Before Tea/Evening Meal

My levels have been stubbornly high all afternoon/evening with lots of corrections doing nothing other than preventing me going too much higher. I was 8.0 when I injected for my evening meal and I ran up and down stairs 20x to help get it started before I ate and I am pleased to report that aside from muscle burn, I am now sitting on a lovely stable 4.9.... No mince pie experiments tonight. Will save the rest of them for next month or maybe December to keep @rayray119 happy😉

And a 5.8 for me pre-dinner tonight.

My levels have been stubbornly high all afternoon/evening with lots of corrections doing nothing other than preventing me going too much higher. I was 8.0 when I injected for my evening meal and I ran up and down stairs 20x to help get it started before I ate and I am pleased to report that aside from muscle burn, I am now sitting on a lovely stable 4.9.... No mince pie experiments tonight. Will save the rest of them for next month or maybe December to keep @rayray119 happy😉
I will probably soon make a curry with 'rice' (konjac is my favourite) and a home made garlic naan bread and maybe try a very low carb experimental onion bhaji I have been pondering as your post has got my taste buds inclined in that direction.
Not quite at the mince pie stage yet but my birthday is coming up very soon so I will be making a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate cream filling and butter 'icing'. And I will be staying within my 20g carbs a day while doing so.

I was on 4.9 today. Another day off work, so went for a long walk - down to London Road Cemetery (Coventry) designed by Sir Joseph Paxton back in the 19th century. The guy who invented the Penny Farthing and the differential gear is buried here, as is the founder of the Singer Car company (Whose football club is forerunning to Coventry City FC.) It's an arboretum with trees from around the world as well as a cemetery, and the older section has quite an atmosphere. There's also the mass grave of blitz victims. From here I wandered into Charterhouse, a walled abbey grounds with the remains of the abbey being converted into a restaurant/venue and then up into the city centre where I found some second hand records.

34DC5FC3-963E-4F50-B93A-A97B9A480EFD.jpeg

I was on 4.9 today. Another day off work, so went for a long walk - down to London Road Cemetery (Coventry) designed by Sir Joseph Paxton back in the 19th century. The guy who invented the Penny Farthing and the differential gear is buried here, as is the founder of the Singer Car company (Whose football club is forerunning to Coventry City FC.) It's an arboretum with trees from around the world as well as a cemetery, and the older section has quite an atmosphere. There's also the mass grave of blitz victims. From here I wandered into Charterhouse, a walled abbey grounds with the remains of the abbey being converted into a restaurant/venue and then up into the city centre where I found some second hand records.

View attachment 22669
You were about 100yds from my house. The cemetery is really interesting, the chapel has been completely restored and is fabulous inside.
The Charterhouse used to be used by the Workers Education Association to run courses in the nineties and it was very dilapidated. I am looking forward to seeing it fully restored.

A 4.6 for me tonight, didn't have enough lunch today as I was busy.

6.2 for me after a fun afternoon of trippy migraine auras followed by the main event. That's the 2nd one in the last week or so 🙄. Going to be a fun month until they go away again for a while.
Not sure what's for dinner apart from something that the thought of doesn't make me wanna throw up. Not usually nauseous but today - blegh.

You were about 100yds from my house. The cemetery is really interesting, the chapel has been completely restored and is fabulous inside.
The Charterhouse used to be used by the Workers Education Association to run courses in the nineties and it was very dilapidated. I am looking forward to seeing it fully restored.

My wife did some courses at charterhouse back in the 1990s (For the NHS). It's good to see all this stuff coming back into use. I went to a concert in Draper's hall the other week, that is a real gem now!

We walked around that area during lockdown and ended up going along the river, under the impressive bridge and through some tunnels... Today I just came out the Charterhouse grounds onto a street whose name I don't know and cut across to Gulson road. Tried to find a bit of the city wall near Paradise street but had no luck.

Did find a nice coffee shop on Parkside which was handy!

My wife did some courses at charterhouse back in the 1990s (For the NHS). It's good to see all this stuff coming back into use. I went to a concert in Draper's hall the other week, that is a real gem now!

We walked around that area during lockdown and ended up going along the river, under the impressive bridge and through some tunnels... Today I just came out the Charterhouse grounds onto a street whose name I don't know and cut across to Gulson road. Tried to find a bit of the city wall near Paradise street but had no luck.

Did find a nice coffee shop on Parkside which was handy!
Some of the route along the river is now blocked off because of the construction of the new waste recycling centre.
There is apparently a new route being constructed along the old Loop line.

5.1 before tea today. Not got what I planned to do today done yet... suppose I should get on with that....

6.5 for me. Been a much better afternoon with no corrections needed so my 2 unit increase in Levemir this morning was a good call. Just had a whole tub of my favourite feta stuffed peppadew peppers. Might have some more savoy cabbage with salami and chilli jam now and then call it a night, as I need an early start in the morning.

And a 6.1 for me pre-dinner tonight.

It was 7.4 down to 3.7 noe though(i have treated just waiting). Probably because I rushed out for something)

4.9 for me and just had a whole 175g tray of mange tout and baby corn with some sour cream and chive dip which should be just about 10g carbs. May have something more later (soup perhaps) but that will do me for now... Quick easy and pretty healthy.

Fixed a major bug in some software today! And then did my only test of the day - 4.6

Last edited:
Some of the route along the river is now blocked off because of the construction of the new waste recycling centre.
There is apparently a new route being constructed along the old Loop line.

Yes, a circular route that takes in the Charterhouse, London Road Cemetery, the railway bridge and other places.

7.4 pre meal which I am surprised at considering I had a mince pie mid afternoon.
Dinner was spicy carrot and leek soup with a cheese. ham and coleslaw sub.

Back