Before Tea/Evening Meal

Very nice 5.2 :D

5.1 for me this evening, very pleased as I had a full Sunday lunch albeit smaller portions than what I used to eat.

5.2 before tea

Chicken, loads of cauliflower and broccoli and a couple of potatoes.

5.6 afterwards.

For some reason, potato didn’t really seem to cause me much of an issue.

4.6 for me according to Libre but just felt like I wanted to check up on it as my levels had been stuck on 4.6 according to Libre for nearly an hour. Finger prick showed 6.2. This sensor has been consistently near enough 1mmol lower than finger pricks but looks like it has drifted a little more. Still workable, so not too worried, but may check it again tomorrow.

More spicy ratatouille for my evening meal tonight to use up courgette/marrow glut with salami and konjac noodles. I always add balsamic and port to my rat and tonight I also added a few sliced jalapenos and olives and sweet paprika. It was really tasty. I could eat it almost every night and not get sick of it..... just as well as the marrows keep coming!! Picked one tonight easily the size of my thigh from knee to hip and I am a stocky lass!! And there is another still on the plant not much smaller plus a few smaller courgettes. I planted it in the banty chicken run and it has clearly benefitted from their nitrogen deposits on the soil. 🙄 :D

4.6 for me according to Libre but just felt like I wanted to check up on it as my levels had been stuck on 4.6 according to Libre for nearly an hour. Finger prick showed 6.2. This sensor has been consistently near enough 1mmol lower than finger pricks but looks like it has drifted a little more. Still workable, so not too worried, but may check it again tomorrow.

More spicy ratatouille for my evening meal tonight to use up courgette/marrow glut with salami and konjac noodles. I always add balsamic and port to my rat and tonight I also added a few sliced jalapenos and olives and sweet paprika. It was really tasty. I could eat it almost every night and not get sick of it..... just as well as the marrows keep coming!! Picked one tonight easily the size of my thigh from knee to hip and I am a stocky lass!! And there is another still on the plant not much smaller plus a few smaller courgettes. I planted it in the banty chicken run and it has clearly benefitted from their nitrogen deposits on the soil. 🙄 :D
I was at the allotment yesterday and somebody was taking an ENORMOUS pumpkin home in a wheelbarrow, I swear it was nearly 3 feet in diameter. Goodness knows what it must have weighed. It is a pity I didn't have my camera.

I was late getting my giant pumpkin seeds sown this year so it is not giant but just a nice sensible size. The one a grew a couple of years ago was ridiculously big and I struggled to lift it and most of it wasted because I just couldn't use or store it. Hopefully the very mediocre giant pumpkin I have grown this year will be a much better size to manage and use. YOU CAN get too much of a good thing sometimes!! 🙄

6.9 pre- evening meal yesterday, presumably my liver helping out as I'd been for a long walk earlier in the afternoon. Low carb tea (6g) and it dropped to 5.6.

Tea was coleslaw crustless quiche - had lots of coleslaw really past date and was inspired by someone on another forum making potato pie with leftover potato salad and thought "I like carrot in quiche...", so sprayed a quiche pan with oil, added a good layer of coleslaw, less milk in with the eggs than usual, did a little stir when I poured them in to mix the sauce in, sprinkle of cheese and in the oven. Had some for breakfast this morning too!

But late posting. Was 7 9 last night so not to bad but hypo around mid-night. Composing letter to my diabetes consultant. I need CGM to help reduce HbA1c and protect my remaining leg. Will ask them to outright wouldn't they want one in my shoe?

9.8 for me today. Been battling stubborn high levels for a couple of hours or so with several stacked corrections, but it is resisting coming down. As a result I have just had a few roasted pork ribs and some veggies. Low carb meal, so hoping I get away with breaking my rule of eating when levels are above 8.

Just waiting for a phone call from the autoelectrician to tell me that he has hopefully identified the problem with my new to me (12yr old) Freelander AND that it is an easy fix. Hate the waiting game when you are hoping for good news and fearing the worst...

Maybe it is the anxiety of this anticipated phone call which is pushing my levels up. 🙄

It was 9.8 for me but had a biscuit an hour ago as I checked to see if I needed a correction like I did yesterday but I was 6.9 and to myself well I have done a bit of walking so biscuit probably wouldn't hurt.

9.8 for me today. Been battling stubborn high levels for a couple of hours or so with several stacked corrections, but it is resisting coming down. As a result I have just had a few roasted pork ribs and some veggies. Low carb meal, so hoping I get away with breaking my rule of eating when levels are above 8.

Just waiting for a phone call from the autoelectrician to tell me that he has hopefully identified the problem with my new to me (12yr old) Freelander AND that it is an easy fix. Hate the waiting game when you are hoping for good news and fearing the worst...

Maybe it is the anxiety of this anticipated phone call which is pushing my levels up. 🙄

I have put Care for the Free lander. You might find this of interest or super scary!

10 here and still struggling to get a correction to work fully. Looks like yet another correction to go with dinner which I'm super late making. wups :D

I have put Care for the Free lander. You might find this of interest or super scary!

Thanks for the article and your "care". Unfortunately, the article wasn't overly helpful. The only common problem I have that it lists is the central locking system and it doesn't seem to give you any advice on rectifying that. Thought it was just going to be a question of changing the batteries in the fobs with it being 12 years old, but I have changed one.... rechargeable batteries that need to be soldered in 🙄 . I made a passable job of it, but still not operating from outside the car but the system works from inside using manual controls, so I assume it is the sensor in the car which is not getting the message from the fobs..... The problem is made worse by the manual override key not working which feels to be a physical lock mechanism issue which good old WD40 has not (yet) resolved.

The big issue was the dash board instruments suddenly freezing and going out together with a momentary amber warning light but no idea which warning light it was as it was on and gone in a fraction of a second. The dash came back up the next day when I started it up so apparently an intermittent fault, but hopefully it will show up on one of these fancy diagnostic computers.

10 here and still struggling to get a correction to work fully. Looks like yet another correction to go with dinner which I'm super late making. wups :D
I can sympathize as my D is behaving the same today despite my best efforts. Tomorrow is another day! 🙄

5.3 this evening at 6pm, busy morning cleaning up etc after my granddaughters stay this weekend but a lovely relaxing afternoon, even dogs enjoyed the quiet.
Hope everyone's had a good day

4.6 for me. I'm a bit baffled by a recent readings - seem to be quite low. I think my meter might be broken!

4.7 for me. I am now having much the same for tea as I had for lunch, except I'm going to try a bit of fruit after. (I'm mostly having much the same as there's no room in my freezer for the batch of soup I made yesterday, so it's either eat it all up before it goes off, or swap it for portions of other soup/stew already in the freezer.... it seems simpler just to eat it!)

9.3 had eaten some chocolate earlier on before going out for a work. I'm happy to say I'm not missing out on danfee even though I still haven't managed to get my phone sorted as because the nurse says she's happy do the screening on the first day of the course so still going to be able to do after all.

And it's a 5.2 for me this evening, I thought it might have been higher as I had cheese and mushrooms on toast at 2.30 this afternoon......

Back