Before Tea/Evening Meal

Yep, it was the temperature, had the shorts on and a t-shirt, felt like summer was back.
I went for a walk at lunchtime and it was warm in the sun - I probably could have gone out without my coat and been fine!

This morning, though, there was ice all over the car. I had to get the kids to scrape it off. They protested, but as I pointed out, it's either that or they walk to school. Funny how quickly they cleaned it off!

Last edited:
4.9 this evening before dinner. @Barrowman we've had a sunny but fresh day here, please share your 19c 🙂

9.2 but had a couple of biscuits earlier. Around 6 carbs each I dropped had lbrackfast and lunch later today and and was 4.8 around depiate having a couple of chocolates an hour a bit before because I suspecting I was on way down even though I was 7.6. so that kind of suggests that my afternoon drops is background although if I knocked it back again it would probably make me high at other times of day as I still had a very small rise before I ate backfast not much it was just 1.5 rise(kind of expected more). And there is also the possibly I'm not disgusting everything I eat or drink if it does turn out I'm intolant to something(these things are hard to pin point though) hey ho I'm sure I'll find a way to work around things 🙂

5.2 this evening.

I was 4.1… but had just walked home from work.

4.7 by the time I was ready to eat. I had planned to eat tea all in one go but my broccoli bake thing I'm creating wasn't cooking in time in the oven (should have steamed the broccoli first...) so I've eaten my soup and still trying to get that cooked... after 50ish minutes total in the oven I'm now microwaving to try to get the broccoli soft enough!!

And t was a 6.1 for me pre-dinner this evening, I must stop having a muffin halfway through the afternoon.

It was 5.7 for me and for once I had a very early evening meal at 4pm or maybe it was a very late lunch...because I was going to the theatre later. Had a massive plate of salad with some home cooked ham, cheese coleslaw, more grated smoked cheese and half a grated apple and some mixed seeds and psyllium husk and balsamic vinegar all sprinkled over the top. It was delicious and filling and a lovely variety of textures and flavours. Can't wait to have the same tomorrow.
Back from the theatre and 4.3 so just had a pot of olives with Feta and Manchego and a glass of rum and diet coke and levels are not high enough for bed so looks like I am going to have to eat a square of chocolate and some peanut butter as dropped to 4.0 now according to Libre. It's a hard life.. 🙄

It's was 10.2 my routine got a bit of out of wreck today because I'm been really tired and it was raining and haven't done much so that might be why. But the time I managed to get backfast sorted today I had short up to 11 it did come down to 7.6 by lunch. Think I might try and work and my backfast for tomorrow tonight so I can bolus for as soon as possible.

6 tonight for me after a good lunch 😉 may have to skip tea/dinner:(🙂

Why? 6 is a good number
it is but I'm usually lower before tea/dinner, and feeling a bit greedy as I had eaten a lot at lunch and spent afternoon sat down instead of doing something, too wet and dreary to take dogs out or garden 🙂

And it was a 5.4 for me before dinner tonight.

6 tonight for me after a good lunch 😉 may have to skip tea/dinner:(🙂
Surely better to have a low carb dinner rather than nothing as that is more likely to trigger your liver into releasing glucose or you will start to snack on something less healthy because you are hungry.
We are having some salt and pepper pork ribs (Lidl) which are only 4.8g carb for half the rack with carrots and broccoli.

Surely better to have a low carb dinner rather than nothing as that is more likely to trigger your liver into releasing glucose or you will start to snack on something less healthy because you are hungry.
We are having some salt and pepper pork ribs (Lidl) which are only 4.8g carb for half the rack with carrots and broccoli.
Aw thanks for your concern, when I said a good lunch I should have said huge, I had steak with turnip/suede 'chips' (Boiled and then browned in pan) mushrooms, onion, leek, courgettes, peppers etc and when almost cooked simmered them in fresh cream & ground pepper, however because I was using up veg I had a huge plateful and enjoyed every mouthful.
Have just had a small cheese omlette and a green salad.
Salt & Pepper ribs sound good 🙂

6.3 at 9.36pm for me before a late half fish and few chips supper shared with partner on way back from a driving club meeting. Levels are not yet settled so will sit up and do Wordle/Quordle etc until I am more confident that I can go to sleep and them stay in range.

Back