Before Tea/Evening Meal

As I posted in the waking thread I had my covid booster yesterday and have had a thumping headache, affected my vision reminded me of looking through a Kaleidoscope and nausea. Took BG at 2.30 and was 4.5, feeling really 'off' I had two slices of toast - without crusts. 2 hours later 8.7 and 2 hrs after that 9.2😳
However at 7.30 it was 5.3 🙂
Still feeling 'off' but on a positive note even though the toast didn't help my BG it did settle my tummy :D
Hope everyone has had a good day

5.3, had a Maccies burger (the new BBQ Bacon Stack) for a treat, but no fries and just an espresso so that kept carbs down to 40g (and about the same g fat and protein so hopefully won't spike me too much, even if it is a few more calories than I've been usually having for one meal!)

I also finally started the actual painting of the boxroom I'm turning into a dressing room/chillout room for youngest! One coat done on the ceiling, second shortly when I've put them to bed. Then a day to let that dry tomorrow before putting masking tape around the edges of the ceiling and paint the first 2 walls on Friday. (Youngest wants 2 walls each in different colours)

5.9 for me again today.

I had chocolate cake for breakfast as I was testing a recipe for my birthday.
I had cheese for lunch and a cup of decaf coffee and then in the evening I had lamb steaks with tzatziki and olives and peppers and then I made some lemon fairy cakes to test another recipe - melted knob of butter, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of allulose and a splash of vanilla and some baking powder - whisked and then sprinkled a dessertspoon of coconut flour, 2 dessertspoons of almond flour, half teaspoon of xanthan gum and a blob of greek yoghurt and the zest of a quarter of a lemon- into little cake cases and 15 minutes at 180C then left in the oven while I whisked up some double cream and then stirred in a mashed strawberry. We had them with the double cream mixture and another half strawberry each.
Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.01.17 PM.png
6.6 two hours later.

6.0 after 2 hours for my burger 😎

It was 12.1 I did have an ever so mild hypo(like barely hypo at 3.9)in the afternoon only treated with 3 dextroses tablets though

6.8 this evening after 4 somethings all day :confused:

7.8 pre meal and sat down now with a homemade chicken and rice soup made with mostly leftovers. Fingers crossed I got the bolus right as I kinda winged it with the quantities. I know how much rice went into the pot at least.

6.7 for me tonight. Had some olives and cheese (feta and manchego) and going to have some yoghurt, sour cherries seeds and pecans as soon as my insulin kicks in. Had some cheddar (mature and smoked) and half an apple for brunch followed by some bolognaise which required a ridiculous amount of insulin (It was made and sent over by my lovely brother in law and I think he uses a lot of flour to thicken things like that, which my system takes exception to, but it was really kind of him and very tasty and leftovers are always welcome here. Didn't have anything with it as it was just quick and east to zap in microwave and eat. May have a big bowl of cabbage and sprouts with salami and chilli jam for supper. I could eat that every night and not get sick of it. Really hits the spot, especially as I am still resisting putting the heating on, so it warms me up when I come in from evening stables before bed and no appreciable carbs, so don't need bolus insulin before bed.

Well I know this isn't before tea but all in I say this is a success of a day this (other then the spike in morning which unfortunately isn't uncoman but it was the first time I've been that high allll week).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-28-20-57-34-785_com.mysugr.android.companion.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-28-20-57-34-785_com.mysugr.android.companion.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
6.0 for me - lunch out was pheasant schnitzel with veg followed by cheese board with apple. Wondered about the breadcrumbs on the pheasant but not too bad.

6.0 for me - lunch out was pheasant schnitzel with veg followed by cheese board with apple. Wondered about the breadcrumbs on the pheasant but not too bad.
That is a bit of a posh lunch! What did you have with the Schnitzel?
I had assorted cheeses and apple for lunch too..... in fact nearly every day at the moment with so many apples needing using up and cheese is my new chocolate 🙄 .

4.4 for me - I had just been walking around the city centre, though.

6.7 for me tonight. Had some olives and cheese (feta and manchego) and going to have some yoghurt, sour cherries seeds and pecans as soon as my insulin kicks in. Had some cheddar (mature and smoked) and half an apple for brunch followed by some bolognaise which required a ridiculous amount of insulin (It was made and sent over by my lovely brother in law and I think he uses a lot of flour to thicken things like that, which my system takes exception to, but it was really kind of him and very tasty and leftovers are always welcome here. Didn't have anything with it as it was just quick and east to zap in microwave and eat. May have a big bowl of cabbage and sprouts with salami and chilli jam for supper. I could eat that every night and not get sick of it. Really hits the spot, especially as I am still resisting putting the heating on, so it warms me up when I come in from evening stables before bed and no appreciable carbs, so don't need bolus insulin before bed.

No, not sprouts! Nasty little green things! I thought BoJo the clown said we had left Brussels and it sprouts! 🙂

If you don't like sprouts you are not cooking them right or you remember them overcooked from your childhood.

I used hate Brussels sports I don't anymore I got far less fussy about foot when I went to uni.

Back