Before Tea/Evening Meal

Hi,
Bg 14.0 this evening. Couldn't resist the cornedbeef on wholemeal with lashings of pickle for lunch. Actually didn't care, to hell with the consequences, for once. It tasted great and it is paying me back with the IBS kicking me again. Most likely lesson not learnt.
Cheers

So first Libre I've used for around 2 years.
Breakfast included oats, between 25-30g of carbs. Went up, naturally, but plummeted back to normal figures so quickly the sensor errored. Quite surprised at the speed it dropped.

For lunch I went to Wagamama and had a meal that was around 40g carbs and went for a walk around the city record shopping... back to 5s within 2 hours.

Before tea it's 5.1 on the sensor; 4.8 on the finger-prick.

Pre-dinner this fine evening it was a 4.7 for me..

I had to get about for 14 months on one leg after shattering my calcanus. Managed to continue working and even moved a 350 Kg mill across the room on one leg. Sadly it toppled and was thrown across the room, neglected to tell the surgen. For a moment I believed Kiwi's could fly!
I had shoulder surgery at the beginning of the year which has made the situation worse. Immediately cancelled the other shoulder surgery I was booked in for. Oseoarthritis in the left hip, all knuckles both hands and now the complete spine including the neck. Other than the heart and liver everything else is trying to kill me. I'm luucky, if you can say that in that I am bloody minded and nothing stops me doing everything I'm not supposed to and yes, I pay for it. After 12 years of extensive pain with little or no medical help I have become used to the severe pain and as I'm only able to have opioid based meds. Being addictive I refuse to take them, hence a very high pain tolerance. I guess you can't play hard and fast and expect no consequences. The stupid thing is no one has been able to find any problems resulting from 30 odd years of extreme cholesterol, sky high BP and moderatly high BG. I have a slightly enlarged heart from running with a high BP for so long. My kidneys died for over 18 hours from campylobacta but have rebounded to 40% and hanging in there, despite medication that effects them and diabetes. I have above average strength and mobility in my shoulders for my age. I'm now restricted to shuffling my feet as the nerves are restricted in the spine and kick up hell when I get up and move around. Doesn't stop me either.
So yes I'm up for a body transplant if you have a tall slim body, with washboard abs and a full head of hair hanging about, I'm your man. Male body of course!
The easiest part of having a body that no longer loves me is there are people far worse off than me, so I should complain, it can't get much worse regardless of what I do. Apart from bungee jumping no strings attached!
Cheers

Being minus a leg my worry is when they develop leg transplants they will give me a shorter leg and I will list to the left! Sometimes when people ask how I lost my leg I say they forgot at attach the bungee to the right leg! :rofl:

Being minus a leg my worry is when they develop leg transplants they will give me a shorter leg and I will list to the left! Sometimes when people ask how I lost my leg I say they forgot at attach the bungee to the right leg! :rofl:
Have they tried manuka honey dressings on your poorly foot. One thing that was being tried at one time was maggots, horrible though it sounds it was effective where other treatments had failed as they eat the bad tissue leaving healthy tissue to heal.

A very late 5.9 for me before dinner this fine but chilly evening.

Late posting again. 9.2 but jumped by about 2 30 minutes before. Unbeknown to me the cable for my mouse had become entangled in the wheelchair and I pulled the laptop to the floor as I turned round. Once I gathered everything up it seemed reluctant to start up and connect to the WiFi. Once it did Firefox played games until it was updated. Coincidence I think

Had some salad at lunchtime but repeated on me. Couldn't face the Fish 'n' Chips tonight so just had a cuppa soup and a slice of toast.

And it's a 4.7 for me this sunny evening.

My libre is showing 5.0 this evening.

And a 7.4 after a frustrating hunt for a roast followed buy a slice of toast, a small piece of cheese and low calorie cuppa soup!

And it was a 7.2 pre-dinner this damp evening.

And it's a 7.1 for me on another chilly evening, will this weather ever change for the better?

Back