doesn't really matter at this stage if it's 1 or so mmol higher or lower.

I'm actually starting to wonder if I maybe have reached actual remission.... I went with youngest to Trans* Day Of Remembrance and then we went for a late lunch, child picked Pizza Hut so I thought oooh yes fab, can try the same pizza I had last time kids picked Pizza Hut (flatbread one with chicken and bacon) and see how high it spikes before it drops (tried a couple of weeks ago when we had a mini weekend away, my kids are fairly predictable in what places they feel like eating! But I knew the 2 hour reading then was fine). Looking at the Libre graph, the highest it peaked was about 7.5ish.... from a 4.9 start and about 64g carbs including my little salad. To be fair, both today and 2 weeks ago I did a lot more walking than usual so that might have been a factor too....

For experimental purposes I haven't added any extra cheese or other fats/protein to tonight's tea of ready made stuffed peppers - which although fewer total carbs is much more calorie-weighted to carbs - to see if that registers a higher spike without as much Fat and protein to slow release

A dreadful 13.8 for me. It's like I got only 75% of my insulin. I have upp'd my Neutral and am waiting till I am down to at least 9.0 before eating on the descent! Really annoyed about it but trying to stay cool as the phantom pain started about 3 hours ago and stress appears to make it worse! :(

It was 4.1 for me tonight before my Sunday dinner of roast chicken. I didn't manage it as well as I woud have liked though because Libre said I was still just mid 4s at the end of the ,meal, so I decided to have a small portion of apple crumble with cream and then took my eye off the ball and was 12.2 and rising when I next checked and took two stacked corrections to bring me down. Currently levelled out at 6.1 but think I may need a slight top up of carbs as I have injected a couple of units of Levemir tonight which may not be a good decision but I haven't had as much exercise today and I cut my orning Levemir by 2 units. I will know in the morning if I got it right or wrong.

24.0 before tea today. This bug is really screwing up bgs. Have small amounts of ketones so need carbs and fluids for tea, hopefully get a lower post meal bg.

7.1 tonight. Was take away night so had half a portion of chow mein.
Scared to scan libre now as I had 0 prebolus time and a guess at the carbs.

Last edited:
5.1 before evening meal tonight.
Hope everyone has had a good day 🙂

4.7 today. My house is feeling very cold, and I don't think the boiler is heating the radiators as it seems to only be coming on when I turn the hot tap on (combi- boiler)... so I shall need to find a boiler engineer type person to have a look at it. (And find the radiator key and bleed the radiators as not done that yet this winter, but I really don't think that's the only issue as the heating was coming on a couple of weeks ago when I only had it set to do so for an hour in the morning...)

And it was a 5.7 for me this evening.

5.1 before lunch and 6.0 before dinner. Happy with both of them.

8.3 for me this evening. Think it might have been -1 or thereabouts if I has not been naughty! 🙂 Somebody gave me an Advent Calander with dark chocolate. Anyway I thought I would try one so ate my birthday. It was so moreish that I ate two more. 🙂

5.5 before my evening meal today

Libre2 said 4.5, fingerprick said 6.3. I had a feeling the Libre was starting to run low (hence checking it this evening) as it shows me as having had 2 hypos today, and I'm not on any medication that might cause that and hadn't done any real exercise

4.7 today. My house is feeling very cold, and I don't think the boiler is heating the radiators as it seems to only be coming on when I turn the hot tap on (combi- boiler)... so I shall need to find a boiler engineer type person to have a look at it. (And find the radiator key and bleed the radiators as not done that yet this winter, but I really don't think that's the only issue as the heating was coming on a couple of weeks ago when I only had it set to do so for an hour in the morning...)
(Update on this - I didn't find a radiator key last night, but a friend from work found one and passed it to me today so tonight I:

- bled all the radiators - some had no air, some had a fair amount
- turned the time dial a full clockwise revolution in case I had accidentally turned it anticlockwise at some point when adjusting time
- turned the thermostat in the hallway up from "20" to "21/22" - I have never been sure if this thermostat is linked to my central heating or left over from the house's original warm air heating system as it's a different brand than the boiler

Either one or all worked and the heating has come on. I have it set only low on the boiler to try to take the edge off without shooting my gas bill too high, and it does seem a little better now it has been on for a couple of hours!

I also have a name or two from other work colleagues to call for someone to come and check out the boiler in general, though I'm less worried about how long it might be before they can come now the heating is on!

And a 8.3 for me pre-dinner this evening.

7.0 for me before my evening meal which was savoy cabbage done with a knob of butter with mushrooms, high meat content sausage and a teaspoon of chilli jam, just because I have a little jar of it opened to use up.

5.8 for me this evening.

I was 5.1. Stressful day on the project, trying to debug assembly language and customer wants stuff for mass production! Was quite sustained to see a reading in the 5s.

And a 6.9 for me this evening.

Back