Before Tea/Evening Meal

4.8 for me, after a walk home.
Pub tonight.
Which will be a CARBFEST!

And it was a 5.2 for me tonight, spent most of the afternoon walking around furniture stores and the
finishing off food shopping in Lidl, boring or wot!!

Was very pleased how I managed the day after starting the day with insulin and good adjustments in preparation for physio. Estimate BG was about 7 but kicked up to 8.8 when phantom pain kicked in! Painkillers totally ineffective. Prescribed Gabapentin utterly useless! :(

5.4 after a carb filled day and night.

Breakfast today was oats, chia seeds, nuts, yoghurt and a pile of raspberries - way over 25g of carbs in total. Waking was 5.2. An hour after eating was 6.9, which I thought was pretty good considering. I tested at 90 minutes as I was walking to work (I figured the oats would give me energy) and found I was now a 5.4, so it had come down quite quickly before I'd even started walking.

For lunch it was a burger at Five Guys, way over 40g of carbs with all the filling. Peak was around 8 at an hour. Walked home to a 4.7 half an hour later.

This was after last night's pub visit. Two beers, and piles of crisps, saw a peak of 7.2 and 5.4 before leaving the pub.

After a very busy afternoon gardening my pre-dinner was 5.7 - higher than I thought it would be, I really
thought I would be bordering hypo territory.

Without alarms working I didn't know I was going down & down till I went hypo just before a lunchtime snack with my taxi arriving shortly thereafter. I ended up overtreating and hit ~11! Finishing day at 8.8 could have been worse I suppose!

A 7.9 for me pre-dinner this very windy evening.

I was 6.2 after a weird day of seeing levels higher than normal after yesterday being quite low all the time.

Same breakfast today as yesterday had a totally different effect!

Is there anything special about 8?
I seem to peak at 8, no matter how many carbs I have.

I know this is not quite the thread, but I have put this here before. I really wonder how much stress, both physically and mentally affects BG? Bit worried about cancer update which is due on Tuesday.

I know this is not quite the thread, but I have put this here before. I really wonder how much stress, both physically and mentally affects BG? Bit worried about cancer update which is due on Tuesday.

It does but the response varies between individuals and other factors. One day stress can send my BG soaring and on another it can send me hypo. In my position, not affecting many here unless neuropathic pain causes the same effect, phantom pain cause the release of adrenalin causing the BG to rise sometimes sharply! Good luck Tuesday!

And a 6.1 for me this fine sunny evening....

A none too good 11.9 (10.4 on the finger) after another bad lunchtime hypo. Must sort this! :(

Mainly blue sky before it darkened. Wonder what tomorrow will bring. Many areas of field sodden around here but direct drilling and overuse of fertiliser playing their party. Manure helped drainage in my youth!

Weather today was insane. Went for a walk to the city centre. It rained, was cloudy, blowing a gale, and then rained again.

4.7!

Back