Before Tea/Evening Meal

Evening all, a rather late 5.9 for me this evening.

Meant to post yesterday evening and forgot - 5.3 pre tea and 5.4 about 2 hours later so very happy with that. I did have just veg and chicken and sauce in stir fry and did rice noodles separately for my fiancé (trying to cut my carbs back again as they had crept up) but did have a small choc pot dessert.

Meant to post yesterday evening and forgot - 5.3 pre tea and 5.4 about 2 hours later so very happy with that. I did have just veg and chicken and sauce in stir fry and did rice noodles separately for my fiancé (trying to cut my carbs back again as they had crept up) but did have a small choc pot dessert.
That’s a good response.
I notice you’ve started Metformin for high FBG?
Is it making a difference?

I’ve recently stopped my 500mg of Metformin and I’m not seeing any difference in readings.

But not always for me. 5 mile run this morning. BG would not go down.

I just walk briskly, and it drops very quickly.
When I try running it also dropped rapidly and I lost energy!

That’s a good response.
I notice you’ve started Metformin for high FBG?
Is it making a difference?

I’ve recently stopped my 500mg of Metformin and I’m not seeing any difference in readings.
It seems to be having the desired effect. Mostly I've started it because I'm planning to ttc in a few months and the numbers were a bit high for pregnancy. Otherwise I wouldn't have worried as FBG was usually under 7. I also thought that if they were going to want me to start and there was some initial side effects (impact on my IBS) that it would be better to do before ttc so as not to risk overlapping that with morning sickness, but I haven't had any side effects from the SR metformin. My cholesterol was slightly up last check although HbA1c had only gone from 35 to 36 (was officially classed as in remission a few months ago) so I'm not sure if it was carb creep, or if my body was starting to struggle a bit more with insulin resistance etc again and it might have gone up if left. I guess I won't know now unless I stop the metformin again if everything is going OK once I have finished with potential pregnancies.

Again this morning I have had to have more insulin and less food after parkrun. A middling 24.29.

We saw Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy in Newcastle and listened to the first series on Radio 4. Douglas Adams sorely missed!

It seems to be having the desired effect. Mostly I've started it because I'm planning to ttc in a few months and the numbers were a bit high for pregnancy. Otherwise I wouldn't have worried as FBG was usually under 7. I also thought that if they were going to want me to start and there was some initial side effects (impact on my IBS) that it would be better to do before ttc so as not to risk overlapping that with morning sickness, but I haven't had any side effects from the SR metformin. My cholesterol was slightly up last check although HbA1c had only gone from 35 to 36 (was officially classed as in remission a few months ago) so I'm not sure if it was carb creep, or if my body was starting to struggle a bit more with insulin resistance etc again and it might have gone up if left. I guess I won't know now unless I stop the metformin again if everything is going OK once I have finished with potential pregnancies.

Interesting that your fasting levels are elevated, as the meal results you get seem excellent and you hba1c is good.
I've just stopped my 500mg of Metformin (I was told to) and haven't seen any difference at all - fasting levels are the same (Usually < 5.6) and meal results are the same (Generally 5.6 - low sixes). I upped the carbs during the last year to the point where some meals I eat 'normally' (Potato with a roast and naan with curry) and hba1c went to 38 from 36 (It's been 39 in the past.)

I was 4.2 tonight after a walk up to a local shopping centre to get some ingredients for tomorrow's lunch.
Had a cappuccino while there, with full fat milk, or course.
Must be almost two weeks since Metformin finished. Readings don't appear to be any different to before.

7.5. I blame the pizza plus cookie dough dessert for lunch. (In my defence we were looking for somewhere that wasn't fully booked  and served food my youngest would eat so ended up at Pizza Hut... and it was cheaper to get a 3rd dessert than not as df wanted a side and he couldn't eat any of the desserts due to allergies)

Very confusing . Was 7.4 with new sensor sensor which x-ref'd to finger (7.9) but an hour later just before I took insulin it war 9.4 (10.1). Weird kick up - was it the burst of phantom pain I had! :(

Last edited:
An 8.9 for me this fine evening.

Back