Before Tea/Evening Meal

And it was a 7.0 for me pre-dinner tonight, I put it down to a chocolate chip muffin I had with my coffee I had this afternoon....

Update on OH, they are playing a waiting game at the moment, but thinking he may need surgery which would mean a stoma, not sure if that would be temporary or not. Various doctors have said different thing about the level of activity he will be able to do, not being able to do the allotment or doing stuff in the workshop to yes OK but not heavy digging or lifting. He is still on NbM, antibiotics, and IV fluids. He was very despondent this morning when they told him but seemed a bit more positive this evening.
Thursday update. The consultant rang me to talk through what was going on and what they are planning which I was quite impressed with.
They are reluctant to operate whilst there is still infection so are continuing the antibiotics and fluids and will do another CT early next week. He has been allowed jelly and ice cream this morning to see how he gets on with that. They are talking about needing to remove about 30-40cm of the bowel when they do the surgery. Obviously, he will be in hospital for some time. They may give some IV nutrition to keep things going meanwhile.
He had a bad night as the beeper on the drip kept going off. Hopefully he will catch up on some sleep today.

It was 10.8 but had a couple of jelly babies post lunch as felt like I was dropping even though was only 6.4. did have a ever so minor hypo just before lunch(as 3.8 which know is counted as normal for non diabetics so not too much to worry about)

5.5 before food for me this evening.
Busy morning but not as hectic this afternoon thank goodness. Hope everyone has had a good day

And a 6.1 for me before dinner tonight.........

4.3 for me tonight and just had an unbolused apple from the garden (my second of the day) but half at a time and they are tart (low carb) and crisp, just how I like them with a chunk of cheese (mature cheddar) and a cooked high meat content sausage. Sometimes just picking at things is nicer than a big meal, especially if you can get away without injecting for it.

7.5 pre-tea. Maybe cos had a hectic day, not enough water to drink (didn't have much time to drink it!) and started making various different food dishes when home not just my tea so it was later than it would have otherwise been.... didn't like the main thing I was trying for tea, so had a half portion of spinach, rocket &coconut soup that didn't divide nicely when I was portioning it, plus a couple of Aldi's peanut butter chocolate trees (OK but not nice enough to really want to make them my little bit of chocolate again. I should make some of my own peanut butter cups with high cocoa low sugar chocolate and unsweetened peanut butter again...)

5.2 before our early supper today.

And a 7,1 for me pre-dinner tonight......

12.4 I had a stack mid afternoon because as was going for a walk difinatlly feeling it more again after treating it. I did start felling like I was dropping not long after tea but when I checked I was 10.2 so I assumed it was one of those widen moments felt like that for a bit afterwards so probably meant u was falling fast so I checked and I was falling fast but as I had checked thought I was fine.

4.6 this evening before eating

Kept to the lower dose of Isophane and BG was 7.3 tonight. Being stressed and tired I order a 7" pizza and salad from our local guy - thin crust naturally. I got a 19" one delivered which is double the size. It was delicious so I shot up an extra 5u Actrapid and ate it all. In fact I thought it low so carefully washed my hands, dried them and tested the opposite finger on the left - 7.2! 🙂

P.S. I have revised my 5-letter words in preparation for Wordle but doubt I will do it in one! 🙂

5.3 for me as I am about to tuck into a very late evening meal. I didn't get time to eat before heading out to the theatre and had GGs to sort when I got back so just cooked up a sort of spicey ratatouille with sausage and salami. I last ate 13hrs ago and it was an apple and some cheese.... well apart from a couple of JBs in the theatre to keep my levels from dropping due to us boogying the night away, so feeling pretty hungry now. I have dropped my Levemir a unit and hope that gets me through the night without a hypo tonight. I'm not having any bolus with my meal as it's pretty low carb.... just what is in the tomato, onion and yet more marrow....got to use them up somehow 🙄

Didn't test before what has ended up being my evening meal as it was supposed to be a snack :rofl: Kind Dark Choc & salted nut bar while I was finishing some paperwork off. By the time I did have time to think about a "proper tea" I couldn't be bothered

And an 8.0 for me pre-dinner this evening......

5.1 for me at 7pm didn't eat until half hour ago. Hope everyone's had a good day 🙂

Back