• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Before Tea/Evening Meal

Today's amputee physio really speeded up the old metabolism with two hypos despite dropping insulin dose and 60gm extra CHO.BG was 4.1 a little while ago so had three squares of G&B's finest 85%! :)

A mighty 7.8 for me this evening, I guess it must have been the Magnam I had around four this afternoon.

Bit a good result.u had phantom itching which is a really weird sensation as you can neither search it or apply @rebrascora's magic potion (Germolene) to ease it. It has now turned to a really painful burning sensation at the top of the foot. A couple of Paracetamol did not help and I have now taken a big boy Oxycodine! Despite taking insulin my liver has now pushed my BG from around 8 to 13! How's a man meant to keep In Range?

And a 6.0 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

8.8 this evening. But down from the 14.1 it was this afternoon and all I had eaten was a piece of toast for breakfast and a pear for lunch (too hot to eat). I think shifting molehills must have helped.

i'm not a happy bunny been good all day and it's 6.3 this afternoon. I have a blood test for my rhumatoid and a diabetes b/t tomorrow morning :mad:

i'm not a happy bunny been good all day and it's 6.3 this afternoon. I have a blood test for my rhumatoid and a diabetes b/t tomorrow morning :mad:

6.3 is absolutely fine for a premeal reading. Why are you not happy?

5.1 for me.

I thought it was to high !!
As a Type 1 diabetic your target is usually 4-7 before meals, so 6.3 is absolutely fine, although older people are sometimes set higher targets because they are at more risk if they hypo, but I think 6.3 is close enough to 7 to be a good safe number that is still within range.

Were you disappointed because you thought it should be lower or higher?

I had a roast turkey dinner today followed by rhubarb crumble and custard. Unfortunately I slightly mistimed my insulin and my low alarm went off just as I sat down to eat and despite eating some carbs first, I ended up hypo and had to have a couple of JBs mid meal which took the edge off my enjoyment. I was recovered in time for the crumble though so I enjoyed that. Really really rare that I have a dessert but I was a guest and it would have been rude not to. Just home and sat down to inject my 3.5 units of basal, only to realise that it was my red Fiasp pen as I pressed the button, so now having to eat a few prunes to soak it up.... it's a hard life.... that is two treats in a day dessert and prunes. Decided to try again with the correct (blue) Levemir pen but knocked half a unit off, so just 3units as there will likely be a bit of that extra Fiasp and I already have a full tummy so didn't want to eat a load more.

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread I will post a 5.1 for my premeal reading when I injected my insulin for the meal, although I had injected 1.5 units an hour and a half earlier before I set off from home to bring me down from 9.3 with a vertical upward arrow, so really I cheated to get that 5.1 If I had arrived at my sisters in double figures I would have been waiting hours to come down before eating my dinner or be in double figures all night and need twice as much insulin for the same amount of food, so that forward planning kept me mostly in range and able to eat as soon as dinner was ready.

Back