Before Tea/Evening Meal

5.7 for me this evening and I'm pleased with that, had some KFC at lunchtime just a couple of pieces of chicken and 6 chips/fries 2 hours later BS was 8.6 (from 5.2 before lunch)
hope everyone has had good day 🙂

A 6.7 for me this wet and windy evening.

Libre reading 6.2. I think it's running a little higher than fingerpricks but don't want to keep rechecking as the point of trying it isn't to fingerprick more but to get a bit more information about how high/fast my blood glucose is peaking and falling really. I'll still double check it a couple of times tomorrow at least to try to get a bit more idea how it's comparing.

5.2 this evening before food and after drying out from standing at school gate waiting to pick up my oldest granddaughter in this filthy weather :(
Hope everyone has had a good day and managed to stay dry. 🙂

And a 6.2 for me at 6 pm tonight......

Mine was 5.3 by fingerprick. But I haven't yet decided exactly how much to adjust Libre (which thought 7.3 then ten minutes later 6.9) as it agreed exactly 2 hours after breakfast . Lower carbohydrate intake today and Libre2 still had me 100% in range though, even with showing that high post meal peak which I don't usually see. So it definitely isn't ridiculously high above actual BG.

I can completely see why Abbot offer the free sample - it's a little bit addictive checking, and it would be easy to become fully caught up in it and start planning to constantly use it if I could afford to do that. I'm definitely having to remind myself whenever I peek back at yesterday's graph (when I did peak at a little over 10 at lunchtime on Libre2) that I would never have known that with just pre and 2 hours post fingerpricks, as by 2 hours that peak had come down to under 7. So my natural insulin did its job, though I'm still not yet convinced that I'm at actual remission rather than dietary control as I wouldn't describe yesterday's lunch as high carb - Samsung Health estimated 45g of carbs.

Tea with my friend, followed by wine and cake (and a walk home) is on the cards for Friday night so I'm excited to see what the pattern looks like for that.

It was 4.2 for me late last night before a 10pm fish and ship supper shared with Ian on the way back from a driving club meeting. Shot myself 5 units with no prebolus time and managed it really well (I thought😎 ) but was rising at midnight which I rather expected due the slow release from a fatty meal and bearing in mind that I ended up in the 13s all night the night before I added an extra unit to my evening Levemir as again I hadn't got much exercise yesterday due to rain. Turned out not to be a good course of action and I woke about 4am on 2.7 according to Libre.... which would probably be nearer 3.7 if I could have been bothered to do a finger prick as Libre reads about 1mmol low for me. Ordinarily I would just have one or at most 2 JBs to treat a hypo but despite my groggy state of mind, I decided that an extra one was needed and that turned out to be the right decision, even if the extra Levemir unit was the wrong decision in the foirst place....
You win some and lose some 🙄.

5.3 this evening for me, a quieter day today. Hope everyone has had a good day 🙂

And a 4.2 for me at 6,15 this evening.....

Mine was 5.2 yesterday evening just before eating :D

4.9 today. Had a fairly chilled day with a lie in, then went and collected my new (first ever) glasses. It feels very weird to see them in the mirror or in the selfie I took to share with a couple of friends/family.

It also feels weird when I'm looking at middle distance (where they're not correcting), like I'm looking at people through a window

4.9 today. Had a fairly chilled day with a lie in, then went and collected my new (first ever) glasses. It feels very weird to see them in the mirror or in the selfie I took to share with a couple of friends/family.

It also feels weird when I'm looking at middle distance (where they're not correcting), like I'm looking at people through a window
When you have worn glasses for 60 odd years it feels odd not to wear them, your eyes feel vulnerable from the wind or dust.

6.5 this evening for me at 5pm but only 2 hours after Sunday lunch followed by keto blackcurrant crumble and greek yogurt a rise of less than 2! probably won't eat again today as feeling very full.

33.3 before tea. With clean hands. Do have a sore throat but woke up with that and bg was doing alright until this afternoon. The plan was pasta but I think I’ll change that to a big drink and insulin.

And it was a 6.4 for me pre-dinner tonight.......

Back