Before Tea/Evening Meal

Well after a 4.9 on waking my pre-dinner reading was 4.7 and that was after two slices of toasted white
bread with lashings of raspberry jam on at around 2 o'clock this afternoon, I thought I would be up in
the 9's at least - wonders never cease...

4.9 despite a massive samosa at lunch.

A 6.7 for me pre-dinner this slightly damp evening.

I'm happy with a 6.1 pre-dinner this fine evening.

4.4, although I had just walk to the local high street.

A 6.0 for me tonight and that was after a whopping Toby Carvery at 2.30 this afternoon, but I didn't
partake of a dessert even though it was a treacle pudding with custard....:(

4.4 for me actual alarm went off before and again after eating, it went off after coming back from the gym so i had a yogurt and one dextrose tablet hoping i would make it to dinner but my body had other ideas.

4.9 for me.
Despite some hassle at work and an absolutely horrible emotional situation (No cares, as it’s something I shouldn’t have got involved with!)

Hi,
Normal function resumed,12.8 this morning. Insulin not touching the sides, well not quite true, it is injected in the side! May have to swap out the man made plastic butter for the real thing. Can't remember if the world is in a butter is good or bad for us cycle!
Cheers

A happy 6.1 for me tonight, and now for my fish finger and chips...

Hi,
This mornings glucose 13.9, not surprising after actually eating an evening meal. Back to starving myself I guess. Doc's instructions to insulin increase tonight and by the way your spine from the neck down is riddled with Osteoarthritis. Great news, at least that explains some of the problems I'm having. Now just wait for a head transplant!
Cheers

Evening all. Haven't posted for a few days as been recovering from food poisoning/stomach bug?. Usually between 9 - 10 last few days as trying to make sure zero hypo risk as vomiting and going hypo is scary! Eating light meals now. Was 7.0 tonight.

Hi,
This mornings glucose 13.9, not surprising after actually eating an evening meal. Back to starving myself I guess. Doc's instructions to insulin increase tonight and by the way your spine from the neck down is riddled with Osteoarthritis. Great news, at least that explains some of the problems I'm having. Now just wait for a head transplant!
Cheers

Hope you are joking about the transplant? {shock emoji} I had OHS (open heart surgery) in 2018 and it was quite amazing. You come round feeling like you crashed your car without a seatbelt but a couple (drip optional) of days later walking up the ward feeling in better than you had done in ages (in my case about 18 months of angina and breathlessness!). Arthritis is a bummer. I have it in my hip on the leg with the amputation which doesn't help walking with a prothesis! :(

Hope you are joking about the transplant? {shock emoji} I had OHS (open heart surgery) in 2018 and it was quite amazing. You come round feeling like you crashed your car without a seatbelt but a couple (drip optional) of days later walking up the ward feeling in better than you had done in ages (in my case about 18 months of angina and breathlessness!). Arthritis is a bummer. I have it in my hip on the leg with the amputation which doesn't help walking with a prothesis! :(
I had to get about for 14 months on one leg after shattering my calcanus. Managed to continue working and even moved a 350 Kg mill across the room on one leg. Sadly it toppled and was thrown across the room, neglected to tell the surgen. For a moment I believed Kiwi's could fly!
I had shoulder surgery at the beginning of the year which has made the situation worse. Immediately cancelled the other shoulder surgery I was booked in for. Oseoarthritis in the left hip, all knuckles both hands and now the complete spine including the neck. Other than the heart and liver everything else is trying to kill me. I'm luucky, if you can say that in that I am bloody minded and nothing stops me doing everything I'm not supposed to and yes, I pay for it. After 12 years of extensive pain with little or no medical help I have become used to the severe pain and as I'm only able to have opioid based meds. Being addictive I refuse to take them, hence a very high pain tolerance. I guess you can't play hard and fast and expect no consequences. The stupid thing is no one has been able to find any problems resulting from 30 odd years of extreme cholesterol, sky high BP and moderatly high BG. I have a slightly enlarged heart from running with a high BP for so long. My kidneys died for over 18 hours from campylobacta but have rebounded to 40% and hanging in there, despite medication that effects them and diabetes. I have above average strength and mobility in my shoulders for my age. I'm now restricted to shuffling my feet as the nerves are restricted in the spine and kick up hell when I get up and move around. Doesn't stop me either.
So yes I'm up for a body transplant if you have a tall slim body, with washboard abs and a full head of hair hanging about, I'm your man. Male body of course!
The easiest part of having a body that no longer loves me is there are people far worse off than me, so I should complain, it can't get much worse regardless of what I do. Apart from bungee jumping no strings attached!
Cheers

Back