Before Tea/Evening Meal

4.7 this evening ive been drinking orange juice and dextrose tablets since mid afternoon, were out for a meal soon table at 7pm

5.7 and fighting like hell with a bad cold and insulin resistance these past days. So the oats sent me flying high and now gone a bit low having over cooked the insulin

It was a happy 5.6 for me on this glorious sunny day, 21.3c on my outside temperature gauge.

I was around 5.0 on the Libre.
A carb filled day.
Hash browns and beans at breakfast.
Beer in the afternoon.
Loads of crisps.
Chinese food for tea, including a fair amount of chips, sweet and sour chicken and noodles.

BG went up. As expected. I was not expecting such a rapid fall.

IMG_8504.png
As I’ve got the Libre, and no blood test for a few months, I’m really just looking at the response carbs. The bump earlier in the day as a pile of crisps.

An unexpected 7.0 for me pre-dinner this wet evening after snacking all afternoon.

a 5.9 for me this fine evening,

7.2 this evening but all over the place because antibiotic Doxycycline severely affecting insulin behaviour. Not in a good place as lost the big toe nail on my remaining foot today! :(

A 5.6 for me pre-dinner this warm sunny evening.

I've just starting doing a finger prick as my consultant doesn't wont it going any higher but i'm not sure whats good or bad.
I did it this afternoon before having an evening meal and the results was 4.3 is this good or bad ??

I've just starting doing a finger prick as my consultant doesn't wont it going any higher but i'm not sure whats good or bad.
I did it this afternoon before having an evening meal and the results was 4.3 is this good or bad ??

Hello Lesley, 4.3 is absolutely brilliant. Can I just check if you are Type 1 or Type 2. Against your name it says Type 1 but if you are you should have been familiarised with BGs and their interpretation. Also what treatment(s) are you on

A 7.1 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

Thank you mikey but i dont understand what BGs is ? today it was 4.9 I'm Type 1 or just on the border . No treatment i have Rhumatoid and i have 2 injections every week to hold it.
Any help much appreciated

Pre-dinner this fine evening it was a 6.7 for me...

Thank you mikey but i dont understand what BGs is ? today it was 4.9 I'm Type 1 or just on the border . No treatment i have Rhumatoid and i have 2 injections every week to hold it.
Any help much appreciated
Sorry I don't understand what you say about not understanding what Blood glucose is (BG) surely if you are Type 1 you will be taking insulin and will need to know what your blood glucose is either with finger pricks or a CGM.
What do you mean by 'just on the border'

Back