Before Tea/Evening Meal

Tyre replaced. Vehicle health check while it was in has added replacing another tyre and replacing the drive shaft oil seal to the routine service in 2 weeks. Fortunately my bank account is in better shape than when it last needed work done, and this is cheaper work too!
Was that for the sills? Quote for my car is more than car's value! ☹️

Not tested yet, will do it at bedtime. I have just been to my local corner shop as we have run out of milk. The lady that works there is very friendly, the sort of shop that stays open on Christmas Day and knows all the neighbours. Anyway I dont know whether to be offended or feel complimented by her comment. I bought a packet of magic stars and she said "oh fancy something sweet?" I said "no they are for my daughter" to which she nodded her head and said "Diabetes!" I said "well yes but how do you know", and she gestured to me with her arms open wide and said "I used to be massive and lost weight when I had diabetes too"....she was implying I had lost weight but also that she thought I was massive previously if her open arms stretched outwards meant how big I was before! I dont think she meant anything except to share experiences, she then lent over towards me as I handed over payment and said "And you will lose more, trust me, much more"

Oh well, now I feel like eating the magic stars in defiance!

Bit like when I told someone I has been diabetic all my life and they said"You must have been a fat child"!

Bit like when I told someone I has been diabetic all my life and they said"You must have been a fat child"!
Thats harsh! Why do people think they have the right to comment, especially as diabetics can be any shape or size, there is a lot of assumption from people isnt there?

I have had a little positive today, according to my body composition scales my visceral fat is now in acceptable range. However a little cloud on the horizon is that following my blood test on Friday I have had a text from the surgery saying to call the doctor to discuss my results. I called and the doctor is on leave today and they told me it has to be him as he requested the test (this is actually a lie, I put in the request online for a blood test to check my HBa1c and redo my lover and cholesterol checks as the doctor (not this doctor but a different one at the practice) advised me to do. So he didnt ask for it and in addition I was handed over to him to deliver the previous results as my own GP was on holiday so why they have suddenly decided I can only speak to him about the results is strange.

@Jenny65 Is this a new NHS test: lover test?

Thats harsh! Why do people think they have the right to comment, especially as diabetics can be any shape or size, there is a lot of assumption from people isnt there?

I have had a little positive today, according to my body composition scales my visceral fat is now in acceptable range. However a little cloud on the horizon is that following my blood test on Friday I have had a text from the surgery saying to call the doctor to discuss my results. I called and the doctor is on leave today and they told me it has to be him as he requested the test (this is actually a lie, I put in the request online for a blood test to check my HBa1c and redo my lover and cholesterol checks as the doctor (not this doctor but a different one at the practice) advised me to do. So he didnt ask for it and in addition I was handed over to him to deliver the previous results as my own GP was on holiday so why they have suddenly decided I can only speak to him about the results is strange.
I suspect it may be because you will have questions which the receptionist or nurse is not qualified to answer.

Was that for the sills? Quote for my car is more than car's value! ☹️
The last work? It was for coolant pump as it was leaking excessively. My car has a lot of miles but is only 6 years old so definitely still worth more than the work needed this year.

In terms of ordering the test on the system, presumably he put it through which is what the receptionist would have been looking at. I guess you'll have to wait until you are able to speak to GP to find out whether the nurse could have spoken to you, but receptionist wouldn't be able to discuss anything that may have shown up. It may be that the message says "speak to GP" and the receptionist is just going on that - when I had my original results I got a text to speak with GP but already had an appointment to speak to nurse - but she hadn't clicked the buttons or something to order the tests so phlebotomist got GP to order them on the day they were taken.

The last work? It was for coolant pump as it was leaking excessively. My car has a lot of miles but is only 6 years old so definitely still worth more than the work needed this year.
Cars are often worth more to you than a garage is prepared to give in part exchange. We were offered £200 for our 7-year-old diesel citroen with only 60,000 miles on the clock. Told them to stick it!!!!

Cars are often worth more to you than a garage is prepared to give in part exchange. We were offered £200 for our 7-year-old diesel citroen with only 60,000 miles on the clock. Told them to stick it!!!!
If that was recent they were definitely trying to pull a fast one, second hand prices have gone way up! Honestjohn website reckons average 7 year old Citroën they underoffered by 4.5k....

If that was recent they were definitely trying to pull a fast one, second hand prices have gone way up! Honestjohn website reckons average 7 year old Citroën they underoffered by 4.5k....
It was a couple of years ago. It was frustrating as the only problem was the engine management warning light which was constantly on and we had it to many garages and nobody could fix it, even though they could not actually find anything wrong with the car but as the light was on it was an MOT failure. We kept it one more year and another garage offered us £3000 against another car, which we took but really don't like the new one nearly as much. It is petrol and fuel consumption is not a patch on the diesel.

Sounds very frustrating! My car is petrol but I haven't actually owned a diesel myself. Driven a hire one once or twice. I seem to keep finding recently that I fill up as cheapest I've seen petrol for a bit then the next day it drops again.... though since I go through about a tank a fortnight with work and leisure driving it isn't too bad unless the price then goes back up again before I next need petrol!

8.1 I then took insulin for what I was about to eat and discovered the source was too spicy so it was a struggle

8.1 I then took insulin for what I was about to eat and discovered the source was too spicy so it was a struggle
Oh I don't need the care symbols I forgot emojis diaaaper I was actually laughing about it.

Libre says 3.1 but I'm actually low 4s as this sensor is reading between 1 and 1.5 mmols low. Just having some stewed beef in a tomato sauce with mushrooms, carrots, peas, onions and a lot of sauteed marrow and a couple of baby potatoes.... basically a beef casserole/stew. Nice and warming, tasty and filling and using up one of my rather too many marrows (courgettes that got away).

5.1 for me this evening, hope you've all had a good day

Libre says 3.1 but I'm actually low 4s as this sensor is reading between 1 and 1.5 mmols low. Just having some stewed beef in a tomato sauce with mushrooms, carrots, peas, onions and a lot of sauteed marrow and a couple of baby potatoes.... basically a beef casserole/stew. Nice and warming, tasty and filling and using up one of my rather too many marrows (courgettes that got away).
As my OH is in hospital I have made myself some ratatouille which I love and he hates, so will have it with some grated cheese.

7.5 bedtime reading for me, I have got quite bad at doing my testing, Just on waking and at bedtime. My evening ones seem to be in the 7s a lot and my morning ones the low 6s. As I am not on meds and controlling with diet alone, is this OK do you think?

As my OH is in hospital I have made myself some ratatouille which I love and he hates, so will have it with some grated cheese.
Oh now I want some Ratatouille too thats one of my favorites. I was sad when Nandos removed it as a side instead of chips or coleslaw etc. I felt having chicken and ratatouille was tasty and healthy (I dont like Nandos as a rule but its my daughters favorite place to eat.) Hope you OH gets better soon xx

3.8 after walking home, just before making dinner
5.6 an hour after dinner
6.0 two hours after dinner
5.1 three hours after dinner

And I think I forgot to take my Metfartin this morning.

Back